Brilliant Earth Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2020

4.3
Brilliant Earth Co-founders Beth Gerstein and Eric Grossberg
Beth Gerstein and Eric Grossberg
Pros
  • "Brilliant Earth has been a great company to work for(in 33 reviews)

• "Staff is hard-working but enjoy the collaborative team environment(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "I would not recommend anyone to work at Brilliant Earth, even if the compensation and the diamonds look good from afar(in 10 reviews)

• "Some things seem to get lost in translation between store employees and upper management(in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Tremendous Opportunities & Amazing Team"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Brilliant Earth full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Brilliant Earth is at a great size - big enough to work on exciting, meaningful projects with the resources needed to put behind them but small enough that team members at every level can have a voice and work on really impactful projects. There is tremendous opportunity for growth and BE places a significant emphasis on providing new opportunities and promoting from within. I have always been very challenged and never bored! Every year (or even month) is full of new things to learn. The team is really amazing - super smart and motivated while also kind, positive, and supportive. It's also very motivating to work for a mission-minded company and among colleagues that share those values.

Cons

People are hardworking and excited to go above and beyond to see the impact of their work - it's not a clock in / clock out environment, which for me was a positive.

January 20, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

We are so lucky to have an amazing team of passionate, positive individuals who are eager to make an impact and grow. Thanks for being a part of this awesome culture! We look forward to continuing to partner with you to build a great team environment as we grow. We’re always here if you have any additional suggestions, feedback, or questions!

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Experience

I have been working at Brilliant Earth full-time

Pros

Amazing teams, managers and growth

Cons

Stressful at times, to be expected

July 7, 2020SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for leaving a review about your experience so far at Brilliant Earth! We are so glad to hear you’re enjoying working with your team and manager, and feel there is opportunity for growth. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the HR team for additional support. We look forward to celebrating all of your accomplishments at BE!

3. "Great experience so far!"

I have been working at Brilliant Earth full-time

Pros

Great experience so far! I’ve been with Brilliant Earth for just over a year and have really loved everything. Great team to work with and great products to sell. Very good employee benefits.

Cons

Not always the best communication from HQ to the retail locations. Some things seem to get lost in translation between store employees and upper management.

June 22, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

We are so glad you've enjoyed your first year at Brilliant Earth! We’d like to learn more about your feedback regarding internal communications. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner or your manager so we can gain more insight and work toward improving together!

4. "Great Job!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Brilliant Earth part-time

Pros

Really great work environment. Amazing products which makes them easy to sell and great employee perks. They sometimes even bring snacks for staff which was always a treat!

Cons

I left because they weren’t able to accommodate my schedule request to coincide with my studies.

June 22, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

It is great to hear you enjoyed the work environment here. Thank you for leaving feedback about your time on the BE team!

5. "Perks!"

I have been working at Brilliant Earth part-time

Pros

Amazing company perks and employee benefits! My store team is like my family, we’re super close and all love coming to work everyday.

Cons

Sale targets can sometimes be hard to achieve but usually management will help you get there, especially if they see you’re trying your best.

June 17, 2020HR Manager

We're so happy to hear that you are enjoying the team environment and perks! It is great you feel supported by your team leaders. We're also here to help you achieve your goals - don't hesitate to reach out to your team's HR Business Partner for additional support!

6. "Great work atmosphere!"

I have been working at Brilliant Earth full-time

Pros

Great team building exercises and overall positive work environment.

Cons

It’s a sale position, so it comes along with long hours. It’s to be expected. But managers tend to put full time associates schedule requests before part time employees. I’ve seen it happen to some of my colleagues.

June 17, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

It is wonderful to hear that you are enjoying the work environment and culture at BE! Everyone on our Customer Experience team has a permanent, set schedule, so this should help to minimize any scheduling conflicts, but we would love to understand more to find areas for continuous improvement. Our HR Business Partner for your team has office hours twice a week and is always available for a chat! We look forward to partnering together to continue fostering a great work environment!

7. "Loved Working Here"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Brilliant Earth full-time

Pros

Honestly, this company is great! The only reason I left was because I felt I had reached the max of my potential there but I would highly recommend it to anyone starting their sales career. Great team and very pleasant experience working there.

Cons

I left because I felt there wasn’t much more room to advance my career from my manager title.

June 17, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for sharing feedback from your experience here! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your time and would recommend joining our team. Please reach out to us at glassdoor@brilliantearth.com if you have additional feedback about your time at BE. Thanks again!

8. "Awesome Environment"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Brilliant Earth full-time

Pros

Provided a really good work environment for all staff!

Cons

It goes with the job but hours can be long.

June 17, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for leaving a review! We're so glad that you are enjoying the work environment. As a team manager, we'd love to partner with you and make sure you are able to maintain work life balance. Please stop by one of our bi-weekly HR Office Hours, or reach out to one of the HR team members directly. We're here to support!

9. "Best first job"

I have been working at Brilliant Earth full-time

Pros

What a warm welcome. This is my first real job and I’m so thankful for the flexible hours (weeknights & weekends) because I am still in school finishing my degree.

Cons

It’s a lot to take in, but if you’re motivated and a quick learner, you can totally do it.

June 17, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

It is great to hear you are enjoying your experience at Brilliant Earth and feel welcomed! We are so happy to have you on our team. If you have any additional insight to improve the training and onboarding process, we’d love to hear from you. You can reach out to the training team directly, or to your team's HR Business Partner. Thank you for leaving feedback!

10. "Constant support"

I have been working at Brilliant Earth full-time

Pros

Before starting out I was intimidated by the rest of the team and wondered if I would be able to fit into the fast paced work environment. After working there for a few months I am so pleased with the ongoing support and motivation I receive from both my colleagues and the management team!

Cons

Working overtime is sometimes needed.

June 8, 2020Talent Acquisition Manager

It is great to hear you felt welcomed during the onboarding process and are enjoying your position! We are so happy that you feel set up for success. If you have any feedback about your onboarding, we are always trying to improve. Don't hesitate to reach out to your manager or HR with any suggestions!

Found 135 reviews