Broadmoor Hotel Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jack Damioli

Pros
  • Many different departments to transfer if you want to try something new (in 3 reviews)

• Opportunities to take extra hours (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • You may often work long hours for minimum wage in these entry positions (in 6 reviews)

• Loss Prevention is just overglorified lost & found and doing the jobs that no other department wants to do (in 5 reviews)

1. "if you like the hotel industry, you'll like this place."

Current Employee - Banquet Server in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Broadmoor Hotel part-time (More than a year)

Pros

management is good in certain departments, hours are always available in busy times, can be an overall fun place to work.

Cons

hours plummet in the winter, general disorganization in some departments,

2. "LOSS PREVENTION -- Do Not Apply"

Former Employee - Loss Prevention Officer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention Officer in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Broadmoor Hotel (More than a year)

Pros

-You gain plenty of useful skills within the first month.
    -Most of the direct supervisors are great and work well with everyone.
    -There is a good team dynamic that you don't see often.
    -Most non-management Broadmoor employees are good people.

Cons

-Loss prevention is run by an antiquated old man and the wife of his best friend. They do not respect anyone unless you really suck up to them. They treat Loss Prevention like the North Korean military.
    -Loss Prevention is just overglorified lost & found and doing the jobs that no other department wants to do.
    -Sorely understaffed, but the turnover rate is so high due to the management it will always be understaffed.
    -The hotel itself isn't worth it. Before my employment, I thought this place deserved it's five stars, but in reality behind the scenes is revealing. The food is literally overpriced for what it is, everything is in disrepair, and the hotel does profile guests and non-guests.
    -Most guests are jerks who throw literal tantrums when not waited on hand and foot.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees and restructure your out of date employment standards. We don't need a "safe space," just being treated like human beings. And stop stealing your hotel standards from "How to Win Friends and Influence People."

3. "This was a terrible place to work"

Former Employee - SPA Reservations in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - SPA Reservations in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Broadmoor Hotel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its pretty and some of the people are nice

Cons

Management overlooks you.
    I constantly felt discriminated against for being pregnant

Advice to Management

Maybe you should care about your employees more. The only people who don't hate working there are the ones working in Management or are getting paid more than 11.00 an hour

"Beautiful and Awful"

Current Employee - House Attendant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - House Attendant in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Broadmoor Hotel full-time

Pros

The employees and the scenery are the best part of the job. We get various discounts around town just for being employees (25 cents to get into the zoo). They are always hiring and it's relatively easy to get a job. Direct managers and supervisors tend to genuinely care about making sure their employees are okay, but seem to get blockaded by the politics.

Cons

Long hours, low pay, difficult to advance, often 7-10 days working in a row without a day off, upper management is cold and have a "if you don't do it, we'll just replace you" attitude, and terrible uniforms.

The service areas are a joke and usually dangerous.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more. We had Christmas lights up until the end of may, but it was like pulling teeth to finally get a raise. Even when we got our raise, you messed that up and I had to go to payroll to fix it. Employees here feel like slaves. We work our butts off to ensure the Broadmoor keeps it's 5 star, 5 diamond rating and feel completely unappreciated.

6. "Turndown Attendant"

Current Employee - Turndown Attendant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Turndown Attendant in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Broadmoor Hotel part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Immediate supervisors in housekeeping are wonderful. Job is pretty simple. Short shifts. Opportunities to take extra hours.

Cons

Upper management is cold and unnecessarily strict about silly things. Guests don't really tip, and if they do it isn't much. Hours are terrible, on a slow week I could be getting as few as 8 hours a week. Mostly working with teenagers, some of whom are fantastic, and others.. less so.

Advice to Management

Chill out. The guests are not going to be scandalized by seeing workers in a common area.

7. "Modern slavery."

Current Employee - Convention Services in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Convention Services in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Broadmoor Hotel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great scenery. Get to see things that most people don't get too see in their lifetime. You get to work with cool people.

Cons

Tons of rules. Management does not care about employees. Pay is not reflective of what is asked of their employees. Long hours. Bend over backwards to please guests with no regard for employees. Employees are treated as second class citizens. An employee who has been there forever was injured. When the others called security their response was "Is it a guest or an employee?" It took them twenty minutes to arrive. Security also made the ambulance go to the back of the building to take him out on a stretcher because it would look bad.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your employees and not your bottom line. Happy employees equals more productivity and more of a willingness to stay late and bend over backwards for guests.

"Housekeeping"

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Broadmoor Hotel (Less than a year)

Pros

You meet "some" cool coworkers...

Cons

Your schedule is put out on a week to week basis you never get a weekend off EVER! You basically have no life and get treated like a slave stay late all the time sometimes till 7 and managers will leave you they just grab your keys n paper n make u finish by yourself.be prepared to work 12 days straight and then only one day off this is completely normal there since 12 days is the maximum days by law without a day off they will push you to the MAX.they will give u 16 rooms 12 checkouts and act like you will be ok to finish and if you get an assistant you'll get 20 plus rooms they thinks it's ok since u have a helper your body will hurt so bad from running threw the rooms so you can finish on time be prepared to have to take pain killers to get you threw the day everyone is so unhappy and exhausted we complain every day you get your tips stolen all the time from the bellman and mini bar and even the managers,n the Jamaican people that come every year are so damn rude! You just want to punch them in the face all the damn time!you will see so many new employees that won't even last threw training n quit becuz it's so physically and emotionally draining that's pretty much sums up the housekeeping department.good luck

Advice to Management

Fire them all except chantel everyone else needs to go! Quit treating the housekeepers like crap especially on snow storms when everyone's snowed in stop calling security to pick them up at there house that's just ridiculous.quit asking personal business as to y an employee can't make it to work n say why can't u make it can't you have someone give you a ride or how long does it take you to get to work can't you get a babysitter ask this person or that person ...

9. "Great company"

Former Employee - Hostess in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Hostess in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Broadmoor Hotel (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice hotel to work for, good and very supportive management, good trainings, fast possibility to grow

Cons

Salaries could be a bit higher

"I enjoyed my time there."

I worked at Broadmoor Hotel full-time

Pros

friendly people, knowledgeable management, wonderful ceo, excellent training, good benefits, good pay comparable to other similar jobs in the area, ability to transfer departments, employee uniforms dry cleaned for free, good food at a reasonable price in the employee cafeteria, employee discounts at the restaurants & stores & other businesses in the area, gorgeous grounds & surrounding area

Cons

the one assistant housekeeping manager no one liked, discount at the restaurants could've been a little more, working longer hours during holidays & other peak seasons, & having to be 100% accurate in the rooms Then, the last two are expected, working at a 5 diamond, 5 star resort.

Advice to Management

If there's that one manager that everyone always complains about, it's probably best to do something about them.

"BROADMOOR SUCKS"

Current Employee - Banquet in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Banquet in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Broadmoor Hotel (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, horrible discounts at the restaurant. If you dont want to not have a life, and make very little doing it, its perfect for you

Cons

worst place i ever worked, they break the laws, payoff the inspectors, and the food they serve to the employees is awful i got food poisoning 3 times. worst pay in town, they care about 2 things there guest and money thats it

Advice to Management

Resign