British Gas Heating Sales Advisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Heating Sales Advisor

British Gas Heating Sales Advisor Reviews

Updated Jan 12, 2020

2.8
British Gas Chief Executive, Centrica Consumer Sarwjit Sambhi (no image)
Sarwjit Sambhi
1 Rating
  1. "Going through significant changes"

Current Employee - Heating Sales Advisor in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at British Gas full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Staff are ver loyal and in the main are pretty good at what they do the employees put the customer first

Cons

A number of the changes have eroded the customer experience with more negative feedback than previously.

Advice to Management

Listen to your customers and employees. don't let the accountants drive the quality of the business down, its what keeps our customers coming back.

British Gas2020-01-12
  2. "Good form to work for"

Current Employee - Heating Sales Advisor

I have been working at British Gas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company to work for. If you perform well you will get paid well.

Cons

Have to work every other Saturday and long hours

British Gas2019-11-19
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Very distressing and nervous environment"

I have been working at British Gas full-time for more than a year

Pros

I fail to see any as salary is not a pro as such

Cons

Management really disoriented, management level is either lying day to day or just do not have any idea what’s going on. Constant cutbacks have resulted with poor working conditions where even essential working equipment is unavailable despite ordered months ago. Targets on KPIs constantly raised and not reflecting the current market situation in any way. Price hikes implemented without informing the frontline sales people, so you will find out all changes as surprise while facing the customer. Management is constantly putting more responsibility on frontline low paid staff and expect them to cover all business losses and bad decisions leading to poor financial results. At the same time of course CEO takes undeserved million pound bonuses. That’s not good work unless being master to slaves counts as one.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the people with more than caring colourful slogans. We have bills to pay.

British Gas2019-11-07

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Heating Sales Advisor in Aldershot, England

I worked at British Gas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent salary with bonus, company car.

Cons

Poor technology for HSA's and don't care about customers.

Advice to Management

Get a grip and look after staff

British Gas2019-10-02
  6. "Heating Sales Advisor"

Current Employee - Heating Sales Advisor in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at British Gas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Well known brand, multiple career opportunities, good salary

Cons

Regular redundancies, constant changes in process

British Gas2019-07-09
  7. "Heating Sales Advisor"

Current Contractor - Heating Sales Advisor in London, England

I have been working at British Gas for more than 5 years

Pros

Company Car, Huge name brand, great employees and decent quarterly bonus structure.

Cons

Difficult commission scheme, biased lead generation, unrealistic targets in specific areas, poor technical training, no work-life balance and poor relationships with the installation team.

Advice to Management

Your advisors put in lots more hours than they are paid for. Travel times are unrealistic, which should reduce number of customers we have to see. Commission scheme is unfair for people working in areas where the conversion is not historically great.

British Gas2018-07-18

"Heating Sales Advisor"

Former Employee - Heating Sales Advisor in London, England

I worked at British Gas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Car , colleagues, trusted brand etc.

Cons

NPS scheme is a joke where your manager is in control of any bonuses you should receive and managers don’t want to be outspoken to their managers etc so they don’t fight for you. Some managers are so arrogant and need bringing down a peg or 2. Who would want to travel an hour to a 5-30 pm appointment having been on the road since 8am ?? No work life balance whatsoever

Advice to Management

Encourage and back your sales team . It’s very tough selling premium products with targets quite high. Half the sales force are demotivated after 2 weeks once they can’t hit target. Managers not challenging their superiors and having the teams back. Look at share prices. Top management out of their depth.

British Gas2018-04-01

"Central heating sales"

Heating Sales Advisor in Southampton, England

I worked at British Gas for less than a year

Pros

Company car, nice colleagues, fully paid for training and accommodation. Great facilities, nice customers, all expenses paid for

Cons

2nd month I was in the top section of employees in the country and was heading for an outstanding commission. Only my diary was down planned when this was apparent to my managment he also was uncontactable by phone rude. No inter personal skills. When asked questions he would simply avoid them. Completely demotivationg. Top sales person for hive in my region and completely demotivated by Christmas. The Christmas meal was borderline racist with an Asian guy asked to reapeat certain phrases in accent for others amusement.

Advice to Management

Bring on newer talent, listen to someone who has 18 years experience in the industry. Find out problems and root out the old wood.

British Gas2017-02-20

"working all hours for no support or help"

I have been working at British Gas full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None really. Having conversations with many colleagues, they would all gladly leave if alternative jobs were available

Cons

No work life balance, management keep on decreasing wages. They could not do what they expect their front line staff to do

Advice to Management

Top level management, stop surrounding yourself with yes men. Middle managers are bullies who just say if your ot happy just leave. Absolutely no support, and a totally unhelpful GMB Union.

British Gas2015-05-10

"Heating sales advisor"

I have been working at British Gas part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

some decent managers although many poor and unfit for the role. Intentions are getting better with new Managing Director

Cons

bullying culture where the HSA role is seen as the ones to pick on, poor technical support, and improper and immoral payment structures. The senior management keep on changing targets and expectations, quarterly, and if they gt it wrong, which is often the case, they sabotage the next pay period to claw back from goid people and their earnings. The threat is lways thst we should be happy we have got a job. Is that bullying or what?

Advice to Management

Good Managers allow their staff to work to their strengths. Stop passing blame and accept your failings and get it sorted

British Gas2013-07-25