Brightview Senior Living "home office" Reviews | Glassdoor

Brightview Senior Living Employee Reviews about "home office"

Updated 22 Apr 2019

4.1
Brightview Senior Living CEO Marilynn K. Duker
Marilynn K. Duker
Pros
  • "Home office support consistently(in 9 reviews)

• "Brightview on New Canaan won three awards for Significant Operations, Chairman’s Club and Resident Satisfaction Award(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Perspective of upper management is they have a title that gives them an air of superiority but not seen taking much action(in 8 reviews)

• "I have no cons for working here(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "home office"

Return to all Reviews

"Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highly engaged teams Home office support consistently Home office's genuine interest in your growth and development

Cons

None in my 2 years of experience

Advice to Management

Continue offering growth opportunities

Brightview Senior Living2019-04-17
  2. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Home Office Support, Opportunity to Grow Within the Company, Positive Work Life Balance, Managed Community Growth.

Cons

Small Presence in the South

Brightview Senior Living2019-04-22
  3. "A great place to work!"

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Even as a growing organization, Brightview stays true to its roots and culture. From our home office in Baltimore to our communities throughout multiple states, Brightview is an inclusive organization that provides a positive experience for employees and our residents. The company allows for career advancement, leadership is open to hearing ideas and they always wants us to do what is best for our residents. It’s... a pleasure to work with some of the kindest and most hard working people I’ve ever met. I’m just as happy with the company now as when I was hired almost two years ago!

Cons

None that come to mind.

Brightview Senior Living2018-11-06
  4. "Exceeded my expectation once again......"

Current Employee - Business Office Manager in Norwalk, CA

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been a part of Brightview on New Canaan for a year. When I started I was sent to the Home office in Baltimore, Maryland where I attended New Director Orientation. It was a wonderful 3 days of meeting the Home Office support I would be working with as well as Senior Leadership, Administration, Accounting & Finance and Operations. The next trip to Home office was for the Gala that was held for... Associates who were nominated for superior work and for the communities who performed well. Brightview on New Canaan won three awards for Significant Operations, Chairman’s Club and Resident Satisfaction Award. This was also a great time to see everyone that I met at New Director Orientation and see how they are doing. Brightview may have over 40 communities but still has the ma and pop feeling of family. There are many things that Brightview does for their Associates but the most recent announcement blew me away. “Our company-wide efforts to make smart, healthy choices have resulted in health plan costs that have been lower than expected. Because we’re all in this together, Brightview is sharing those savings with the plan members. There will be no medical plan withholdings for the entire month of December!” Just when I think Brightview has exceeded my expectations, they do it again.

Cons

I will let you know if and when I come across any.

Brightview Senior Living2018-10-28
  5. "Amazing company"

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've been fortunate to work at four really great companies in my career but none as amazing as Brightview. Our leaders, both in communities and at the home office, really care about associates and have lots of programs to back that up. Our benefits are incredible, there are development programs to help us advance in our careers, we have an annual survey to share feedback and they actually listen and take it... seriously, there are lots of recognition programs, and the list goes on. When senior executives come into the community they actually stop to talk with associates at every level and really listen to what they have to say. When there are issues the company is dealing with, they ask the people closest to them for advice and input rather than trying to solve everything from the home office. I work because I have to work but I work at Brightview because I feel important, needed, and valued. Not only do I get to work with colleagues who I like, trust, and respect but I have the honor of serving our residents who become like family. I love it here!

Cons

No company is perfect, including Brightview. We have some growing pains but I'm less concerned with what goes wrong than I am with how people respond when that happens. My experience has been that when things go wrong, we fix it. Our managers are open to feedback and responsive to my concerns.

Advice to Management

Stay close to the communities. As we grow, it would be easy to lose touch. I've seen it happen in other companies and I love that protecting our culture is a high priority for Brightview, even as we get bigger and more spread out. Don't lose it! It's what makes us special!

