KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Brookhaven Retreat

Is this your company?

Brookhaven Retreat

Add a Review

Brookhaven Retreat Employee Reviews about "peaceful"

Updated Jul 9, 2016

Found 53 of over 53 reviews
3.5
64% Recommend to a Friend
63% Approve of CEO

3.5
Brookhaven Retreat Owner  Jacqueline Dawes (no image)
Jacqueline Dawes
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

There are no reviews matching your search at this company.

Add a review It only takes a second to share your experience. Your information will always be anonymous.

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Jacqueline offers ongoing training to all staff to ensure they're updated in all areas.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The facility is beautiful and one that could be a truly enjoyable place to work if some things were to change.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Brookhaven Retreat is an excellent company and I'm very proud to have the opportunity to have work here 5 years.(in 5 reviews)
  • "The staff are enormously capable and caring about the clients.(in 5 reviews)
  • "All staff are very compassionate and works well as a team.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "peaceful"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Nursing

Jan 19, 2015 - Registered Nurse in Seymour, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many benefits I have found as a RN at Brookhaven Retreat. The work schedule is wonderful providing a good work/life balance as well as never having to take call. My co-workers are amazing and the pay is competitive compared with other RN positions in the area. The benefits are great as well. There are extensive training opportunities offered both on site and at different locations to ensure we are able to treat our clients in the best way possible. Management has an open door policy which allows all employees to meet with them and provide feedback on operational issues as well as provide input on how to correct this to better serve our clients. The area is beautiful, peaceful, and serene. Overall I enjoy coming to work each day.

Cons

In comparison to other jobs I have worked since becoming a RN, I have very few complaints about Brookhaven. There are limited opportunities for overtime which is something I became used to with my previous job. There are also very complex cases. This provides a challenge for me which I enjoy, but can sometimes make the working environment intense.

1 person found this review helpful

Executive Director

We appreciate you posting this detailed review, especially the specific comments that may be helpful to nursing professionals considering applying to Brookhaven Retreat. Working at Brookhaven Retreat involves special challenges, but also very special rewards. Also, as noted, Brookhaven Retreat is committed to providing opportunities for continued professional development so our team can provide even better service to our clients. Keep up the good work and know that it is appreciated by the company, your teammates and especially our clients.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Toxic environment

Jul 9, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Truly a lovely, peaceful location surrounded by nature. Facility is spotless and quiet rooms are very pleasant. Salaries offered are excellent.

Cons

Revolving door for employees, owner is power crazy, employees are constantly walking around on eggshells. Employees are strongly "urged" to go to sites such as Glassdoor and leave positive reviews. Unhealthy, toxic work environment. Heard of so many people leaving good jobs for the great pay offered. Not worth it folks, you are likely to be gone within 6 months.

11 people found this review helpful

Executive Director

Thank you for offering your thoughts about your time at Brookhaven Retreat and for acknowledging the beautiful surroundings and cleanliness of the facility. We regret that you were not completely comfortable here. Brookhaven Retreat is a demanding place to work and some people will naturally find it stressful. We make every effort to create an environment in which employees can be open with management about their concerns and those that find their footing here are generally fairly happy in their jobs. Brookhaven Retreat does not require, encourage, or reward employees for posting reviews on sites like Glassdoor, but we do make employees aware of the opportunity to do so. Many are very happy to share their positive experiences.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Brookhaven retreat is a great place to work

Jan 19, 2015 - Risk Manager in Seymour, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Brookhaven Retreat is set in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains. And it has a very beautiful Campus that is quite and peaceful, with amazing views all around. The staff at Brookhaven Retreat are the best. All departments work together as a team and support each other. Everyone here is devoted to the program and to the recovery and well being of the clients. Here you get the feeling that you are apart of a team and what you do really does make a diference in the lives of the clients. Jacqueline Dawes, the Owner/ Founder is Fantastic, she the one of the most inspiring people I have ever met. She is a very kind and compassionate person who is totally committed to the clients and to their recovery. The Program that she has developed is the only one of its kind and is phenomenal. It has truly changed the lives of so many women and in many cases has saved their lives. It is truly a rewarding experience to be apart of a program that has helped so many. Likewise, Jacqueline also shows the same care and value toward her staff, and is very supportive. She takes the time to get to know everyone personally and is willing to listen to new ideas. I have personally seen numerous times, when Jacqueline has gone above and beyond to see that the staff are taken care of. From ordering lunch for everyone during busy times. To making sure that everyone is able to get to work and home safely when it snows. She is always very mindful of the needs of the staff. In addition Brookhaven promotes education, safety and personal development by sending staff members from all departments to trainings throughout the year. These trainings range from Clinical and therapy trainings to safety and compliance trainings. Also Brookhaven also offers a very generous benefits package to include, Several paid holidays, Paid Medical, Dental and Eye insurance, Paid time off, and generous wages. Brookhaven Retreat is an amazing company with awesome people and great benefits. What's not to like? I have worked for Brookhaven Retreat as a Risk Manager for more than 7 years and hope to be here for many more. Hands down the best most rewarding job I have ever had.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working for Brookhaven Retreat are that you must be a team player. When dealing with people things can change quickly. you must be mindful, kind and compassionate. Also, you need to be the type of person that is willing to go the extra mile to see that the needs of the clients are met and to ensure their safety and well-being.

3 people found this review helpful

Executive Director

Thank you for taking the time to submit this detailed review. We are pleased that you take pride in the work you do for the company and that you have found it rewarding and fulfilling enough to make it a long-term employment choice. You are a valuable part of the team that makes Brookhaven Retreat’s program successful.

Viewing 1 - 0 of 0 English Reviews