KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Brightwheel Reviews

Updated Jan 6, 2022

Found 68 of over 69 reviews

4.5
Brightwheel Founder and CEO Dave Vasen  (no image)
Dave Vasen
Pros
  • "Company/Product: Brightwheel is a mission-driven company with a product that brings true value to the early childhood education industry(in 18 reviews)

• "It's inspiring how this company has supported so many early education providers and educators throughout such a hard year(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Brightwheel is a place where you can truly make a difference(in 13 reviews)

• "Due to growth, many team members take on multiple jobs until future roles are intact(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,873

959 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 6, 2022 - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They care a lot about their employees and are always trying to improve the work culture for their employees + remote work style

Cons

High goals. Things are changing all the time which should be expected for a start up

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One-of-a-kind platform!

Jan 6, 2022 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Unique platform in an unsaturated market - Really care about their employees. Monthly employee surveys really do make an impact - Transparency from Dave (he runs almost all our company syncs) - Wonderful benefits - Culture is one of a kind (we have some awesome slack channels that makes us feel connected in a remote world) - So much potential to grow within the company

Cons

- Wish there were more underrepresented people the higher up you go in leadership (a lot of white cis-gendered men) - A lot of higher-ups seem to come from the same companies, especially in the sales teams. Can we get some fresh leadership? - Base pay could be a bit better. Although benefits, equity, and monthly stipend do actually make up for some of that, comp is less than most startups at this stage - Wish ladder levels were a bit more clear. - Pet insurance?

3. 3.0

Solid place to start.

Oct 13, 2021 - Internal Sales Representative (ISR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing product, really is top of the line for the industry. Managers are supportive, encourage time off. From a sales standpoint, I've learned a ton over my 2 years. They give you lots of opportunity to learn. It's remote right now, the presentations themselves are scripted for success, just follow process and be present, listen well and have drive to learn and you will do fine.

Cons

They don't value if you've been there for 2 years or 2 days. New reps will get on the floor almost immediately with not a lot of support or learning. We are growing allllmost too quick. When i started as an ISR, we had to outbound and self source our own deals from start to finish. took about three months. now you can get hired and hit the floor immediately. take that as you'd like. There is not a clear sense of what we value as team. ISRs and SDRs often are NOT on the same page. You do get inbounds but don't expect many of them to be highly qualified. We value School Closed Won, and not revenue, so it's a bit backwards. We are constantly changing procedures, I'd say it's a great place to come in if you are new to sales, but if you are tenured, there are more lucrative "fair" options for you. You pretty much have to rely on slack to get any leads, which does suck, They pass leads thru slack channels and if you miss it, oh well, better wait for the next one.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great product. But I felt taken advantage of.

Nov 9, 2021 - Customer Onboarding Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

brightwheel is an amazing product that truly helps their customers run their business more efficiently. They have built a very positive, inclusive, and celebratory culture. Colleagues are very kind and willing to help. I was excited to have had a hand in this mission.

Cons

Sadly, I felt taken advantage of while working in this role which made it difficult to feel valued. This team is severely underpaid. Management would give more responsibility to specific team members as they progressed in their career with brightwheel, however that did not include a compensation increase. This resulted in a hand full of team members being asked to do more challenging work (with much busier calendars) for the same salary as the other team members. It was like getting a promotion without seeing it reflected in your paycheck. That hand full of team members realized what they could make elsewhere and quit.

5. 5.0

Great Company

Jan 3, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, benefits, etc. I really am thankful for the healthcare benefits and the ability to earn commissions.

Cons

nothing, keep up the good work

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great interview process and great company!

Dec 15, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Wentzville, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The interview was so well thought through, they really think through questions to make sure they are hiring the people that are going to put in the effort! Great benefits! Health insurance, time off, maternity, paternity, and so much more!

Cons

Nothing! I absolutely love this company!

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast Growing, Mission-Driven Company!

Oct 21, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Huge upward trajectory as a market leader in the early education space. The pace of growth makes it exciting to come to work each day - Talented, collaborative colleagues. People really believe in the mission, and are excited to work with our customers (day care providers, staff and families) - Remote-work-friendly. The company is truly committed to hiring the best talent, regardless of geography - Our CEO Dave, is smart, empathetic, accessible and inspiring.

Cons

The Cons are typical ones associated with really fast growth: you need to be comfortable with rapid change; sometimes team members are stretched as teams are built out; sometimes process is being developed in real time as the company continues to scale.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great People and Product

Aug 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Company/Product: Brightwheel is a mission-driven company with a product that brings true value to the early childhood education industry. During every all hands meeting, we hear a customer story to show how Brightwheel has helped them in their day to day life. These customer stories always make me feel proud of the work the company is doing. 2. Leadership: Brightwheel has very strong leaders and execs. They share transparently about company's priorities and strategies. They always share how we arrived at certain decisions, what tradeoffs we are taking, and why that decision is good for the company & our customers. 3. People: you will be working with a group of brilliant people, who are not only driven to make an impact in the workplace but also deeply cares about each other. The company also proactively listens to employees' voices, takes feedback, and implements concrete actions to make Brightwheel a better place to work!

Cons

There is limited resource on team capacity especially as the company is growing. But this is a typical challenge that most startups face.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great People and Product

Aug 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Company/Product: Brightwheel is a mission-driven company with a product that brings true value to the early childhood education industry. At every all hands meeting, we hear a customer story that shows how Brightwheel has changed their daily operations & helped them better manage their teachers, students, and parents. These stories always make me feel proud of the work the company is doing. 2. Leadership: Brightwheel has very strong leaders and execs who share transparently about the company's priorities and strategies. They share how we arrived at certain business decisions, what tradeoffs we made, and why the decisions are good for our customers. 3. People: you will be working with a group of brilliant people, who are not only very driven to make a meaningful impact in the workplace but also care deeply about each other. The company proactively listens to the employees' voice, takes feedback and implements concrete actions to make Brightwheel a better place to work!

Cons

We have limited resources and team capacity, which is a typical challenge faced by many startup companies

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great compensation for the work

Dec 10, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance and culture and management genuinely cares about you and your success

Cons

Can’t think of any at the moment

Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Reviews

Brightwheel Reviews FAQs

89% of Brightwheel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Brightwheel 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Brightwheel to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Brightwheel Job Seekers