Brinker Reviews | Glassdoor

Brinker Reviews

Updated October 14, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great culture, great work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Great culture and atmosphere, professional and caring colleagues (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, stress pressure and treatment of senior management (in 16 reviews)

• Work life balance and quality of life is tough (in 7 reviews)

1. "Help Desk"

Former Employee - Training Coordinator/Tier II Restaurant Support Specialist in Tampa, FL

I worked at Brinker (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere and culture.
    Management works with you on any issues you may have outside of work.
    Opportunities to advance.

Cons

Management does not work with you on your career advancement. They ENCOURAGE it, but they will not proactively suggest paths you might take or courses you might enroll in or certifications you might seek. Everything is up to you, and if you are not persistent or favored, management will not try to grow you.
    Poor communication between departments--great deal of siloing and resentment between teams.
    Help Desk was not staffed with the best people management could find--my team saw a lot of turnover among contractors, and a lot of gaps in work due to lack of concern from temp-to-hires. This led to low morale and bickering on the desk.

Advice to Management

Listen to your team members and show interest in their development.

Brinker Response

Feb 9, 2017 – Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us this feedback. We are really sorry you had some not so great experiences with us. Your wellbeing and team member engagement are a priority to us and we... More

2. "Quality of Life Balance"

Pros

I was always given an opportunity to learn more and further develop myself.

Cons

There is little life/work balance when you are a manager. The job never stops and that is after you have put in your 50 + hours per week.

Advice to Management

Be a leader in the casual dining sector and make a 40 hour work week for your managers. Make mandatory manager meetings and other commitments part of that forty hours. This is the only way you will create the best job in the industry for restaurant managers.

3. "GREAT COMPANY!"

I have been working at Brinker full-time

Pros

Very focused on employee well-being in and out of work. Very team oriented. Very flexible when it comes to giving some open options in your schedule.

Cons

Not all the 3rd party vendors are as professional as they are nor are they as concerned with our well-being as the company is. Their health insurance vendor for example is an organizational WRECK!

Advice to Management

Be consistent, stop playing personal favorites over professional logic and get on the same page!!!

4. "All in all, a good experience"

Pros

People, positive culture, creating a climate of growth and opportunity, value diversity, building a culture of pride. Relationships are valued.

Cons

Quality of life, challenges in the business environment lead to hard choices, place more emphasis on diversity of thought. Tough place in casual dining - working on being relevant

Advice to Management

Focus on relevance

5. "Keeping it Real"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Brinker full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very structured and strong foundation. As first level management, it is a great casual dinning company to work for comparing to other brands.

Cons

It could interfere with home life if he or she doesn't know when to shut off.

6. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Server in Rowlett, TX
    Former Employee - Server in Rowlett, TX

Pros

Flexible hours and good training

Cons

Rowlett store GM was very difficult to work for

"Nice place!"

Current Employee - Food Server in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Food Server in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Brinker part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome co-workers, decent pay for a part time job, flexible hours for college students, good first time serving job, benefits offered

Cons

I have worked for bringer for many years, we have gone through quite a few managers. Some were awesome and some were awful at micro managing. Unfortunately because they are in such a need for managers they can't let go of the bad apples. Same goes for line cooks. There is sometimes unreasonable expectations from the upper management because they don't really know what goes on in the restaurants and there is also unreasonable side work at times. You shouldn't spend two hours doing side work!

Advice to Management

Ask restaurants what is working and what isn't. Have an anonymous "suggestion box" online for employees to put in feedback.

"Great Plan"

Former Employee - Kitchen Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Kitchen Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Brinker full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quality of life is great as long as the prevailing plan is executed properly, ability to drive and manage own area of restaurant without micromanaging. Great people and great guest.

Cons

Although cultural beliefs are the guiding light they are watered down by the companies profit goals that in my humble opinion negative impact the human experience. Guest, TM, and management. This company is rated highly as a best place to work but am sure its 1300 locations impact that score in their favor. The expectation for high volume restaurants is more difficult because they carry profitability.

Advice to Management

Managers and team members also deserve a great experience.

9. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brinker full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, constantly striving to improve, and solid foundation. Lots of great people working toward common goals and setting the bar high.

Cons

It is a big company that is often behind the times with technology and practices. Isn't always on the cutting edge of innovation.

Advice to Management

Be the industry leader that you are poised to be by understanding that you can't pick and choose some and not all areas to excel. You can't be the most innovative company without investing in the tools and technology needed to do so.

10. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Brinker full-time

Pros

Excellent culture and pay

Cons

too tight with controllable budgets I.e. labor

Advice to Management

If you are considering working for Brinker, be prepared to work hard, very hard