Brilliant Transportation Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Chauffeur in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Chauffeur in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Brilliant Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Simple, You love Freedom? Come work with BEST "Brilliant Transportation " I been with Brilliant 2 years and I love it, heaving lot's of fun, team building, traveling and working with Best Client's from around the world . Did I mention that 40% of are Client are Celebrity's. Fantastic benefits , health insurance and 401 K. Simple you take care of Brilliant clients and they do the Same. Huge tips, cool people to work with . CEO my new Friend, Boss, is very Motivated, and he is building a Great Company. All employees are in Profit sharing.

Time is $$$$$

Chris Z.

Cons

If you like Challenge, Brilliant is for you.

Advice to Management

More chauffeur meeting's.

2. "Small Company thinking big"

I have been working at Brilliant Transportation full-time

Pros

It's a very easy job compare to what I've worked in the past. The office team is always staying positive even in rough moments. I have met many cool and interesting people since starting to work a year ago, from the ones we've seen on the public eye to the unknown but for me I treat everyone the same and that is being respectable and making them feel at ease when they're with me. But in reality this is how the company works.

Cons

It's not a 9 to 5 job Monday thru Friday kind of thing, if you don't have patience in being in a vehicle for hours then this is not the job for you.

Advice to Management

Need to have more meetings on subjects to make the company grow even more.

3. "Great Organization - Not Your Average NYC Transportation Company!"

Current Employee - Director of Operations in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Brilliant Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Brilliant Team is exactly that - Brilliant. The organization brings about a forward thinking approach that is like no other in the industry and welcomes each and every team member's ideas. This is by no means a workplace where management makes the "rules" and ends there. Everyone is heard, everyone makes a difference, and everyone makes a significant impact. It's refreshing and motivates you to be better professionally and personally. You have no doubt that the Management team cares about their employees overall development. I have been in the Transportation industry since the start of my career and have never seen better pay/benefit package for all employees. Chauffeurs, in my experience in this industry, are often underpaid, and the least recognized. Brilliant recognizes the fact that chauffeurs can single- handedly make or break the client's experience and we make sure our Professional chauffeurs are compensated accordingly. The Bar is set high for all employees. This is by no means a place to work for the procrastinators of the world, the slackers, if you do not have the drive to do better each and every time, or not willing to break old habits and think forward. Think Brilliant.

Cons

Work-Life Balance is sometimes challenging. You will not have a set schedule and the shop doesn't always close at 5pm! Brilliant is growing fast but still small, you need to be willing and able to wear many hats if necessary, be proactive, and a team-player. Not a "Con" for the right people.

Advice to Management

Set clear, definable, measurable goals rather than abstract.

4. "Great Company to Learn and Utilize New Skills"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Brilliant Transportation full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities to do almost anything your heart desires; Amazing culture that values collaboration, Good training and benefits; Huge focus on learning and development, wide variety of work assignments to develop skills; employees have a voice and can make a difference

Cons

You can work pretty long hours at times but it ends up being worth it because you learn a lot and it is pretty fun.

Advice to Management

Keep doing all of the positive things you're focused on.

5. "Chauffeur"

Pros

Nice fleet, high end clients only just as the owner

Cons

Good amount of hours only on the begging and then you will end up working maybe 2 or 3 days a week with no advancement.

Advice to Management

The owner and management don't knw how to keep good drivers

Aug 21, 2015 – president

Thanks for your feedback. We'd encourage all interested professional Chauffeurs to come interview and make your own decisions about Careers here at Brilliant. We offer the highest pay and benefits... More

6. ""Brilliant Analyst" aka Office Manager/Dispatcher/Sales"

I worked at Brilliant Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company seemed like an amazing opportunity at first. The interview made it seem like the job would be an amazing place to learn and grow. I did learn how to drive a large passenger vehicle. Everyone got to use Macs.

