Brooks International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 10, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Lui Damasceno

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Interesting clients and lots of travel" (in 4 reviews)

• "It is highly interesting in that most all clients are fortune 300" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is 7 days a week work" (in 6 reviews)

• "Brooks International is more like a boiler room than a real company" (in 3 reviews)

"Brooks International"

I have been working at Brooks International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a consistent drive, passion and care for the clients we deal with on a day to day basis which truly becomes infectious in promoting a culture of positive change.
    The ability to learn from very goal orientated mentors through proven systems allows for the learning curve to be fast but manageable.
    The CEO values knowledgeable , hard working individuals who are willing to consistently challenge the norm to deliver to the client exceptional results. He also loves referencing Athletics/Military in terms of execution which I find relatable and easily translates in mission focused client interaction on a daily basis.

Cons

Do to the nature of the beast, there are long working hours
    Travelling delays

Advice to Management

Keep providing training and mentorship to your employees in helping them develop skills to be successful long-term.

"Unprofessional and Cringe-Worthy"

I worked at Brooks International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers - helpful, caring, professional, hardworking and intelligent; Salaries are competitive

Cons

Shabby and unprofessional treatment by owner- no care or concern for employees; culture of fear; negative and depressing atmosphere; lots of turnover; no chance for advancement; uncomfortable meetings where the owner selects a victim to criticize and blame for all the company's problems while everyone else squirms and prays not to be next; company losing clients and money despite hardworking employees making honest effort; no payout of earned PTO or severance at termination; every manager/director reports to the owner/nothing gets done because the owner needs to micromanage everything but has no time to focus on anything; constant firefighting or crisis containment; no long-term planning or thought put into anything

Advice to Management

Hire good people and allow the management team to run the different departments and empower them to make decisions and achieve their goals without micromanagement or constant interference

"Corporate Office"

I worked at Brooks International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have the ability to go to the gym at lunch. Coworkers are good people.

Cons

The way CEO Lui Damasceno motivates is through fear. He will tear you apart, verbally abuse you, and embarrass you in meetings. He thinks this is how to motivate employees. If you accept a job here, consider yourself warned. If you do business with Brooks, just know the type of person you are dealing with.

"Great Learning Experience"

I have been working at Brooks International full-time

Pros

Access to incredible and experienced mentors
    Opportunities to grow at a very fast pace
    The CEO values employees and makes sure to spend time with both corporate
     employees and the employees who are around the globe.

Cons

The work can be challenging
    Traveling isn't for everyone
    Sometimes the job requires you to work long hours

Advice to Management

Keep providing training to your employees and helping them develop skills

5. "Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Brooks International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent salary and benefits
    Collegial atmosphere
    Supportive management/leadership

Cons

None really - it's competitive, challenging but rewarding

Advice to Management

Keep striving and pushing for success. The cream always rises to the top.

"Tired of False Posts"

Former Employee - Business Development
    Former Employee - Business Development

I worked at Brooks International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As with their competitors, the business model is straightforward and simple. Their office is in Florida

Cons

HR or executive leadership falsely pumps up the ratings of the company on Glassdoor when in fact the management culture and work environment at Brooks is horrific.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be something your not. You need a management overhaul at the highest level...Lui Damasceno

"Reality & Shedding light on recent posts"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Brooks International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company that has been delivering outstanding results for their clients for almost 60 years. To be part of such a heritage is incredible; however, to learn how we deliver is unequivocal.

Cons

There is a former employee posting redundant negative reviews from different users in an attempt to sully the name of my current employer. Likely someone who did not make it and has a ton of time on his or her hands.. This is pretty sad to say the least. In the last post, it states nobody is from NY.. If one truly worked in the field, the most impressive account director on our team, Mr. Jason Hope is from NY as am I. The North Shore of Long Island actually. Move on, best of luck.
    A lot of travel and time is required to succeed.

Advice to Management

Do not pay attention to the posts from disgruntled people who do not belong in front of P&L executives as they are a distraction.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Brooks International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many great people that work together as a team/family.

Cons

Dictatorship leadership. Current fake glassdoor posts by existing marketing and damasceno family members. There are not existing consultants in NY or TX to post reviews and it you read the reviews it is easy to see that they are written in house. look at the turnover and understand the company is going underground.

Advice to Management

Stop running an abusive dictatorship. Allow talented people to do talented things. Stop posting fake posts to increase stats.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Brooks International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I looked at many options before joining Brooks International. I made a short list and chased interviews. Luckily I landed an interview and was extremely impressed with the level of evaluation and the professional experience. It was clear immediately that the firm takes its business very serious. The more I learned the more impressed and aligned I became. They spend significant effort on their employees offering both individual pay for performance incentives and accelerated career advancement opportunities. Now that I am part of the firm I find a war chest of on-line training materials. I can literally develop myself and advance my titles and my income. I for one am very excited to be part of this organization and feel quite proud to be part of this elite team….clearly the place to be!

Cons

Due to high standards some employees can bring negativity and need weeded out.

"Fake Reviews Still Being Used"

Former Employee - Consultant in Seymour, IN
    Former Employee - Consultant in Seymour, IN

I worked at Brooks International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None really to speak of. The only good thing is that people are still posting honest reviews (the negative ones)

Cons

Amazing that the reviews are either a 1 or a 5....nothing really in between. As it has for years, for every honest review, the Brooks machine will provide three false reviews to make it look like the are great and keep their average up. This is Lui's business model and spins it all like a well oiled machine. It's all about the numbers and not the truth. The numbers being the amount of money they can make on projects with made up results and the way they can effect the averages by having "staff" complete reviews making Lui look like a king. The only real issue is that King Lui is like the bafoon from Junglebook.

Advice to Management

Stop the madness and adopt a business model of honesty and not deceit. Stop hiring back the bad ones. They burned you first time around, they will do again. You can't survive with Hope or a prayer.