- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Colorado
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Denver, CO
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
- - Los Angeles, CA Area
- - Los Angeles, CA
- - Texas
- - Austin, TX Area
- - Austin, TX
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Dallas, TX
- - Missouri
- - St. Louis, MO Area
- - Wentzville, MO
- - Saint Louis, MO
- - Georgia
- - Atlanta, GA Area
- - Atlanta, GA
- - Florida
- - Tampa, FL Area
- - Tampa, FL
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- Costa Rica - All Cities
- - San Jose
- - San Jose, Costa Rica Area
- - San Francisco, San Jose
Found 133 of over 136 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Got a burning question about Brightwheel? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Brightwheel employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great benefits!" (in 16 reviews)
- "The culture across the company but especially here in Austin is just awesome" (in 16 reviews)
- "Leadership: Each member of the Leads team is talented, hard" (in 13 reviews)
- "They hire really great people, so the coworkers are all lovely." (in 11 reviews)
- "Unlimited PTO (however there are blackout periods during parts of the year)" (in 10 reviews)
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jan 13, 2023 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Management and upper management were amazing! They were so supportive and will give you all the tools you need to be successful. Unlimited PTO however if you're not working you're not making money and you have to hit a quota every month. Benefits were the best I've ever had.
Leads were old and very recycled Cold calling 100-150 calls a day
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan 31, 2023 - Sales LeadRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great Product that changes the game for Early Childhood Educators.
Systems are too numerous and not intuitive. Need simplification.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan 3, 2023 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Constant work, expectations, you will never be bored
Promise of growth into other departments. Fails to prepare individuals for hard decisions.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Dec 16, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TXRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
growing in a competitive market, the company focuses on culture and making sure that in a remote environment we feel connected, supported and are treated like human beings with real lives. If you're driven and self motivated it can be a great place to make money that you feel good about, everyone is out to help others achieve their goals, whether its coworkers or our customers
growing in a competitive market; the space can be tough with competition trying to one-up us all of the time. we move quickly so if you're change averse this isn't the company for you. Its not just growing pains but a mindset that acknowledging that adapting and changing is core to the business.
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jan 12, 2023 - Post SalesRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Best product in the space
When something goes wrong leaders don't get fired, their subordinates do. If you're considering Brightwheel, ask the hiring manager about turnover at the level 2-4 positions. Those past employees can't speak publicly as BW follows the common-practice of exchanging 1 month severance for a gag-order. Additionally, BW is headed in the wrong direction on every financial measure of success (well before the economy turned south).Continue reading
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 7, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Brightwheel has been one of my favorite places I have ever worked! The people are kind and are aligned on cultural fit. My manager is supportive, gives constructive feedback and supports me in my goals. I enjoy working with each and every BWer! -unlimited PTO -room for growth and improving your career -flexible, WFH -tech symptoms that are in place work well -People team is always adding new benefits and small, nice surprises for employee morale -mission based, trust in BW success and ELT -upper management is always looking for ways to improve and are open-minded -options to meet colleagues in person
- no 401k match - health care plan options could be made more affordable -things move really fast and work is plenty! if you're not giving it your 110%, you will likely fail as the culture is for top performers -the only thing that is constant is change!
- Current Employee★★★★★Dec 13, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Opportunities for growth and career paths
It is a startup so there are constant changes, especially in sales
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Nov 29, 2022 - Onboarding Coordinator in Wentzville, MORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great pay, flexible time off, great opportunities for former teachers
The workload can be a bit overbearing at times
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 3, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The company culture has absolutely been awesome. I cannot wait to advance my career with Brightwheel.
There are no cons at all.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Dec 5, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Unlimited PTO. Not having to be in actual rooms with these people.
Micro aggressions disguised as coaching.Continue reading
We are deeply sorry that you had a negative experience working with us. We believe that everyone — from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve — should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We offer diversity and inclusion training to our managers and have assigned HR partners to provide ongoing coaching on topics like leading with inclusion and fairness. We acknowledge that there may be occasions where our efforts to create an inclusive space fall short, and we take these situations very seriously. We are committed to continuing to improve in this area, which includes supporting a growing number of employee affinity groups and providing ongoing coaching to managers and employees. We welcome additional feedback or ideas on how we can better support our teammates. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Brightwheel Reviews FAQs
Brightwheel has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 136 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Brightwheel to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.
75% of Brightwheel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Brightwheel 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.