Cons

During my time there, the company was just starting its second location. The NY location was booming and it seemed like LA was the next best place to expand. Unfortunately, most of those who could afford to use the services in LA already had personal vehicles equipped with personal drivers so the market wasn't quite the right fit.

The owner of the company seemed great at first, however the smoke quickly cleared and reality set in. For as much as we worked, the pay was not comparable. We were on call 24/7 to dispatch jobs (NY and CA time) as well as take sales inquiries. There was not enough work for drivers in LA, so most had 2nd or 3rd jobs, making it hard to schedule work when we actually had any.

The owner was the definition of a micro manager. If you got up to go to the bathroom and didn't answer the phone, you will be reprimanded for not telling the other office that you had to use the restroom. When answering the phone, you would be immediately asked over IM who was calling, where they wanted to go, what pricing you were going to give them, etc. We had several "pep talks" about growing the business and "taking ownership", being encouraged to adjust prices and discount rates, however we were often chastised for not getting these discounts approved.

The LA office was opened without the much thought. The business was not operating legally, did not have the proper licenses and no one was filling out the necessary paperwork when driving.

There was no consideration for work/life balance, no insurance, no benefits. Also, we were expected to use own phone plans for dispatching jobs 24/7 and if we went over on our plans, there was no reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging. Have trust in your employees.

Aug 1, 2015 – president

We've been operating in CA for 5 years now so this review is quite out of date (although to be fair, launches can be bumpy especially when bringing new concepts to market, with recent college... More

7. "An Opportunity to GROW"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Brilliant Transportation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm young in my career, but from day one I recognized Brilliant was a unique opportunity. Leadership pushes you to grow intellectually, enhance your skills, and to own your craft.

No one just comes to work, answers a few calls, sends a few emails, and goes home. Each day everyone gets a little better at what they do and eventually, you look back and realize how far you've come.

Knowing the company delights the most influential people in the world is extremely rewarding and it's what this company is all about.

My experience at Brilliant has been fantastic, in all aspects.

Cons

To some, the work may too challenging and overwhelming. The team is still small and working 9-5 isn't typical, so if you're looking for a place to collect a paycheck - this isn't for you.

If you're driven for success/growth and willing to make sacrifices to do so, then this is for you.

8. "Simply Best"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Brilliant Transportation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unique aspect of working at Brilliant is we are given our own playground coupled with challenges. There isn't a specific rule book to do things literal way. That creates excitement and satisfaction at the end of the day.

Also, Team is top notch, quite skilled in their area, focused and helpful. Attending Monday team meetings is awesome. Those are less regarding organization and more on self development and long term view and refreshing.

Working under top leadership is one of the best experience I have had in my career. It allowed to fail but fail forward and learn from mistakes.

Cons

The team is very talented and approach is more analytical and data driven. So initially it may be challenging to get used to the tools, workflow and delivering excellence.

Advice to Management

I would say, More Monday Meetings !!

9. "You'll be sold a lie"

Pros

Honestly, I can't think of any pros when a company expects 55+ hrs a week of work and does not offer benefits.

Cons

No benefits - pay is not consistent. Chauffeurs with same credentials are paid different wages. Does not offer any training for staff. Top level management is only concerned with $$$

Jun 16, 2015 – president

Unfortunately, this is an attempt to mislead high-quality prospective employees away from Brilliant with 100% incorrect information.

We at Brilliant pride ourselves on offering industry leading... More

10. "Exciting opportunity with upward potential but management is mercurial and difficult to work with"

Pros

Well funded company, great product, good future growth potential, very tech oriented company and very forward looking.

Cons

Head of company, ownership, can be very difficult to work with although can be generous as well. At times employment treatment is very harsh, expectations are sky high, often perfectionist and unrealistic as well as too much micromanagement

Advice to Management

Top managers need to work on their people skills as well as stop micromanaging every last issue

Jun 16, 2015 – president

Thank you for your feedback.

You are correct insofar as we at Brilliant are driven by excellence and are always looking to improve. Feedback is an essential part of that self-improvement and... More