Britvic Soft Drinks Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Simon Litherland

Pros
  • Really great brands, good working environment and really great people (in 4 reviews)

• A great portfolio of brands backed up by a workforce of great people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Human resources tend to overpromise and undeliver when it comes to career progression instead preferring to hire externally (in 2 reviews)

"Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Britvic Soft Drinks full-time

Pros

Strong company core values and a clear vision on where they want to go. Britvic has competitive wages, great insurance plan and fantastic work/life balance.

Cons

I'd have to stretch to find many cons about Britvic. The company does a great job of rewarding the employees that go above and beyond.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Continue to stay ahead of the curve to keep our competition on their feet.

2. "Ok"

I worked at Britvic Soft Drinks full-time

Pros

Committed to the brands and meeting the needs of customers. Nice offices

Cons

Very male dominated and manufacturing behaviours, alpha male dominance. Financially a bit questionable, always cutting to hit quarterly EBIT targets

3. "Fantastic organisation in the USA"

Pros

Britvic North America is a great place to work. People are empowered, motivated and see the bigger impact their everyday actions have. The business has a strong relationship with Pepsico which works well for the distribution scale of Britvic brands in the USA. Team culture is very strong and very close to the extent that the only people that have departed this organisation are those that the business has chosen to exit NOT people leaving of their own free will. We are all proud of this retention rate. I cannot speak highly enough of this business here in the states which compares very well to other organisations i have worked in.

Cons

The implementation of European 'Group' policies doesnt always work effectively for a small team in a large distant country but a lot of work has been ongoing here to make this better and its starting to turn.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus and investment levels moving forward, we are making great inroads into the kids beverage market with Fruit Shoot which is already #2 kids single serve product in the market.

5. "Britvic North America-Helmel Hempstead-USA Market"

Current Employee - Franchise Director for Southern Regions in Daphne, AL
    Current Employee - Franchise Director for Southern Regions in Daphne, AL

I have been working at Britvic Soft Drinks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for with great benefis! With the continued growth in the US market, Personal/Profesional growtth opportunities are available for all employees that are committed and willing to apply yourself.

Cons

I would say that the only con working with Britvic is that sometimes you have heavy travel time but as long as you manage correctly you can maintain a work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide communications of current and future US market strategies. Also would suggest that management continue to hava open and candid conversations/feedback sessions in order to drive positive change.

6. "Objective Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Britvic Soft Drinks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall Britvic (North American Business Unit) has been a good place to work. There is flexibility with the work schedule (i.e. need to go to the doctor, no need to worry if you'll be able to get the hour away approved), and management is supportive of the people within the organization in all areas.
    Individual creativity and action is encouraged- you own your business at Britvic.
    Britvic has oriented the business in an upward direction with defined goals. Britvic has in place an experienced leadership team guiding the North American business.

Cons

Contrary to some of the other reviews, Britvic is not aimlessly wandering around mistreating employees. However, Britivc has at times struggled with the aspects of global business as it pertains to the U.S. The new /re-structured leadership team is making changes to advance the business in line with the U.S. market needs.
    As a smaller business (within the U.S. at least), Britvic has small business challenges, primarily:
    -Limited career opportunties (as the U.S. business grows this will change positively)
    -Higher than average workload (again, as the business grows more employees can be hired)
    -Multi-function responsibility that is normally not associated with a similar role elsewhere (we often seek cross-functional training as part of career development; I personally do not necessarily see hands-on experience as a negative)

Advice to Management

My advice would be:

-Stay the course. The focus is where it needs to be, continue to develop plans for continued growth and success.
    -Continue to recognize employees for success. Adding more formality to the process would make the recognition that much better.
    -Don't close off communication. As many companies grow, top-down communication becomes limited and employees further down feel uninformed. Britvic communication has been and continues to be open, and keeping it that way will ensure we all work better together.

"Don't Be Fooled"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

I have been working at Britvic Soft Drinks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The reason 3 good reviews were posted about Britvic USA on August 24th is because HR asked employees to write them. The review that said "no one ever left on their own" is a lie. The fact that HR would ask 30 employees to write positive reviews and only 3 did, tells the true story. It appears that 2 of the 3 reviews were written by management. Shame on HR for trying to hide the problem instead of addressing it. I'm actively looking for a new job because the U.S. business is in free fall.

Cons

Too many to list. Inappropriate and unethical behavior is tolerated at all levels even in front of HR.

Advice to Management

There's nothing anyone could say to this leadership team that would make a difference.

"Very unprofessional."

I worked at Britvic Soft Drinks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None I can think of. They maybe something special in Europe, but they have nothing to offer in the States. I'm sure they will be packing their bags and beverages and going home soon.

Cons

Never in my 30 years of work experience have I seen such an unprofessional company. Stay away. Do not waste your time. If they offer you a job in the USA, don't just walk away....RUN!

Advice to Management

Stay across the pond. America does not need slime like you. Pepsi should be ashamed to distribute your swill. I'm truly sorry for anyone in the U.S. that has accepted a job with you. I'm sure they will not be there very long.

"Worst Leadership Ever"

I worked at Britvic Soft Drinks full-time

Pros

The flexible work schedule is great. There are really hard working people within the organization.

Cons

The leadership at the company, is steering the Titanic. They do not have a clue as to how to run an organization. The employees are underpaid, and over worked. They lack a solid sales and marketing plan. The so called leaders function as if they are throwing spaghetti on the wall, and seeing what will stick. Management behaves in an unprofessional manner. No room for career growth. The leadership will sell you on a pipe dream.

Advice to Management

Be more professional - stop discussing employees with their peers. Hire people that know what they are doing (i.e. hire a real Marketing Director, Regional Sales Directors, and a Vice President). Put systems in place that work. Create a business/marketing plan that supports long term growth. The Sales Directors should not tell the VP how to run the business (this shows that the VP doesn't know what he/she is doing).

10. "Excellent Company to work for"

Former Employee - Personal Assistant in Luton, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Personal Assistant in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at Britvic Soft Drinks (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lovely people to work with

Cons

Fast pace environment - busy busy

11. "VMI Analyst"

Former Employee - VMI in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - VMI in London, England (UK)

I worked at Britvic Soft Drinks (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for
    Teamwork is encouraged
    Support is there if you need
    Great Benefits
    10% bonus

Cons

Sometimes IT resources can be a bit scarce
    Opportunities can be limited depending on the size of your team