Bromium Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 31, 2018

3.7
Bromium CEO Gregory Webb
Gregory Webb
Pros
  • "Great TECHNOLOGY that actually solves serious industry challenges(in 6 reviews)

• "One thing which never changed was the amazing technology which till today has no competition and works fantastically(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you do not understand fast pace startups, this is not for you(in 3 reviews)

• "Still being a fairly young company some of the company benefits like pension contributions are not that generous but all staff do get share options(in 2 reviews)

"The Holy Grail Of Sales Jobs"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Bromium full-time for less than a year

Pros

We all dream of that "perfect" sales position ....well at Bromium the dream position is a reality ... let me explain .. - Great TECHNOLOGY that actually solves serious industry challenges - Every Sales Enablement tool you can think of .. - Marketing Team that drives serious traction - True Sales leadership -- - They have recruited the industries top talent - THE POTENTIAL TO ACTUALLY BRING HOME A 7 FIGURE... W-2 ....need i say more ?

Cons

The fact it to me so long to get over here ---

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what your doing

Bromium2018-01-29

"This is not a healthy environment"

I worked at Bromium full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well, I enjoyed the people I worked with. That's an honest statement.

Cons

Ugh, where do I begin? Besides the CFO who was great, the rest of the leadership team was all first time VPs. Probably because the CEO was a first timer as well and he didn't have any other executive colleague who was willing to come over with him. There was no direction here, and they kept changing course it was incredibly hectic to work here. I'm all for "trying something different" but can we at least a) give... it some time to work or b) try something that has a reasonable chance of working and modifying it as needed? I did not enjoy my time here, it was so hard to get up in the morning and so hard to motivate myself to come to work. The culture was so bad and it all starts with sales, no one is happy when we don't make our numbers. Everyone is always on edge because they're afraid they're going to get fired for poor performance. But apparently that was the executive scare tactic to make you work harder??? Not sure that that strategy has ever worked in the past for any silicon valley company but yeah, add that to the list of missteps by the leadership team.

Advice to Management

Just stop, just, just stop. Everything you're doing has failed, the next time you have an idea, do the opposite, it might work. Go against your gut.

Bromium2018-06-20

"Finance management"

I worked at Bromium full-time for more than a year

Pros

Talented employees, good office location.

Cons

Lack of transparency from top management, which was a major factor impacting employee morale.

Bromium2017-10-25

"The new Bromium"

I worked at Bromium full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at Bromium full time for 4 years and have witnessed the company and the product grow (continuously) and mature. Every startup has challenges and Bromium is no different. And that’s why you join a startup. To have thrill, fun, camaraderie and learnings which you accumulate at the speed of light. A serious advice to all my friends, particularly to those with an year of adventurous stint at Bromium, and who... have provided negative review. Guys, go and join a big company. You are not made for the startup world. And 1 year is too less to understand any company or to contribute significantly. Bromium had good times as you can see from some early reviews here and then there was a short rough period in which it struggled and now it's back again which all of us call "The new Bromium". One thing which never changed was the amazing technology which till today has no competition and works fantastically. Bromium is just getting started and the possibilities are unlimited. Check out the press, look at the partnerships, talk to existing employees and if you get a chance, visit the booth in one of the security conference (RSA, InfoSec, BlackHat). Pros - Fool proof defense. There is no other security product out there which does it better than Bromium. - With its cool tech, Bromium has just tested the waters on endpoints. It has not even gone into the datacenters or cloud yet. - You have complete freedom to try out new things here. You want to work on cool new feature, want to talk to customers, have a new business idea...you will be supported. - Executives regularly shares business updates to whole company. Not only good updates, but also the bad updates. Haven’t seen any other company do that and that too confidently. That's what you call transparency.

Cons

- Informal appraisal process. Something which can be easily fixed by HR - Not many fresh graduates in Cupertino pool. Should start Bay Area campus recruitment again

Advice to Management

Thank you for bringing it back on track. Keep it up.

Bromium2017-04-05

"Bromium is the place to be! Amazing cybersecurity platform backed by amazing employees!"

