Brivo Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Steve Van Till

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Love the work life balance offered by Brivo and the open door policy (in 4 reviews)

• Everyone at Brivo is trustworthy, honest hard working and sincerely believes in the product (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of benefits - no 401K or bonuses (in 3 reviews)

• Unethical - Beware of the 5 star reviews on Glassdoor (in 2 reviews)

1. "Open Office, Open Minds"

I have been working at Brivo full-time

Pros

Open office: Having never worked in an open space before I was a little apprehensive but this is probably one of my favorite things about coming to work. No matter how much I may get frustrated, its a guarantee that at some point of the day, a coworker will walk by and smile and it will make my day better.

The People: Having worked in a few departments since starting I do have to say the team spirit is strong in this one. Most employees are very friendly and accepting of others. There have been very few occasions where I felt un-welcomed and it was due the presence of one of two people. I can tell anyone that I work with some of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of being in a workplace with.

Pay/Benefits: Our pay and benefits are great when you take into consideration the median pay rates for the same position in the area and the benefits we are provided. As others have stated if you do not try take advantage of the controls in place its great.

Cons

There are a few employees that under perform and this can be extremely frustrating to other employees that give it 100% everyday.

Training needs to be consistently the same for all new employees and new employees need to be provided more time to acclimate to the company. Additionally more detailed training materials need to be provided to new employees. Set new employees up to succeed and be knowledgeable of the Brivo Brand and Product and not "learn it as you go", the leads to quicker burn outs and frustration.

Some departments seem to be left out of company events, this leaves those employees feeling like they are not a part of Brivo. Include everyone.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of good things with management, most members are management are approachable and very open and fair but there needs to be action against employees that performing at a sub par level. Its extremely demoralizing to think a coworker who does not perform as well as you do is getting paid equally/more than you.

2. "No real compaints"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Brivo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My department is extremely supportive and very positive. They are accommodating and always look to moving forward.

Cons

No real complaints. I haven't been here long enough to be the complainer.

3. "Keeping it Real"

I have been working at Brivo full-time

Pros

Brivo continues to be the dominant player in the Cloud-based security arena. Because the technology, industry, and end-user community is changing daily, so do our priorities. If you can change directions quickly, Brivo is a fantastic place to work.

Cons

Some employees impose self-inflicted barriers, and some employees take for granted what the Industry is all about. More self-learning through webinars, readings, and customer visits would go a long way for a lot of employees.

Advice to Management

Continue being the "North Star". You are the light that focuses the company.

"Welcoming culture, modern environment"

I have been working at Brivo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employees are friendly, the atmosphere is positive, everyone is hard working, and protective of the company and its future. Management is truly dedicated to making and keeping employees happy, and open to suggestions. There are free, healthy snacks in the spacious kitchen all day, and a break room you are actually encouraged to use!

Cons

Not much to put here! If you don't do your job, or you abuse the unlimited PTO, you won't be here long!

"Work Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Support Representative in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Brivo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Environment
    They Understand that life Happens and allow for time off
    Drama free
    Career starter

Cons

If you are used to having someone over your shoulder, then the transition to doing your own thing will be difficult, but its for the better in the long run or course.

Advice to Management

The Sales Support Manager and Supervisor are both great and will work with you. They have patience and understanding. Upper Management seems to have a good grasp of what makes people happy.

6. "Best place I have worked"

I have been working at Brivo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- CEO's vision -- cloud leadership
    - Good culture -- people care about what they do
    - Management listens
    - Work from home
    - Unlimited PTO

Cons

- More parking, please!
    - Watch for under-performers -- we don't need them
    - Need more quiet sapces

Advice to Management

Stay focused on what we are good at, keep the startup culture alive, keep the bar high for new hires.

7. "Know what you are hiring for in advance"

Current Employee - Scrum Master in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Scrum Master in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Brivo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- CEO's vision
    - Free food
    - Technology exposure

Cons

- Location (too difficult to find parking near by)
    - Lot of office politics. Lack of collaboration. - - Literally, few employees make calls due to their tenure or relationships.
    - Benefits and bonus
    - Slacking culture

Advice to Management

Trust your new employees and give them ownership. Be prepared to know in advance how you want to use your experienced hire.

"FAKE REVIEWS POSTED BY HR - Don't buy it, this place is a nightmare"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Brivo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A paycheck...that is literally it.

Cons

Too many to list: dictatorship management, horrible culture, zero morale, I have seen them hire people or promote people JUST TO FIRE THEM the following day. No rhyme or reason as to what the strategy or direction of this company is.

Advice to Management

Leave.

Brivo Response

Aug 9, 2017 – Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at Brivo. On a factual basis, however, we are certain that there have been no instances where someone was "hired or... More

9. "Not sure where all the BAD is coming from?"

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Brivo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working on some cool stuff, fun group, not a ton of manager overhead. no vacation counting

Cons

A few work crunches that take some extra hours

10. "Love the culture and dedication"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Brivo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company still has the energy of a startup plus the stability of a company that has been in business for 15 years. I have seen many people get two and three promotions within a few years and end up with jobs they never dreamed they would have. Overall, retention is great with many people in the 5-10+ year category. Health care coverage was bumped up again this year, and we have unlimited PTO, plus a great office.

Cons

No company is a fit for everyone, so I guess that explains some of the other reviews on this site. I honestly can't figure out who they are because I don't know anyone at Brivo who has had the experiences they are describing.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people. Be selective and make sure everyone will contribute to the energy and culture. "It only takes one bad apple..."