Brink's, Incorporated Reviews

3.2
Brink's, Incorporated President and CEO  Douglas A. Pertz
Douglas A. Pertz

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good people and supervisor...... Buenas personas y supervisores.(in 64 reviews)
  • "I have met some wonderful people here, pay was good.(in 60 reviews)
  • "Good benefits for full time employees(in 44 reviews)
  • "laid back and good coworkers(in 21 reviews)
  • "Good work environment to work at(in 14 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Brink's, Incorporated and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company

Feb 17, 2022 - Branch Manager in Rockford, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

No cons at this time

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Job, Terrible Company

May 6, 2022 - Vault Associate in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to learn, fast paced and challenging, really enjoyable work. Decent benefit options and hiring process.

Cons

Even the most hardworking, dedicated, and supporting employees are given anual raises that are less than 25cents. There is no upward mobility within the company unless you are best friends with the branch managers. They don't want hard workers to move up, because then they have to replace them. I worked at several locations and each was just as bad as the other. Organization of the company paperwork, keys, and processes are old school and need major updating. Management makes changes, but doesn't consult the people who actually do the job, so they make changes that are pointless and unhelpful. The equiptment is also often broken down. Fork lifts, rolling carts, trucks with broken drivers seats, etc. They penalize you for taking too long on your driving route, but also monitor your every move and punish you for every little thing. If the sensors within the truck think you braked a little too hard, or turned too fast, you get a "point" marked against you. While I was working there a driver was so over worked he was falling asleep at the wheel regularly. Management knew and let him keep driving for years. He fell asleep at the wheel on the freeway and rear ended someone at 70+ miles an hour. 100% their responsibility.

Employer Branding

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We note and appreciate your feedback.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cash Processor Under Different Management Styles

Mar 31, 2022 - Cash Logistics Processor in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved the work that we did, and the feeling of accomplishment that I had when I completed bigger projects. I also really enjoyed the leads that were around the cash room and it was really obvious that MOST of them were working their butts off and deserved so much more than what they were given.

Cons

The old cash manager was incapable of setting his foot down and would lie just to avoid conflict and didn't create any expectations with the company which caused confusion and unnecessary conflict when things would actually be implemented. However the new cash manager, while finally holding people accountable, always seemed to have higher expectations that able to offer. Never had a single good thing to say despite the entire team doing better than we had ever done before and constantly berated us for not being better which felt unfair as she wasn't able to offer tips or suggestions to better themselves. Additionally, a new rule that had been implemented where we couldn't leave until all of the work was done essentially forced you to sell your soul to the company without any way to make things better as we began losing people left and right and given no leeway or recognition for that.

Employer Branding

Thank you for your feedback. It is important to us to hear from all team members, past and present, to implement future change. Thank you, again, for your review.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

May 17, 2022 - Cash Processor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

A lot of overtime. My drive there was also long.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very good company

May 14, 2022 - Sales Opener in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can make a lot of money

Cons

You can also not make much money

6. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Just Dont

May 15, 2022 - Cash Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros at all.

Cons

You work extremely long hours and days before any time off. Anything that goes wrong is the branches fault. They give you a position with no training and ask why you did not fix an issue when you have no clue. The work is manageable but the managers and all upper leadership from the CEO to the branch managers need diversity, sensitivity, and common sense training. There's no work life balance AT ALL!!!

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A lean organization with opportunity for employee growth (if you look for it)

Mar 14, 2022 - Global & US Executive Support in Coppell, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Brink's are what makes this company shine. There is a level of global diversity here I have never experienced at any other organization I've worked in and it gives Brink's a stronger perspective on best business practices all around.

Cons

Management was missing the mark for internal growth within the company but have recently noticed active measures working to reduce this gap and be more open regarding promotional opportunities within. The reporting systems are in need of updating / better syncing capabilities but that should be expected for a 160+ year old company.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee

It's a job

May 17, 2022 - ATM Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, flexible schedule, good coworkers

Cons

Bad management, no accountability. Unsafe working conditions

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Needs major improvement

Feb 25, 2022 - Truck Driver in New London, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health insurance and pay is about it.

Cons

Not enough paid hoildays. Management and supervisors are very selfish and childish. No real training. They give you paper instructions to service an atm, instead of on hands training. No separate pto/sick time (yet, we are essential). When the state shuts down (do extreme weather you have to use your pto..) Only 10 hours of overtime. Late hours.

1 person found this review helpful

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Brink’s Electronic Payments

Apr 29, 2022 - Senior National Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quality company with a great history & brand. Continues to grow and adapt to current environment.

Cons

Customer service, Management, low salary & compensation

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,109 Reviews

Brink's, Incorporated Reviews FAQs

Brink's, Incorporated has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 1,435 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Brink's, Incorporated to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Brink's, Incorporated employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Brink's, Incorporated. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

54% of Brink's, Incorporated employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Brink's, Incorporated 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.0 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Brink's, Incorporated to be workplace, coworkers and the cons to be career development, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Brink's, Incorporated Job Seekers