Brookfield Renewable Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Brookfield Renewable CEO Sachin Shah
Sachin Shah

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Management care about the staff and are committed to providing a very positive work environment with a culture of give back and work life balance (in 7 reviews)

• High Performing group & individuals while keeping work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I get the sense that senior staff do not have a great work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• Occasional periods of high turnover leading to lean teams but also leading to the opportunity for growth and promotion (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Brookfield Renewable (Less than a year)

Pros

They are great to work for. Management provides guidance when needed and they are great about letting you do your job.

Cons

Shifting offices frequently can slow down work.

"Operations Director"

Current Employee - Director, Operations Management in Lewiston, ME
    Current Employee - Director, Operations Management in Lewiston, ME

I have been working at Brookfield Renewable full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Brookfield continues to offer me opportunities to learn new skills and develop myself professionally and personally. I’m excited to work in an organization with a strong leadership culture and a healthy growth mandate. The opportunities I have been afforded would be hard to replicate elsewhere.

Cons

Brookfield expects a lot from its employees, so be prepared to work hard. As the business has grown and will continue to grow, organizational changes have and will continue to occur. These changes can temporarily disrupt employees' work lives.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. We have a strong culture and a bright future ahead of us. Brookfield remains an excellent place to work and grow.

3. "Brookfield Renewable: Intern Review"

Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Watertown, NY
    Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Watertown, NY

Pros

I enjoyed working at Brookfield Renewable throughout my internship. It was a great experience that brought me ample opportunities to apply what I'm learning in school to the real world. I worked closely with project managers, supervisors and designers on actual engineering projects/problems the company was working on during my time there. I was also able to go out in the field on numerous occasions to many of Brookfield's hydro facilities and see/observe the work going on in the field. There were always new and different things to work on, so the repetitiveness of work is minimal.

Cons

I really don't have much to say about Brookfield Renewable for the "cons" section. The only thing I might say is that some days are definitely slower than others, but I feel like that happens at any job.

Advice to Management

A little advice I would give to management would be to hire a few more civil engineers. There are numerous facilities and structures that were constructed in the early 1900's that are now in need of some civil engineering brains to restore them.

4. "Great Company to work for"

I have been working at Brookfield Renewable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BREG brings a unique combination as both an asset manager and operator. This uniqueness makes tax work at BREG very challenging and rewarding. We constantly learn new things and grow along the way.
    BREG is very fast paced and attract great people to the business. People here are not afraid of changes and constantly looking for ways to improve the ways we are doing business. In Brookfield, you won't hear somebody saying you couldn't do this or that because this is the way things were being handled in the past.
    Good compensation and benefits.

Cons

Don't have any right now.

Advice to Management

Welcome more communications (like quarterly) from the senior management about the business outlook.

"Constant Reorganization"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst

Pros

Makes payroll every month. The parent company is well financed, and their willingness to invest clients money for management fees and for bragging rights, despite the likely prospect of losing money, means there is an opprotunity to learn about certain aspects of business on someone else's dime.

Cons

Constantly being reorganized. Folks from Canada come down every so often to RIF entire groups, without regard to competence. Because of the resulting gaps, expect to work very hard.

"Great company that is under the radar....."

I have been working at Brookfield Renewable full-time

Pros

Every day presents unique situations to learn and grow. Consistently busy with projects that you are given ownership of. Great pay and benefits. Friendly people. You are consistently presented with new challenges and you must manage your time and resources effectively.

Cons

None come to mind at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve communicating organizational changes (Reorgs) more effectively.

7. "none"

Former Employee - Utility Worker
    Former Employee - Utility Worker

I worked at Brookfield Renewable full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits package

Cons

Not a lot of possibilities for advancement

8. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Brookfield Renewable full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly staff to work with. Hours were good.

Cons

Moved office to Boston area.

9. "Financial Analyst"

I have been working at Brookfield Renewable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for, and there are a lot of chances to learn something new. It's a large company with a small company feel.

Cons

there is a very heavy work load, and long hours most days and not a lot of down time to even catch up.

10. "I enjoyed my job at Brookfield but had difficulty getting answer from management."

Current Employee - Engineer in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Brookfield Renewable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation was good
    Benefits were great

Cons

Very difficult to get answer from management.
    There was a very high personnel turnover.

Advice to Management

Communicate information to employees more frequently and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.