KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Brightview Senior Living

Engaged Employer

Brightview Senior Living

Add a Review

Brightview Senior Living Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 14, 2018

Found 8 of over 263 reviews

4.2
Brightview Senior Living Chief Executive Officer Marilynn K. Duker
Marilynn K. Duker
Pros
  • "Flexible schedule for a part time employee(in 10 reviews)

• "Brightview on New Canaan won three awards for Significant Operations, Chairman’s Club and Resident Satisfaction Award(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Perspective of upper management is they have a title that gives them an air of superiority but not seen taking much action(in 8 reviews)

• "sometimes short staffed, always high expectations, lots of meetings(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Love the job but not the company

Nov 14, 2018 - Vibrant Living Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The nature of the job is fun and enjoyable, facilitating activities with residents.

Cons

I was hired for a set schedule and amount of hours, however two weeks in it was all changed and no longer worked for me. I wouldn't have accepted the job two weeks prior had I known the changes to my schedule and job duties to come. Perspective of upper management is they have a title that gives them an air of superiority but not seen taking much action. Facility is very moldy. Certain managers speak down to staff in a disrespectful way. Overall morale is terrible. When my coworkers heard that I put my two week notice in, they were all jealous.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Very Nice Company to work for.

Mar 24, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Many. Not the best, but certainly not the worst company to work for. Yes it is a job, you have to work, be on time, follow simple rules. I know hard for many.

Cons

Upper management out of touch with what is happening in communities. Some EX. have their favorites Associates, and policies are not being applied with consistency. Some associates whine all the time and they should look into moving along. Some communities have associates glued to their cell phone while on the floor, nothing done. Too much gossip among Associates.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Disconnected Management = Poor experience

Oct 28, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the employees and residents made it a bearable place to work. Some employees really took their jobs seriously and care about the residents.

Cons

-Upper management completely disconnected from the everyday issues. Likely too busy to even care but still disheartening. -Only choosing to hold certain individuals to a high standard. - Full time position is not a 40 hour week. Would have been nice to know prior to employment. - Maintenance and housekeeping department was never fully staffed. -Job description and actual duties were completely different.

Brightview Senior Living Response

Employer Representative

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We do have wonderful residents and associates that make the work environment very enjoyable so we're happy to hear that was "mostly" your experience. Brightview is committed to a great place to work and a great place to live which includes all residents and associates. This requires management along with all associates to contribute to that goal. When an associate feels we've missed the mark, there are several avenues to communicate this to us including speaking with a supervisor, department director or the Executive Director of the community. We also have regional directors such as the Human Resources Business Partner. It is unclear whether or not you took any of these steps and we'd welcome a conversation about your experience so that we can better understand your concern. It appears that you are no longer with Brightview so if you'd like to call the home office Human Resources Department, the phone number is (410) 962-0595. Ask to speak with the Director of Talent & Employee Relations, Vicki White.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Decent first job experience - Dining Room Server

Jan 8, 2016 - Dining Server
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's great being able to have an impact on the lives of the residents. The wage was above average for similar positions in the same industry.

Cons

It was hard to rely on other departments, as many (definitely not all) employees obviously didn't care too much about their job. I got the impression that no one took upper management seriously at my specific facility. Reviews were occasionally made by managers that did not interact with you enough to present an accurate review.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Big let down

Apr 6, 2014 - Management in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly associates, nice buildings, thats it

Cons

Executive Director is known to treat his managers badly, yet he is allowed to do it. Those who complain to upper management, get targeted as "difficult."

5 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0

Disheartening

Apr 29, 2015 - Perry Hall in Nottingham, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice decor and a lot of great workers. If u like human interaction and the elderly it would be a good fit.

Cons

The pay sucks and they want u to go above and beyond but you do not get regnized for it. They have their few token minorities in upper management but if your skin is not the right color there is no real room for growth.

7 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Poor management

Jan 17, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paid parking. Many company paid functions. Bad part is most times you have to waste your off-hours socializing with people you don’t care for in the first place.

Cons

Upper management at headquarters location has no clue what is going on within each department, which is a lot of disfunction and favoritism. Bad managers are hard to get rid of but prevail here.

1 person found this review helpful

Brightview Senior Living Response

Employer Representative

Thanks for sharing your feedback - every review helps us get better. We get a lot of great feedback about our company paid functions. We put those on because we have a group that cares for each other and enjoys getting to know each other beyond the busy workplace. While we encourage participation in those events, they are always on a voluntary basis. Perhaps we can do a better job communicating expectations around those events. Transparency is an important topic that is discussed often among our senior management team. For those reasons, we have several options for associates to share concerns. While we hope concerns can be shared openly, we understand some of our associates prefer other methods so we offer annual associate engagement surveys and a confidential hotline. Last year, all the members in senior management hosted small group lunches to gain specific information about top associate concerns. It was made clear that any information obtained during these lunches would be used to improve. There was no topic off limits and if any associate wasn’t comfortable with discussing their concern(s) within these lunches, the senior manager would be available on a one-on-one basis. It is unclear from this review whether or not you had an opportunity to attend one of the lunches and communicate your concerns. We certainly understand that not every associate will find success within Brightview but it is our goal to always be transparent, communicate expectations, and provide our associates with every tool to be successful. We thank you for feedback and we wish you success in all you do. Thanks again for your review.

8. 4.0

Decent

Jan 7, 2016 -  in Baltimore, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful facility, fun residents, most peers are good to work with, benefits are decent

Cons

Some Upper management is very cliquey and less than adequate respect for hourly employees in many areas of work. Pay is low.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews