Broadridge Reviews | Glassdoor

Broadridge Reviews

Updated July 21, 2017

Current Employees

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Employee can experience better work life balance (in 97 reviews)

• Offer great work from home packages, for select employees (in 29 reviews)

"QA Engineer"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New Hyde Park, NY
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New Hyde Park, NY

I have been working at Broadridge as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people who work hard. Helps out to understand various products

Cons

Have to work on to many projects at once not enough time to complete

Advice to Management

Need more resources to help out

"People are nice"

Current Employee - Engineer in Needham, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Needham, MA

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people here tend to be nice. As an engineer, I have been able to work with modern technologies and agile methodologies.

Cons

Not much communication from management. Lots of reorgs up above so we never even know who we are reporting to much of the time. Sometimes people are there one day and gone the next.

Advice to Management

Communicate better and let us know what is going on. We can handle it. The only communication we get is that they have created a new VP or CTO of some global group at corporate.

"Surprisingly good environment"

Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Database Administrator in Boston, MA

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people, can do attitiude

Cons

Screwed up management, screwed up priorities

Advice to Management

Hire managers that know what they are doing and reap thru the swaths of incompetents

4. "Client Service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great team to work with!

Cons

There are no cons at this time.

5. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

No cons, enjoy my job

"Company on the Rise"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Broadridge full-time

Pros

Financial services meets technology, communications and data and analytics. Terrific growth opportunities. Company is on the move, making investments and acquisitions. A great place to be if you want to roll up your sleeves, dive in, and be part of creating a world-class organization.

Cons

Not for people who are uncomfortable with change or want to do things "the same old way".

"It's okay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay and good benefits. Can work from at home at times. Many smart people that are willing to help. These would be the old timers.

Cons

Long hours and will have to work on many weekends with no overtime. They work you to the bone. They use to give compensation days for the long hours and weekend days, but they no long do that.

"Not bad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Broadridge (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, benefits, most of the people are nice. Free ecopass

Cons

Vacation time, work-life balance, some departments are 1 or 2 people so I'm not sure how people can take time off

Advice to Management

I just started working here and the company is good but unfortunately I walked into a mess . No training, already working 50 hours a week to dig out of the hole because they allowed things to go by the wayside because no one has been in the position for 4 months. This has really left a bad taste in my mouth and as soon as I finish my masters degree I'll be leaving. This is no way for a new employee to start.

"Insert Operator"

Current Employee - Insert Operator in Coppell, TX
    Current Employee - Insert Operator in Coppell, TX

I have been working at Broadridge full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

> Offers temporary jobs (e.g. first week of the month, sometimes more at quarter-end) for people looking to supplement ongoing income - from regular full-time employment or fixed income

Cons

> Constantly training temporary hires who don't stay.
    > Pay is not very good.
    > Constant productivity improvements imjplemented - meaning more work for the same pay.
    > Lots of overtime - cannot have a life the first 2 weeks of the month.

Advice to Management

Pay definitely needs to be improved in alignment with additional responsibilities added over past 2 years.

"No chance to get promoted, no matter how good you are"

Current Employee - Lead Programmer Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Programmer Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Broadridge full-time

Pros

Competitive total compensation (base salary + bonus) -- highly dependent on your initial negotiations (if the initial negotiation is not good enough, you are screwed)
    Super generous sick leave and short/long term leaves, perfect for those with serious illness
    Long maternal leave with pay
    Occasional candy jar, chewing gum, cookies, sent from the helm of the IT dept

Cons

The assignment of projects is based on who has least projects in hand, not matching strength/weakness/preference
    7 levels of management from the IT head to a senior developer -- are you kidding me?
    Too much political games
    All high level managers were parachuted in. No promotion from within
    Lack of visions, only care about short term goal. When finally convinced there's a genuine need to update the technology, they awarded outside contractor firm with millions, but super stingy in hiring replacement for departed/retired colleagues
    Out of whack work/life balance. Constant 65 hours week. People who "only" put 40 hours in their timesheet will be reported
    Shows no loyalty -- constantly seeing long tenured, beloved high rank officers (VP or equivalent) been shown the door
    Too many outsourcing to India. Many times codebase were ruined then handed back to US associates to great dismay. One former Indian associate even reviewed Broadridge is good for freshman/inexperienced start up, and not so good for experienced because of the lower pay etc -- thank you for acknowledging the fact that many associates in India are not experienced -- in fact many good Indian associates left the company immediately after the 3 year contract period to better positions and pay. Go figure

Advice to Management

Don't be cheap! Award your most productive employees with recognition/promotion/increase of benefit. They will put more effort in return and make the company more profitable.

Don't tell your employee that you are going to promote them so they put super extra effort/hours, later tell them the IT department is under re-org so the promotion is buh-bye.

Invest in your employees. Allocate some budgets in training. The more skillful the employee the better in the product quality. Don't worry about if people get trained they will leave, you can put some retention policy such as pay back the company if leave within 1 year after training.