Bromium Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Bromium CEO Gregory Webb
Gregory Webb

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great technology, nice team, nice start up salaries (in 5 reviews)

• One thing which never changed was the amazing technology which till today has no competition and works fantastically (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I wish we had more time to party together and that the two teams (UK and US) weren't so far away from one another (in 2 reviews)

• No one would even interview for a job here if they spoke with any former employee (there are dozens of us) (in 2 reviews)

"The new Bromium"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Bromium full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Bromium full time for 4 years and have witnessed the company and the product grow (continuously) and mature.

Every startup has challenges and Bromium is no different. And that’s why you join a startup. To have thrill, fun, camaraderie and learnings which you accumulate at the speed of light. A serious advice to all my friends, particularly to those with an year of adventurous stint at Bromium, and who have provided negative review. Guys, go and join a big company. You are not made for the startup world. And 1 year is too less to understand any company or to contribute significantly.

Bromium had good times as you can see from some early reviews here and then there was a short rough period in which it struggled and now it's back again which all of us call "The new Bromium". One thing which never changed was the amazing technology which till today has no competition and works fantastically. Bromium is just getting started and the possibilities are unlimited. Check out the press, look at the partnerships, talk to existing employees and if you get a chance, visit the booth in one of the security conference (RSA, InfoSec, BlackHat).

Pros
    - Fool proof defense. There is no other security product out there which does it better than Bromium.
    - With its cool tech, Bromium has just tested the waters on endpoints. It has not even gone into the datacenters or cloud yet.
    - You have complete freedom to try out new things here. You want to work on cool new feature, want to talk to customers, have a new business idea...you will be supported.
    - Executives regularly shares business updates to whole company. Not only good updates, but also the bad updates. Haven’t seen any other company do that and that too confidently. That's what you call transparency.

Cons

- Informal appraisal process. Something which can be easily fixed by HR
    - Not many fresh graduates in Cupertino pool. Should start Bay Area campus recruitment again

Advice to Management

Thank you for bringing it back on track. Keep it up.

Apr 8, 2017 – VP Marketing

Thank you for such an honest review. We are excited about our tech but also about our customers and making sure they have success. Your review is spot on and yes, we do need to get our performance... More

"Bromium is the place to be! Amazing cybersecurity platform backed by amazing employees!"

Current Employee - Global Leader in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Global Leader in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Bromium full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Bromium platform in and of itself hands down is the most cutting edge and delivers without fail what it advertises! The founders and the development team are the brightest and most intelligent group of individuals who are obsessed with delighting the customers. The executive management team is rock solid, all of whom live for the utmost customer experience and they are bringing in players to ramp up acceleration even faster. This coupled with the platform itself is why Bromium is the place to be!

Cons

If you want to call the interest levels of prospect customers and partners around the Bromium platform a con because of the volume then I call this a great problem!

Advice to Management

Stick to the plan with customers and partners first! You will win!

3. "Could use direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Bromium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product. Great vision. Execution and alignment could use work.

Cons

Sales and Marketing never quite sang the same song and coordination between the two groups definitely felt like it could use an overhaul. Luckily since my tenure I know that these two departments are completely overhauled

Advice to Management

Great vision. Execution and implementation for sales/marketing leveraged rudimentary analytics. I know this was way off from the actuality. Make sure you're measuring metrics that matter and not fluff vanity stuff. Need to tie performance across channels to pipeline for truly optimizing your execution.

Apr 3, 2017 – VP Marketing

You are spot on - over a year ago Bromium was definitely in the throes of growing pains and sales and marketing were not aligned. One year later, we are a machine with amazing lead gen, a sales team... More

"Sky's the Limit!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Bromium full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing, game-changing technology. Highly committed group of people. Leadership that is willing to take risks, be transparent, and fix things when they are broken.

Cons

Very few, certainly nothing out of the ordinary for a startup / pre-IPO organization.

Advice to Management

While perhaps attention-grabbing, let's keep individuals' personal political views off the company website and direct those to another outlet, as I can't see how that benefits the business. Other than that, keep it up and stay aggressive!

Feb 7, 2017 – VP Marketing

We will keep it up and stay aggressive! Love the enthusiasm. The "political stuff" is a delicate balance but with our mission to stop cybercrime, we can get rather passionate about creating the... More

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Bromium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bromium's technology is second-to-none and you'll find few that will argue that point. After some internal turmoil and lots of executive changes it finally feels like Bromium is back on track to fulfill the potential of changing the security landscape. Bromium is finally focused and loaded with talent and should see major growth moving forward!

Cons

There was major turnover in 2016 and instability in the company. The legacy of the technology is that it's a great concept with bad execution. Though the execution has changed and the product is now fully enterprise ready we still have to convince the market to forget what they've seen in the past.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees. Historically decisions have been made at the top and everyone else gets to deal with it. Ask for feedback from employees. This is improving everyday. Continue the momentum.

