KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 72 of over 77 reviews

4.6
Broker Genius Founder and CEO Sam Sherman
Sam Sherman
Pros
  • "An analytical-based job that maintains a relaxed work environment(in 13 reviews)

• "Awesome co-workers, ping pong table, good working culture(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This is compounded by the fact that the location - Valley Stream - is difficult to get to(in 10 reviews)

• "Long hours about 10 hour days which is rough for the pay(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company

Jan 12, 2021 - Sales Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product, great people. Leadership genuinely cares about you and your success

Cons

Poor reputation, although somewhat misguided, in certain industry circles causes friction in selling process

2. 4.0

Good place to work

Oct 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work-life balance is great. Nice co-workers.

Cons

Not much growth. Volatile industry especially during covid.

3. 4.0

Startup Type Environment - Prepare to be flexible

Sep 16, 2020 - Abc in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Results driven, typically fair environment.

Cons

Job security. Growing quickly and cutting quickly if it doesn't work out.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent Job

Aug 23, 2020 - Pricing Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility Opportunities to Advance Accessible, reasonable management

Cons

Low Pay, they're always looking for a deal Long hours Extremely fratty culture

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good culture, poor management

May 12, 2020 - Senior Pricer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture, working environment and coworkers made this company a fun place to work.

Cons

Inexperienced and poor management. Constant changes in the organization as they make 'guesses' on what will/won't work.

6. 5.0

Great working environment

Feb 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Valley Stream, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome work environment, everyone has an upbeat and positive attitude and everyone is always willing to help each other learn new skills. The ticket industry is not something that people automatically know, so when you come on there is a lot to learn, but they are patient and always willing to help explain. Relaxed working environment, ping pong/karaoke, so there is always ways to relieve stress. Everyone works extremely hard, but no is ever sitting over your shoulder counting the minutes you are on break. Office parties are fun!! everyone is friendly, often groups going to games or shows together after work CEO is great, motivational and easy to talk to even though he is always very busy. When the company succeeds we get rewarded, so we all feel motivated to do great work. They have long term goals set for us that keep us on track. If you want to work on projects outside of your department you can and there is plenty of people who have switched jobs and functions, lots of upward mobility. Salary is good and benefits are good(health insurance/401K/vacation sicks days) Ability to work from home when needed is good as well (though it's just for certain situations, usually everyone is in the office)

Cons

Long days (BUT you can really feel that the work you are doing is helping the company succeed so it's not an issue) I have to tell people i work on Long Island (But there are plans to move into the city and the train is right there so the commute is easy)

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The Negative Reviews Misconstrue Company Dynamic

Jan 20, 2018 - Pricing Analyst in Valley Stream, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-An analytical-based job that maintains a relaxed work environment -If you are engaged in the industry and in the task-at-hand, there are plenty of opportunities for growth -The company has established itself in an industry that is still in its technological infancy. The ticket industry has very blurred industrial boundaries, opening the door to various means to conduct business. -BG is adapting as they grow, which gives employees the chance to share ideas pertaining to strategic decisions. -Management has begun addressing employee concerns, such as opening a west coast office to eliminate night shifts

Cons

-There is a slight disconnect between the pricing department and upper management, but this lack of communication is recognized and is being increasingly addressed. -9 hour day as opposed to a traditional 8 hour day. -Relocation has become a negative topic of discussion, but progress seems like it is being made

5 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Interesting learning experience but chaotic

Mar 18, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast moving company in an interesting market, if you’re interested in the event space it’s a good experience.

Cons

Decisions seemed to be made impulsively by leaders and were not communicated well to employees

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Startup with a great culture

Jan 24, 2018 - Pricing Analyst in Valley Stream, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-I have been working as a Pricing Analyst at Broker Genius for the past 10 months and it's been an amazing experience. -It's a place full of young and talented professionals working for a common goal. Management is really good and always gives opportunities for everyone to advance in their career. -People around are always helpful. This company is more like a family.

Cons

- Commute to Valley Stream. - I would really like to have flexible hours like 9:00 am - 5:30 pm or 8.30 am - 5.00 pm so that we can have time for personal life and be more productive the next day.

5 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Long hours, bad pay, inept management

Oct 8, 2017 - Pricing Analyst in Valley Stream, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

2 Stars cause the people in the pricing department all seem super friendly and I enjoy some of the conversations we all get into.

Cons

1. Constant lying the first lie I heard was we were moving a few months after I got I hired and now that isn't the case and seemed like it never was. 2. The CEO should not be the CEO he doesn't have any clue what goes on in the department and flys off the handle saying stuff only to be told by our direct managers to not listen to him. 3. Don't expect to have any life at all during the week or weekends because you will be forced to work long hours 9-7pm is the standard and most days it is longer than that with commute expect to put in 60+ hour weeks for less than $50,000 oh and there is no working from home. 4. There is a complete disconnect from sales to pricing it feels like the sales team tells them we can give them the world and then when we don't we have to deal with it while the sales team just goes on their merry way.

6 people found this review helpful

Broker Genius Response

Head of Human Resources

Broker Genius believes strongly in the power of constructive criticism, which is why we encourage employees to give anonymous feedback through many outlets, including Glassdoor reviews, internal surveys and via the office suggestion box. That being said, we're surprised to hear the recounting of your experience here thus far because it's in stark contrast with feedback we generally receive. We appreciate your feedback and will continue looking into ways to improve communication and work/life balance at Broker Genius. In addition, we are happy to discuss any problems or issues you have been experiencing. If you continue to feel dissatisfied working at Broker Genius, we are willing to help you explore new opportunities elsewhere and even provide financial assistance during a transition period as we firmly believe every employee has a right to work in an environment where they are fulfilled personally and professionally. If you'd like to discuss these options or share more about your experience, please email hr@brokergenius.com to schedule a private meeting.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 72 Reviews