British Council "working environment" Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 603 reviews

3.4
British Council CEO Ciarán Devane
Ciarán Devane
  1. "Good working environment though the bonus may not be as good because it is a non profit organization"

Former Employee - Library Assistant in Kuala Lumpur

I worked at British Council full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I personally experience a good working environment when I was working as a library assistant. The close working relationship with my colleague encourage better teamwork. The management offer education sponsorship during my tenure and I truly appreciate it. These motivate me to work better.

Cons

Bonus may not be as good because it is a non profit organization. There may be cost cutting due to lack of fund and if there is an economy downturn.

British Council2012-08-17
  2. "working at british council is an experience that i would cherish all my life."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Khobar

I have been working at British Council

Pros

The reason why i would like to work at british council is the working environment & the flexibility in nature of the job.

Cons

well I do not really see any downsides of working at British council apart from the fact it provides employment opportunities only during boards exam time.

Advice to Management

Management is doing extremely well and I would take this opportunity to congratulate them & praise them for there hard work.

British Council2012-05-01