Feb 7, 2017 – VP Marketing

This is a fantastic review. Thank you. You actually nailed it on the history and the new management team's commitment to running a grown-up company that respects every team member and their unique... More

"Not your fathers Bromium"

Current Employee - Senior SE
    Current Employee - Senior SE

I have been working at Bromium full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Amazing technology. Bromium has truly differentiating tech in microvirtualization. No other product on the market can match the effectiveness.
    - New executive management team as everyone re-energized
    - Exciting new product capabilities (host inspection, application monitoring, adblocking, DLP etc) included in a single client rapidly increasing time to value for customers
    - The market is finally maturing and agreeing that isolation/microvirtualization is really the only way to effectively defeat attacks. Bromium is leading this effort.
    - Engineering and development over the last 12-18 months have been hyper focused on improving the UX, deploy-ability and manageability of the platform and its showing in many successful enterprise wide deployments
    - Support, professional services and product development in particular are stellar. Customers appreciate fast turn around time on cases and product updates.

Cons

- Bromium was early to market 4 yrs ago and didn't set proper expectations. Technology, hardware and the market in general simply weren't ready for Br. Early adopters believed in the vision but weren't really able to reap the benefits as fast as expected. They're seeing it now however.
    - Theres a negative perception in the market due to the first bullet. This has been tough to overcome but theres positive momentum due to many successful pocs and customer deployments along with the market maturing.
    - Negative channel perception. Early on, the channel was excited about Br but again, expectations weren't set appropriately. This is improving as well with partners willing to work with Bromium. Several very large deals have been handed to partners over the last year.
    - If your product isn't squarely in the AV or EDR bucket or isn't a known commodity, you may never be invited in to test. As the market continues to mature and security leaders continue to recommend isolation and or virtualization based security as a necessity, this will continue to change.

Advice to Management

- Keep on track
    - Be bold, Br has the tech and the people to back it up
    - improve exec to exec channel relationships
    - Keep delivering new enhancements/features on spec and on time and with quality

Dec 13, 2016 – VP Marketing

What a thoughtful analysis of what's going on today. We are market ready and bold about our ability to protect the enterprise. We are also thrilled to hear your enthusiasm and confidence as we move... More

"Great people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Bromium (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people and very smart, with high degrees

Cons

New technology, hard to sell

Jan 4, 2017 – VP Marketing

Thanks for the review and we're so glad you like the people. We like smart people but you don't have to have advanced degrees to be a vital contributor. The technology has been sell and that... More

"Not Recommended"

I worked at Bromium full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There was a fun engineering and sales culture right before last sales rally. Granted, hugely bloated teams at the time. Good health benefits for a company of this size. The new management from venafi is more transparent than the when the founders were running everything. So, less non-sensical, hugely damaging, unilatral decisions outside their competency and less passive aggressive games and less micromanaging the sales team.

Cons

If you are seriously looking at this company -- with all the rumors can't imagine why. Do you yourself a favor and talk to a former employee.

Other than that, I was blatantly lied to during my interview about the viabilty and opportunity at this company, but here are some questions you might ask the new regime, particularly if you are joining in sales:

1. what percentage of all the customers you say you have have actually deployed the product? Which of the companies on your website have actually ripped out the product?

2. How many people with real security DNA or credibility are still at the company (the founders are definitely not taken seriously in the industry). Virtualization geniuses, yes. But anyone who knew anything about security and was respected is now at competitor companies.

3. how does your product make any sense past windows 7 with Microsoft virtualization security? Microsoft is doing the same thing as Bromium on Edge with no attribution (and a nice roadmap for protecting the bulk of the Office apps). If you're happy to stay on windows 7 forever, go Bromium. This is a major problem as their their monitoring product is hugely undifferentiated.

4. You are really the only company doing this anymore. This is hard to negotiate in sales where you have no credible comparison. If the product worked, it would be a non issue. This caused a lot of damage to my relatioships i had built up.

5. At what valuation could you possibly make any money at this company after paying back investors?

Advice to Management

Transparency and honesty to the customers and your employees is key. Your actions have caused a little army of disgruntled folks out their that don't want you to succeed. In the mean time, i guess go ahead and pad your resumes. Nothing to lose for you guys.

"So much momentum"

I have been working at Bromium full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There's been a significant set of changes at the company that give me renewed energy about Bromium. The new CEO is driven to provide customer satisfaction and solve real security problems for the Global 5000 (and actually for everyone as soon as the product can be scaled to work even for the good folks at home). The engineering team has some of the freaking smartest people I've ever met and the new product road map is truly exciting. Marketing is on fire with a vision for reaching more people with our message than ever before and there's thoughtful, intentional spending happening that demonstrates the new leadership is extremely serious about making virtualization-based security an essential ingredient in everyone's security strategy. At Bromium people work hard, Nerf hard (yeah, you heard me), have an wicked entrepreneurial spirit that is committed to stopping cyber crime. It's a place that makes you feel good about your hard work because the mission of keeping computer safe is the right thing to do.

Cons

There's lots of work to be done and sleeping is sometimes the thing that gets compromised. I wish we had more time to party together and that the two teams (UK and US) weren't so far away from one another.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. The new energy is fantastic and I feel re-energized.

Nov 29, 2016 – VP Marketing

We wish there was a way to bridge the gap between the two offices as well - we are looking at ideas like using Periscope and Skype to speed communication (and broadcast the Nerf Wars).

"Excellent Company to work with"

Pros

Great Product, Great People, Excellent working environment

Cons

Too many layers between top management and individual contributors

Nov 29, 2016 – VP Marketing

Thank you for the great review and we hear you on the layers - we've already made changes to streamline decision-making and to provide ways for individual contributors to have more impact on the... More