Current Employee - Global Leader in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Bromium full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Bromium platform in and of itself hands down is the most cutting edge and delivers without fail what it advertises! The founders and the development team are the brightest and most intelligent group of individuals who are obsessed with delighting the customers. The executive management team is rock solid, all of whom live for the utmost customer experience and they are bringing in players to ramp up... acceleration even faster. This coupled with the platform itself is why Bromium is the place to be!

Cons

If you want to call the interest levels of prospect customers and partners around the Bromium platform a con because of the volume then I call this a great problem!

Advice to Management

Stick to the plan with customers and partners first! You will win!

Bromium2017-04-07
  6. "Could use direction"

I worked at Bromium full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product. Great vision. Execution and alignment could use work.

Cons

Sales and Marketing never quite sang the same song and coordination between the two groups definitely felt like it could use an overhaul. Luckily since my tenure I know that these two departments are completely overhauled

Advice to Management

Great vision. Execution and implementation for sales/marketing leveraged rudimentary analytics. I know this was way off from the actuality. Make sure you're measuring metrics that matter and not fluff vanity stuff. Need to tie performance across channels to pipeline for truly optimizing your execution.

Bromium2017-04-03

"Sky's the Limit!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Bromium full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing, game-changing technology. Highly committed group of people. Leadership that is willing to take risks, be transparent, and fix things when they are broken.

Cons

Very few, certainly nothing out of the ordinary for a startup / pre-IPO organization.

Advice to Management

While perhaps attention-grabbing, let's keep individuals' personal political views off the company website and direct those to another outlet, as I can't see how that benefits the business. Other than that, keep it up and stay aggressive!

Bromium2017-02-03

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Bromium full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bromium's technology is second-to-none and you'll find few that will argue that point. After some internal turmoil and lots of executive changes it finally feels like Bromium is back on track to fulfill the potential of changing the security landscape. Bromium is finally focused and loaded with talent and should see major growth moving forward!

Cons

There was major turnover in 2016 and instability in the company. The legacy of the technology is that it's a great concept with bad execution. Though the execution has changed and the product is now fully enterprise ready we still have to convince the market to forget what they've seen in the past.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees. Historically decisions have been made at the top and everyone else gets to deal with it. Ask for feedback from employees. This is improving everyday. Continue the momentum.

Bromium2017-02-05

"Not your fathers Bromium"

Current Employee - Senior SE

I have been working at Bromium full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Amazing technology. Bromium has truly differentiating tech in microvirtualization. No other product on the market can match the effectiveness. - New executive management team as everyone re-energized - Exciting new product capabilities (host inspection, application monitoring, adblocking, DLP etc) included in a single client rapidly increasing time to value for customers - The market is finally maturing and... agreeing that isolation/microvirtualization is really the only way to effectively defeat attacks. Bromium is leading this effort. - Engineering and development over the last 12-18 months have been hyper focused on improving the UX, deploy-ability and manageability of the platform and its showing in many successful enterprise wide deployments - Support, professional services and product development in particular are stellar. Customers appreciate fast turn around time on cases and product updates.

Cons

- Bromium was early to market 4 yrs ago and didn't set proper expectations. Technology, hardware and the market in general simply weren't ready for Br. Early adopters believed in the vision but weren't really able to reap the benefits as fast as expected. They're seeing it now however. - Theres a negative perception in the market due to the first bullet. This has been tough to overcome but theres positive momentum... due to many successful pocs and customer deployments along with the market maturing. - Negative channel perception. Early on, the channel was excited about Br but again, expectations weren't set appropriately. This is improving as well with partners willing to work with Bromium. Several very large deals have been handed to partners over the last year. - If your product isn't squarely in the AV or EDR bucket or isn't a known commodity, you may never be invited in to test. As the market continues to mature and security leaders continue to recommend isolation and or virtualization based security as a necessity, this will continue to change.

Advice to Management

- Keep on track - Be bold, Br has the tech and the people to back it up - improve exec to exec channel relationships - Keep delivering new enhancements/features on spec and on time and with quality

Bromium2016-12-06

"Great people!"

in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Bromium for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people and very smart, with high degrees

Cons

New technology, hard to sell

Bromium2016-12-16