Broadridge Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Broadridge CEO Richard J. Daly
Richard J. Daly

Pros
  • Employee can experience better work life balance (in 94 reviews)

• Offer great work from home packages, for select employees (in 29 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Company on the Rise"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Broadridge full-time

Pros

Financial services meets technology, communications and data and analytics. Terrific growth opportunities. Company is on the move, making investments and acquisitions. A great place to be if you want to roll up your sleeves, dive in, and be part of creating a world-class organization.

Cons

Not for people who are uncomfortable with change or want to do things "the same old way".

2. "Operations Specialist"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Care about what the employees think
    Forward Thinking Company
    Good Benefits

Cons

work load
    nothing else I can think of

Advice to Management

I like how Mr Daly is running the Company. Continue to include employees in how we can make the company a better Company

3. "intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Andover, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Andover, MA

Pros

comfortable work environment
    friendly and nice colleagues
    nice infrastructure
    well organised
    talented employees

Cons

didnt find any
    dont know what to say
    because i liked everything
    may be a wrong question to ask a college intern

Advice to Management

cant suggest well organised

"Operations Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edgewood, NY

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has so much potential. Lots of smart people on every level & a hard-working group of people. I'm a big fan of my team & know there are tons of intelligent people in this department. I do believe that most people have the best intentions to succeed here & help others. With a new platform, bringing in new clients & smoothing out processes should be much easier than previously.

A lot of the time, you feel you're all working towards a common goal. It's a rapidly growing company & the people here have a lot of pride in the work they do. Although it's a decently high stress environment, we try as much as we can to enjoy each other's company with smaller happy hours & larger department dinners & barbeques.

Cons

The current platform & system is atrocious. Problems nearly every day which the technology team fixes by putting bandaids on a boat leak. Management could care less about the people below them as long as numbers are hit & their clients are satisfied. Staying late is a necessity if you have any chance of advancing, which is nearly none.

The pay grade is on the lower scale for an operations position, although benefits are decent (not great though). Management expects you to do the work of multiple people, & when you go above & beyond for them they take credit for it. There is little room to grow. They hire management positions from the outside instead of promoting from within. There are plenty of misfit toys who are incredibly smart people but are merely here because they can't find anything better.
    The people who do get promoted from within are either connected to senior management in some capacity or work so many hours during the week management has no choice but promote them.

As previously mentioned, the pay structure is ridiculously rigid. You get one bonus per year, regardless of performance, & a "raise" that's a slap in the face if you actually work hard. Raises & promotions are hard to come by, & this department falls into the "penny smart, pound foolish" crowd.

Advice to Management

Start actually rewarding your associates with promotions from within, or at least compensate them with an actual raise for doing a good job. Be more genuine in your approach instead of trying to pull the wool over our eyes while you undermine our every move & bump up the people connected to you.

We could have a great thing going here, you just need to open your eyes & see that you are the reason why people are leaving at a rapid rate. If you took care of your employees, the turnover wouldn't be high & our teams would run more smoothly.

5. "Customer Service Associate"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Hingham, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Hingham, MA

I worked at Broadridge part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for.

Cons

Investment Market driven, Markets down, closed location. Ratings based on downturn and upswing of business. Past Management appeared to be more proactive.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and more. Loved working at the Hingham location. Was a great group of people to work with.

6. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Smart people,
    great company culture
    Everyone is willing to help
    Changes happening to keep the company current
    Good benefits
    WFH is flexible
    Good work life balance

Cons

Hard to progress
    Not huge transparency
    Hard to complete tasks when relying on other members of the team
    Consultants don't get the same treatment as full time employees

"Nothing positive."

Former Employee - Quality Supervisor in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Quality Supervisor in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at Broadridge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only good that I can say about this experience is that after 12 years in the United States Marine Corps I can say that Broad Ridge showed me what bad management was. I now have an example of everything not to do when managing employees. If there is anyone who wants to compare good and bad leadership and organization this company prvoides a perfect example of the latter.

Cons

- Work life balance is horrible. The company tries to promote a sense of family among employees that creates favoritism.
    - Compensation for the amount of work performed and responsibilities held is not reflective.
    - Management is incompetent and reactive instead of proactive.
    - Intra-office politics and relationships take priority ability and/or position.
    - Management was incompetent when it came to basic quality and compliance standards. A lot of illegal practices occur. If you are brave enough to point them out you are told "this is how we have always done things" and/or fired.
    - A great deal of fraternization between associates, supervisors, and managers.
    - Employees are promoted based on personal relationships and not ability. Therefore most of the leadership is not knowledgeable.
    - High turnover rate and little to no standardized training.
    - Temporary employees are hired and fired cyclically. Temporary employees are told that they have no say and no rights because they are "just temps" and can be replaced. They are treated badly by Broadridge employees and belittled by management.

Advice to Management

Hire competent and knowledgeable employees in order to prevent situations before they occur. Take time to properly train employees. Put an end to fraternization in the work environment. Put in place a system of documented procedures and policies in order to hold everyone accountable. Audit your entire operation because there are many illegal and unethical practices going on. Work on efficiency (there are workers that clock in and disappear during their shifts. They are doing things like napping and having relations on your loading docks). Hire more permanent employees and rely less on temporary employees in order to avoid retraining.

"Revenue Analyst"

Current Employee - Revenue Analyst in Deer Park, NY
    Current Employee - Revenue Analyst in Deer Park, NY

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed young environment, A lot of self-development tools

Cons

Low pay relative to other similar roles, limited oppertunites

"Horrible Place to Work"

Former Employee - Quality in Edgewood, NY
    Former Employee - Quality in Edgewood, NY

I worked at Broadridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They would provide free lunch on the weekends.

Cons

1. Unfair wages based on work load/expectations.
    2. Inexperienced management personnel, especially middle management.
    3. Extreme nepotism at this company.
    4. Everybody marches to the beat of their own drum. What is acceptable for one employee is not acceptable for another.
    5. Poor performance and poor behavior goes unpunished while those that do more are not rewarded.

Advice to Management

Standardize your metrics and make sure the middle management is aligned with company goals and initiatives. A lot of what they do seems to arise from not understanding the mission in the first place.

10. "Disjointed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Broadridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, pay scale, colleagues, locations

Cons

Managed to Wall st expectations; short term thinking hinders long term progress