Cover image for Brightwheel

75% Recommend to a Friend
87% Approve of CEO

Found 133 of over 136 reviews

3.9
Brightwheel Founder and CEO Dave Vasen  (no image)
Dave Vasen

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,950

984 Comments

Teachers

217K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Brightwheel~2033968
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Brightwheel? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Brightwheel employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "The lack of autonomy at the top trickles down into all the teams, however, if you have a good manager, they will be able to shield you from a lot of it.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Pay could be better.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Compensation is low, but there's long term upside give growth potential(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company culture

Jan 13, 2023 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management and upper management were amazing! They were so supportive and will give you all the tools you need to be successful. Unlimited PTO however if you're not working you're not making money and you have to hit a quota every month. Benefits were the best I've ever had.

Cons

Leads were old and very recycled Cold calling 100-150 calls a day

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Strong Company Culture

Jan 31, 2023 - Sales Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Product that changes the game for Early Childhood Educators.

Cons

Systems are too numerous and not intuitive. Need simplification.

3. Join the Brightwheel team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee

Mid-Tier Company with minimal room to grow

Jan 3, 2023 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Constant work, expectations, you will never be bored

Cons

Promise of growth into other departments. Fails to prepare individuals for hard decisions.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

great place to build a career that cares about your wellbeing

Dec 16, 2022 - Senior Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

growing in a competitive market, the company focuses on culture and making sure that in a remote environment we feel connected, supported and are treated like human beings with real lives. If you're driven and self motivated it can be a great place to make money that you feel good about, everyone is out to help others achieve their goals, whether its coworkers or our customers

Cons

growing in a competitive market; the space can be tough with competition trying to one-up us all of the time. we move quickly so if you're change averse this isn't the company for you. Its not just growing pains but a mindset that acknowledging that adapting and changing is core to the business.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Leadership doesn't take accountability - they fire people instead

Jan 12, 2023 - Post Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best product in the space

Cons

When something goes wrong leaders don't get fired, their subordinates do. If you're considering Brightwheel, ask the hiring manager about turnover at the level 2-4 positions. Those past employees can't speak publicly as BW follows the common-practice of exchanging 1 month severance for a gag-order. Additionally, BW is headed in the wrong direction on every financial measure of success (well before the economy turned south).

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

No place is perfect, but BW comes close!

Dec 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Brightwheel has been one of my favorite places I have ever worked! The people are kind and are aligned on cultural fit. My manager is supportive, gives constructive feedback and supports me in my goals. I enjoy working with each and every BWer! -unlimited PTO -room for growth and improving your career -flexible, WFH -tech symptoms that are in place work well -People team is always adding new benefits and small, nice surprises for employee morale -mission based, trust in BW success and ELT -upper management is always looking for ways to improve and are open-minded -options to meet colleagues in person

Cons

- no 401k match - health care plan options could be made more affordable -things move really fast and work is plenty! if you're not giving it your 110%, you will likely fail as the culture is for top performers -the only thing that is constant is change!

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

Good place to start with sales

Dec 13, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for growth and career paths

Cons

It is a startup so there are constant changes, especially in sales

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with growth opportunities

Nov 29, 2022 - Onboarding Coordinator in Wentzville, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, flexible time off, great opportunities for former teachers

Cons

The workload can be a bit overbearing at times

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

I love it here at brightwheel.

Nov 3, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company culture has absolutely been awesome. I cannot wait to advance my career with Brightwheel.

Cons

There are no cons at all.

11. 1.0
    Former Employee

If you’re white… sure. If you’re voice sounds… not that

Dec 5, 2022 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO. Not having to be in actual rooms with these people.

Cons

Micro aggressions disguised as coaching.

2 people found this review helpful

Brightwheel Response

We are deeply sorry that you had a negative experience working with us. We believe that everyone — from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve — should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We offer diversity and inclusion training to our managers and have assigned HR partners to provide ongoing coaching on topics like leading with inclusion and fairness. We acknowledge that there may be occasions where our efforts to create an inclusive space fall short, and we take these situations very seriously. We are committed to continuing to improve in this area, which includes supporting a growing number of employee affinity groups and providing ongoing coaching to managers and employees. We welcome additional feedback or ideas on how we can better support our teammates. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at jordann.mitchell@mybrightwheel.com, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 133 Reviews
</>Embed

Brightwheel Reviews FAQs

Brightwheel has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 136 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Brightwheel to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -12% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Brightwheel employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Brightwheel. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

75% of Brightwheel employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Brightwheel 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Brightwheel to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Brightwheel Job Seekers