Brightview Senior Living "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Brightview Senior Living Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 14, 2018

4.1
Brightview Senior Living CEO Marilynn K. Duker
Marilynn K. Duker
Pros
  • "Home office support consistently(in 9 reviews)

• "Brightview on New Canaan won three awards for Significant Operations, Chairman’s Club and Resident Satisfaction Award(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Perspective of upper management is they have a title that gives them an air of superiority but not seen taking much action(in 8 reviews)

• "I have no cons for working here(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Love the job but not the company"

Former Employee - Vibrant Living Assistant

I worked at Brightview Senior Living part-time for less than a year

Pros

The nature of the job is fun and enjoyable, facilitating activities with residents.

Cons

I was hired for a set schedule and amount of hours, however two weeks in it was all changed and no longer worked for me. I wouldn't have accepted the job two weeks prior had I known the changes to my schedule and job duties to come. Perspective of upper management is they have a title that gives them an air of superiority but not seen taking much action. Facility is very moldy. Certain managers speak down to... staff in a disrespectful way. Overall morale is terrible. When my coworkers heard that I put my two week notice in, they were all jealous.

Brightview Senior Living2018-11-15

"Poor management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid parking. Many company paid functions. Bad part is most times you have to waste your off-hours socializing with people you don’t care for in the first place.

Cons

Upper management at headquarters location has no clue what is going on within each department, which is a lot of disfunction and favoritism. Bad managers are hard to get rid of but prevail here.

Advice to Management

Really value lower level employees and help them grow. Stop pretending to care on the surface because people see through your charade.

Brightview Senior Living2018-01-17
  3. "Disconnected Management = Poor experience"

I worked at Brightview Senior Living

Pros

Most of the employees and residents made it a bearable place to work. Some employees really took their jobs seriously and care about the residents.

Cons

-Upper management completely disconnected from the everyday issues. Likely too busy to even care but still disheartening. -Only choosing to hold certain individuals to a high standard. - Full time position is not a 40 hour week. Would have been nice to know prior to employment. - Maintenance and housekeeping department was never fully staffed. -Job description and actual duties were completely different.

Advice to Management

Not sure about other departments but Maintenance/Housekeeping management was poor at best. The cleanliness and Maintenance in the community are extremely important...Start acting like it!

Brightview Senior Living2017-10-28
  4. "Very Nice Company to work for."

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time

Pros

Many. Not the best, but certainly not the worst company to work for. Yes it is a job, you have to work, be on time, follow simple rules. I know hard for many.

Cons

Upper management out of touch with what is happening in communities. Some EX. have their favorites Associates, and policies are not being applied with consistency. Some associates whine all the time and they should look into moving along. Some communities have associates glued to their cell phone while on the floor, nothing done. Too much gossip among Associates.

Advice to Management

Home office folks should be deployed to communities before snow storm, and help during those emergency type situation. Sleeping on the floor 2 nights and work bunch of hours straight, while our family are dealing with the snow alone, is so much fun. Not complaining, been in healthcare for 20 years, just saying.

Brightview Senior Living2016-03-24
  5. "Decent first job experience - Dining Room Server"

Former Employee - Dining Server

I worked at Brightview Senior Living part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's great being able to have an impact on the lives of the residents. The wage was above average for similar positions in the same industry.

Cons

It was hard to rely on other departments, as many (definitely not all) employees obviously didn't care too much about their job. I got the impression that no one took upper management seriously at my specific facility. Reviews were occasionally made by managers that did not interact with you enough to present an accurate review.

Advice to Management

Establish credibility somehow. Foster better communication among departments and make better hires.

Brightview Senior Living2016-01-08
  6. "Decent"

in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living

Pros

Beautiful facility, fun residents, most peers are good to work with, benefits are decent

Cons

Some Upper management is very cliquey and less than adequate respect for hourly employees in many areas of work. Pay is low.

Brightview Senior Living2016-01-08

"Disheartening"

Current Employee - Perry Hall in Nottingham, MD

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time

Pros

Nice decor and a lot of great workers. If u like human interaction and the elderly it would be a good fit.

Cons

The pay sucks and they want u to go above and beyond but you do not get regnized for it. They have their few token minorities in upper management but if your skin is not the right color there is no real room for growth.

Advice to Management

If you treated your employees like hard working people instead of just the help you would not have a 60% turnover rate.

Brightview Senior Living2015-04-29

"Big let down"

Current Employee - Management in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Brightview Senior Living full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly associates, nice buildings, thats it

Cons

Executive Director is known to treat his managers badly, yet he is allowed to do it. Those who complain to upper management, get targeted as "difficult."

Advice to Management

Listen to your managers and support them instead of condemning them. Why is it ok for the executive Director to behave very poorly towards others, yet if someone is struggling in their role, they are targeted and told it is "personal."

Brightview Senior Living2014-04-06