Brinker Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brinker CEO & President Wyman Roberts
Wyman Roberts

Pros
  • Great place to work, great comraderie, great work life balance (in 17 reviews)

• Great culture, people are awesome (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance and quality of life is tough (in 7 reviews)

• Long hours, I was not paid what I thought I should receive (in 12 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The best company and culture I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Brinker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have loved my time here at Brinker! It has by far been the best organization to work for and I have been able to grow with the company. They focus on people first, culture and accountability, your wellbeing and that of our guests and communities, and flexibility with work/life balance. I genuinely enjoy coming into work everyday and the people I work with.

Cons

Not really a con. We are lean and mighty. Get ready to work hard, but you also get to play hard.

Brinker Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for the awesome review. This really made our day and we really appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us. We love to hear that you enjoy coming to work everyday and with ... More

2. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Brinker full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great standards and culture. A brand I believe in.

Cons

Hard to advance and can feel stagnant at times.

3. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Brinker full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good culture, good benefits, competitive salary

Cons

Frequent layoffs with no warning

Advice to Management

Lead the company, and do not make your employees pay for your decisions.

5. "Brinker feedback"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Brinker full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company. very in tune with work, life balance

Cons

to many moving parts for the restaurants to stay focused. guest suffer from that

Advice to Management

be ready to work a lot

6. "Chili's"

I have been working at Brinker full-time

Pros

I enjoy some of the people I work with. A lot of them tend to be positive regardless of how bad their day is. I have worked with some amazing managers.

Cons

Your experience at Chili's will depend on your managers and how they are. I happen to have a general manager who likes to talk down to everyone. Mutual respect goes a long way.
    They are very slow in giving raises. They can't just own up and say no, but have to constantly give excuses.

7. "Great Environment"

Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I worked at Brinker (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to work, great comraderie, great work life balance.

Cons

Bit of a popularity contest at times. It can be more important to be liked than talented. Pressure is high right now as both Brinker and casual dining are struggling.

Advice to Management

Develop cravable food.

8. "Beware of working here"

Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Restaurant General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Brinker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay well, but as we all know pay is not everything.

Cons

The company missed sales targets greatly last year resulting in onuses not being paid out and stock prices dropping. They set a sales target this year of only a 1% increase to try to make up for failing the previous year, they are still not able to make those sales targets. Because the company is performing so poorly they just laid-off both Restaurant/Field Managers and corporate employees to make their numbers look better. A large number of Restaurant Managers quit Chili's in less than 30 days for starting due to poor work life balance and being unhappy with the role and management.
    The company is still not making sales, you can assume more layoffs are in their future.
    They pay high salaries t try to make up for what they lack, but again a high percentage of newly hired restaurant managers are leaving in 30 days once they realize what it is really like to work for Brinker/Chili's. This is definitely a "buyer-be-ware" situation.
    Current and long standing managers are also leaving because of the low sales and instability of the companies future.
    Their Benefits are very expensive.
    They will tell you about their culture but they do not live them, its just words to attract candidates.

9. "Titanic"

Former Employee - At the RSC in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - At the RSC in Dallas, TX

I worked at Brinker full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on your boss and peers you were golden or not, very clicky crowd. New ideas were given lip service, but implementing (even the simple things) took forever. That's if they even made it to "the list" of things to do.

Cons

People at the support center don't have enough support to support the operators in a timely manner. The culture has dramatically changed to a profit-driven focus instead of a people first culture. Firings and "reorganizations" happen a lot to cut costs. BIG sense of insecurity for everyone. Management will lie to you and say you are fine, not to worry about your job, etc. Next thing you see, you're not there or needed.

Advice to Management

Please Stop saying "Once a chilihead always a chilihead." It's not true. With all the people that have been fired, laid off, and treated poorly while working for you....those connections (family, friends, friends of friends) are deciding not to support the Brinker Brands...that is your legacy. Many people that you can not turn around and back into your restaurants because of their experiences working for you. People talk.

Brinker Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your review; we hear you and truly appreciate your feedback. We operate in a highly competitive environment and are continually evaluating the business model ... More

10. "Restaurant Support Center"

Pros

Great culture, great work-life balance.

Cons

Brinker is a lean company

"Area Director"

I have been working at Brinker full-time

Pros

Decent benefits and compensation. The people you get to work with are fantastic. Work life balance is good.

Cons

You will be a number to them. When they decide to put the pressure on for a company initiative they will put heavy pressure and it won't matter what your results are.

Advice to Management

Enjoy the compensation and benefits but keep an eye out for volatility. The people were fantastic but the upper management does not care.