Brightview Senior Living2018-10-24

"Executive Director, New Jersey Region"

Current Employee - Executive Director

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Moving my family to New Jersey to become a part of this team was the best decision I could have made. Having worked for other senior living providers in my career, it is my opinion that Brightview's unique approach to resident independence and choice that make it so successful. I am not just the Executive Director of the building, but the Captain of a team of vibrant, dedicated associates who enter the community... each and every day with a mindset to providing an excellent experience for our residents, families, and each other. We have everything that we need to succeed. Our expectations are set out for us in a consistent, easy to follow manner. Those questions that we do have are answered by our supporting regional and home office team. We have the autonomy to provide a tailored experience to our residents, and empower them to enjoy the communities to the fullest, yet we have the support when opportunities or challenges arise. Personally, I know that many ED's have felt "alone" at the helm of the ship with other providers (or at least that their compass might be broken, pulling them in different directions). My experience with Brightview has never been this way. My RDO provides feedback, support, and guidance, without micromanaging the community. Further, I feel recognized for the work that I do and the achievements we make as a community. I know that I have a "voice", and my team knows that they, too, are valued. I've never felt badgered or beleaguered into writing a review; in fact, I only felt prompted after seeing reviews that others had. It's unfortunate that others have had a negative experience, and the only opinion I can offer is my own. I know that when I have an issue or concern, there is a wealth of experienced, knowledgeable team members, be it our community front line, fellow ED's and Department Heads, regional support, and our home office team there to assist in whatever way they can. Thank you, to my community and Brightview, for continuing to be a great place to work and live.

Cons

None that I can list.

Advice to Management

One Brightview is a great initiative! Please continue to grow at a measured, responsible pace with the focus on providing the best associate and resident experience.

Brightview Senior Living2018-06-02
  7. "Director Level"

I worked at Brightview Senior Living full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are great , Communities are gorgeous, the home office in MD is extremely helpful when needed

Cons

too many communities in a small geographical area - sister communities become competitors

Advice to Management

follow the mission of not wanting to be the biggest but wanting to be the best - the growth may be good for the pockets of the investors but it is hurting the most vulnerable- your residents.

Brightview Senior Living2017-04-06

"Great Company"

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living

Pros

Very positive and well-organized company to work for. Everyone from the home office is always incredibly helpful and in-tune with what is going on at the communities. The culture throughout the organization is unbeatable.

Cons

BV is growing rapidly, so some departments at the home office seem to be getting a little over-taxed with regards to their response times, etc.

Brightview Senior Living2016-11-08
  9. "Breath of Fresh Air!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time

Pros

Upper management keeps great communication with individual communities and associates Growth is encouraged and accessible Home Office is not as restrictive on individual communities as other companies Recognition is given to associates on all levels frequently Associates, for the most part, genuinely care about the residents and the company as a whole always acts in their best interest

Cons

Compared to other senior living companies, there is not as much assistance for directors on a regional level, but directors tend to have more freedom to do what they need to do without relying on guidelines from Home Office so not as much regional support is needed

Advice to Management

Continue putting the residents first and success will always follow! I have worked in the industry for 14 years, for three different senior living companies. Brightview is by far the most pleasant to work for. The amount of acknowledgment communities and associates receive from Home Office is tremendous and I have felt appreciated since Day 1.

Brightview Senior Living2016-04-05

"Wonderful coworkers, questionable management"

Former Employee - Health and Wellness in White Marsh, MD

I worked at Brightview Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

The coworkers "in the trenches" with you are amazing, direct supervisors are easy to talk to, the buildings are beautiful, the health benefits are good, good work/life balance, easy to make your schedule

Cons

Low pay, unreasonable demands from 'home office', more concern on looks than resident care, ZERO support and backup from the higher ups--expect to be thrown under a bus if a family member or resident has a complaint.

Advice to Management

Your 'grunts' are the ones who give your company such a great reputation in the community. Pay them and treat them like the assets that they are, instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel for their pay. Maybe spend some of those annual bonuses and vacations on your lower employees instead of throwing it all at upper management, and you'll find greater loyalty.

Brightview Senior Living2015-03-23