Broadridge Reviews

Updated May 9, 2021

3.7
Broadridge President and COO Tim Gokey
Tim Gokey
Pros
  • "having a good work-life balance - this is invaluable in today's world(in 194 reviews)

• "Friendly work environment and flexible working hours(in 69 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work culture and work life balance is good(in 77 reviews)

• "Lack of diversity in senior management(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Broadridge and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Amazing place to work

Jun 10, 2020 - Client Service Representative in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Its rare to see a large corporate company care about each individual employee. This is one of the most accepting a culturally diverse companies I have worked for.

Cons

Broadridege acquires a lot of companies and the transition can be a little rough. Rest assured it will get smoother as time goes on. They dont understand that production needs more powerful equipment and they have a tendency to only listen to managment.

4 people found this review helpful

Talent Attraction Specialist

Thank you for the 5 star review! We're thrilled to hear that you're having a positive experience working at our diverse organization! We appreciate you sharing your experience regarding our acquisitions. We also want to encourage you to speak to your manager and/or HR Business Partner to discuss your concerns in the future. We strive to improve our workplace everyday so we can provide a positive experience and work environment for all associates. Hope you're feeling well and staying safe!

2. 5.0

Great company

Apr 6, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Lots of communication that comes down from the top. Fun employee activities even though we're remote.

Cons

Can't think of any, I have a great team.

Knowledge and Talent Experience Specialist

Wow - thank you for leaving Broadridge a 5 star review! It's important to us that our associates feel included and connected even though most are working remote. Please feel free to share your feedback on the Connected Workplace page on MyBroadridge as well!

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Some great leaders within the company that you can learn from

May 9, 2021 - Business Analyst in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

- There are some industry leaders at this company who you can learn from - Technical product so will learn deeply about finance back office - Some good managers who will propel your growth

Cons

- Pay is not competitive - Culture is more elderly

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

If you've been acquired by Broadridge, begin looking elsewhere

Mar 1, 2021 - Associate Software Engineer in Newark, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

On paper, Broadridge is very prestigious and cares about many things other companies usually would overlook. E.g. they were named the "Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality" and "Best Place to Work" for a number of years now. This is for the most part true if you work for the central body of Broadridge.

Cons

If you do not work for the central body of Broadridge and have been acquired, you should look elsewhere because you get the expectations of a Broadridge employee but none of the care. Gradually after the acquisition, workload has slowly risen to where it is necessary to work 10+ hour a day in order to hit deadlines but there have been no other changes on the company's end. No changes to pay to meet the rest of Broadridge's pay scale, overtime pay is not taken in consideration, and no yearly raise to match inflation. (Overall, the average starting salary for a software engineer for Broadridge on Glassdoor is very off for acquired employees.) Let's even ignore the pay discrepancy problems; managers use a metric system that is not transparent. It is possible to have your team in good progress standing, finish all planned work on a current sprint, and begin working on items on the next sprint and still have "slow velocity". The only real benefit that I've gotten so far is borrowing the company's title for my resume to apply elsewhere.

Knowledge and Talent Experience Specialist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Broadridge. We're sorry to hear that you're not having a great experience here. Change is constant in our business as we continue to grow and innovate. We ask our associates to be incredibly nimble as we serve clients in a rapidly changing industry. We strongly encourage you to speak to your manager and/or HR Business partner so that your concerns can be addressed. If you are not comfortable speaking with your manager or HR Business Partner, our ethics hotline is available 24/7 at (800) 669-0661.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good people but Unrecognized hard work

Mar 31, 2021 - Revenue Analyst in Brentwood, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with were great. My immediate supervisors and directors were easy to communicate with and the associates in my team were very open to helping each other out.

Cons

The work load can get very hectic and it often feels like we have too few members in the team to efficiently achieve the projects at the time. Upper management also seems very out of touch with some of the different teams of the business in that often times I dont feel like our concerns are being heard or addressed. Opportunity for growth also feels non-existent. Though I've worked for about 3 years, rarely have I been given the chance to explore other aspects of the business even after requesting for any and all opportunities. And I believe it's tied to the fact that the teams are understaffed and all leadership don't feel like they can afford the time to allow associates to learn anything aside from what we are immediately working on.

Knowledge and Talent Experience Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Broadridge. We're sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience while working here. We encourage our associates to reach out and connect with their managers and/or to discuss their concerns so we can help address any issues. We wish you the best and thank you for your dedication to our organization and hope you're staying safe and well.

6. 5.0

Greatest place to work

Apr 22, 2021 - Senior Director, Product Management in Brentwood, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance, Innovative and amazing culture

Cons

Lack of clear career path for associates in some areas

Knowledge and Talent Experience Specialist

Wow! Thanks for this wonderful 5 star review. We're so happy you find Broadridge to be a great and innovative place to work!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

AMAZING company to work for!

Jan 21, 2021 - Specialist in Edgewood, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Broadridge is really great at promoting talent from within. I've been here for almost 5 years and have had the opportunity to explore several different roles. It's really awesome to have management that recognizes your hard work and gives you the opportunity to try new things and rewards you for it. Their response to the pandemic has also been wonderful. You can tell they truly care about their employees and their health. I also appreciate how our CEO Tim is very transparent with the organization and constantly keeps us informed on any updates or changes. He doesn't make it sound fluffy or fake - just tells us the truth. We have fortunately been very successful during these times and I'm grateful that Broadridge continues to improve and evolve. These are the reasons I continue to stay.

Cons

Depending on your department and manager, there tends to be some micromanagement. Some of the offices are very outdated and not visually appealing.

Knowledge and Talent Experience Specialist

Thank you so much for this awesome 5 star review! We're thrilled to hear that you've been given many opportunities to explore new roles and expand your skillset. No one knows Broadridge better than our associates! The health and safety of our associates remains our top priority and will continue to be. Thank you for your dedication to Broadridge over the years.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Apr 14, 2021 - Account Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is great, truly wants their employees to succeed

Cons

work load often becomes overwhelming, with little additional investment in added resources

Knowledge and Talent Experience Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and for recognizing Broadridge as a great company! We encourage you to speak to your manager to discuss your workload so that we can help improve your experience!

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Innovation moving at a slow pace

Apr 11, 2021 - Vice President Product Management in Deer Park, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good teammates, Nice managers, you get the tools to prove yourself and advance

Cons

too much politics, moving slowly, top managers come from legacy and print

Knowledge and Talent Experience Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about working at Broadridge! We love to hear about all of our great associates and managers and are happy that you're provided with the tools to grow here.

10. 4.0

Steady Company

Mar 30, 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Economically insulated, continued investments in growth, strong support from middle management

Cons

Executive management is out of touch and not good at communicating changes or direction of the company. Work life balance has completely dissolved in the new Covid work place for many of the associates.

Knowledge and Talent Experience Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Regarding your concerns, we encourage you to speak to your manager and/or HR Business partner so that we can help. We also encourage you to submit any suggestions to address the COVID workplace on the Connected Workplace page on MyBroadridge.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,406 Reviews