Broadridge Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Broadridge CEO Richard J. Daly
Richard J. Daly

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Employee can experience better work life balance (in 97 reviews)

• Offer great work from home packages, for select employees (in 29 reviews)

1. "Marketing Executive"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company culture - very friendly and encouraging
    Great time to work for the company through growth and rebrand

Cons

New York Office is full
    Need to invest in more space in the city as its growing quickly

2. "People First!"

Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Vice President - Technology in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Broadridge is the first employer I've had in thirty years who believes in bringing your whole self to work. Management consistently works on employee engagement, seeks employee feedback, and offers myriad ways for employees to develop, at work and in the community. I have had conversations with every single person in my chain of command all the way to the CEO. Real people, smart people making thoughtful decisions to grow the company and create a vibrant employee dynamic.

Cons

We're always busy! The company is committed to the future,which requires embracing change at sometimes a furious pace. We have to work hard at keeping that work-life balance to avoid burnout. Good news is that management is committed to keeping us happy and healthy, with real $$$ on the table for adopting healthy habits.

Advice to Management

Keep us engaged! Continue to walk the talk with our values and our business practices. And we'll continue to give you our best.

3. "Layoffs are abound here."

Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has tremendous growth potential and the commute is pretty good.

Cons

Incredibly cliquey company culture. Promotions based on "business skills" rather than actual useful technical skills in a technically oriented field. Some people don't know how to check their email. Yes, it's that bad.

Literally me and one other guy are doing the work of 9 people. You could layoff everyone in our department and give us both 200% raises. I guarantee you would get increased communication and better employee morale. The deadlines would still be met. The only real difference would be that the ones doing the work would get the credit.

I know for a fact that a lady has been spending company time at job interviews, and she often takes phone calls in the office to talk to recruiters.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

Advice to Management

Share the profit you get every quarter with your employees. Do you want above average employees and do you want worker retention? Then pay above market average wages. Right now, Broadridge is just a stepping stone to gain technical experience until my next opportunity. Thanks I guess.

4. "Account Management"

Current Employee - Senior Director Account Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Director Account Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great place to start out and grow. Plenty of opportunity to learn new things and keep current with the industry.

Cons

The days are very long and the amount of work can be overwhelming even though they stress work life balance.

"Lead Consultant"

Current Employee - Lead Developer in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Lead Developer in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good money, Flexible schedule, Nice people

Cons

A bit behind the technology curve

Advice to Management

Abandon the notion that talent is fungible and that outsourcing is a good idea.

6. "Operations Specialist"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Care about what the employees think
    Forward Thinking Company
    Good Benefits

Cons

work load
    nothing else I can think of

Advice to Management

I like how Mr Daly is running the Company. Continue to include employees in how we can make the company a better Company

"Director"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Broadridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many, except holiday parties.

Cons

Management not concerned with growth of employees

8. "intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Andover, MA

Pros

comfortable work environment
    friendly and nice colleagues
    nice infrastructure
    well organised
    talented employees

Cons

didnt find any
    dont know what to say
    because i liked everything
    may be a wrong question to ask a college intern

Advice to Management

cant suggest well organised

"Operations Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has so much potential. Lots of smart people on every level & a hard-working group of people. I'm a big fan of my team & know there are tons of intelligent people in this department. I do believe that most people have the best intentions to succeed here & help others. With a new platform, bringing in new clients & smoothing out processes should be much easier than previously.

A lot of the time, you feel you're all working towards a common goal. It's a rapidly growing company & the people here have a lot of pride in the work they do. Although it's a decently high stress environment, we try as much as we can to enjoy each other's company with smaller happy hours & larger department dinners & barbeques.

Cons

The current platform & system is atrocious. Problems nearly every day which the technology team fixes by putting bandaids on a boat leak. Management could care less about the people below them as long as numbers are hit & their clients are satisfied. Staying late is a necessity if you have any chance of advancing, which is nearly none.

The pay grade is on the lower scale for an operations position, although benefits are decent (not great though). Management expects you to do the work of multiple people, & when you go above & beyond for them they take credit for it. There is little room to grow. They hire management positions from the outside instead of promoting from within. There are plenty of misfit toys who are incredibly smart people but are merely here because they can't find anything better.
    The people who do get promoted from within are either connected to senior management in some capacity or work so many hours during the week management has no choice but promote them.

As previously mentioned, the pay structure is ridiculously rigid. You get one bonus per year, regardless of performance, & a "raise" that's a slap in the face if you actually work hard. Raises & promotions are hard to come by, & this department falls into the "penny smart, pound foolish" crowd.

Advice to Management

Start actually rewarding your associates with promotions from within, or at least compensate them with an actual raise for doing a good job. Be more genuine in your approach instead of trying to pull the wool over our eyes while you undermine our every move & bump up the people connected to you.

We could have a great thing going here, you just need to open your eyes & see that you are the reason why people are leaving at a rapid rate. If you took care of your employees, the turnover wouldn't be high & our teams would run more smoothly.

10. "Customer Service Associate"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Hingham, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Hingham, MA

I worked at Broadridge part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

Investment Market driven, Markets down, closed location. Ratings based on downturn and upswing of business. Past Management appeared to be more proactive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and more. Loved working at the Hingham location. Was a great group of people to work with.