Brooks International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 31, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Lui Damasceno

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Interesting clients and lots of travel (in 4 reviews)

• Most of the company's clients are Fortune 200 companies and some of them are even located in Europe and Asia (in 2 reviews)

Cons

"Reality & Shedding light on recent posts"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Brooks International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a company that has been delivering outstanding results for their clients for almost 60 years. To be part of such a heritage is incredible; however, to learn how we deliver is unequivocal.

Cons

There is a former employee posting redundant negative reviews from different users in an attempt to sully the name of my current employer. Likely someone who did not make it and has a ton of time on his or her hands.. This is pretty sad to say the least. In the last post, it states nobody is from NY.. If one truly worked in the field, the most impressive account director on our team, Mr. Jason Hope is from NY as am I. The North Shore of Long Island actually. Move on, best of luck.
    A lot of travel and time is required to succeed.

Advice to Management

Do not pay attention to the posts from disgruntled people who do not belong in front of P&L executives as they are a distraction.

"Worst place to work"

I worked at Brooks International full-time

Pros

I was paid my salary. Benefits not bad.

Cons

CEO. Management. Work/life balance. Yelling.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging your people. You are running away talent. The supervisor thinks he still works at a brokerage firm in the 1990s. Your talented people are leaving because you don't treat their employees very well. I was in need of a job and would have stayed for a while but didn't because my supervisor yelled at everyone. I would recommend doing anonymous surveys and see how everyone is really feeling. What works, what doesn't.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Brooks International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many great people that work together as a team/family.

Cons

Dictatorship leadership. Current fake glassdoor posts by existing marketing and damasceno family members. There are not existing consultants in NY or TX to post reviews and it you read the reviews it is easy to see that they are written in house. look at the turnover and understand the company is going underground.

Advice to Management

Stop running an abusive dictatorship. Allow talented people to do talented things. Stop posting fake posts to increase stats.

"Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Brooks International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I looked at many options before joining Brooks International. I made a short list and chased interviews. Luckily I landed an interview and was extremely impressed with the level of evaluation and the professional experience. It was clear immediately that the firm takes its business very serious. The more I learned the more impressed and aligned I became. They spend significant effort on their employees offering both individual pay for performance incentives and accelerated career advancement opportunities. Now that I am part of the firm I find a war chest of on-line training materials. I can literally develop myself and advance my titles and my income. I for one am very excited to be part of this organization and feel quite proud to be part of this elite team….clearly the place to be!

Cons

Due to high standards some employees can bring negativity and need weeded out.

"Fake Reviews Still Being Used"

Former Employee - Consultant in Seymour, IN
    Former Employee - Consultant in Seymour, IN

I worked at Brooks International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None really to speak of. The only good thing is that people are still posting honest reviews (the negative ones)

Cons

Amazing that the reviews are either a 1 or a 5....nothing really in between. As it has for years, for every honest review, the Brooks machine will provide three false reviews to make it look like the are great and keep their average up. This is Lui's business model and spins it all like a well oiled machine. It's all about the numbers and not the truth. The numbers being the amount of money they can make on projects with made up results and the way they can effect the averages by having "staff" complete reviews making Lui look like a king. The only real issue is that King Lui is like the bafoon from Junglebook.

Advice to Management

Stop the madness and adopt a business model of honesty and not deceit. Stop hiring back the bad ones. They burned you first time around, they will do again. You can't survive with Hope or a prayer.

"Challenging but Reward is Great"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Brooks International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started with this company about two years ago. I must be honest this is not a day-to-day routine job that some people would settle with.

Most of the company's clients are Fortune 200 companies and some of them are even located in Europe and Asia. I have been facing different challenging tasks but I have also learned a lot from them. The company put in a huge effort in training and coaching, I have seen many employees grew into well-trained professionals and got multiple raises and promotions in the past two years. Hard work and success will definitely be recognized and rewarded. If you are looking to grow your career, this company would be a good choice.

Cons

Cannot think of anything to complain about.

"Consultant…been with the company for over 1 year"

Current Employee - Consultant in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Miami, FL

I have been working at Brooks International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined this company after significant research of other options. The reason I joined the firm is because I wanted to be a real difference maker. I was not clear originally clear that there are a significant number of differences among firm offerings within the consulting space. Brooks I found to be very unique in that the offering focuses on business impact and leadership in all ways. Clients are facing a significant challenge and we are called upon to deliver an extraordinary outcome. It is highly interesting in that most all clients are fortune 300.

Cons

Additionally, the firm has an extremely thoughtful competency development program. Your career path is totally spelled out and is supported by a comprehensive training program. Brooks takes pro-status preparation very seriously. As some of the posts have indicated it is not for all. The demands are high however the rewards clearly outweigh the demand’s. Most important to all is that you can move your career at your individual pace keeping in mind that you are expected to invest in yourself. So if you are not driven and do not see yourself as a professional and an achiever I recommend you seek a position with a lesser expectation because here at Brooks development and performance is taken quite serious. I couldn’t see myself anywhere else. I really appreciate the “client first” mentality and the firms intensity.

Advice to Management

It would be great to do some more team building activities. I feel is a good way to learn from senior management.

"Worst employment experience ever!!!"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Brooks International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decent. The main pro was the lower level staff (below manager) cohorts I worked with--- generally good people.

Cons

-Staff augmentation shops with zero interest in treating employees humanely at the expense of profit. If you are desperate, I guess you have nowhere else to turn?

Advice to Management

Sell your book, rebrand and rename so you can be found out for what you truly value-- exploitation of employees and clients.

"Business Development Analyst & Operations"

I worked at Brooks International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Business training one receives in a short period of time is life changing. The skills you take with you should you choose another path will put you at the top of any role you pursue.

Cons

It is not easy to compete with some of the talent in the room. When you get into the field, it can be tough if you are not prepared to give it your all, as others are counting on 100%.

Advice to Management

None, thank you for your training, it has made me a better business person.

"Run Away........FAST"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Brooks International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing to list for corporate office or field employees.

Some employees are truly talented, but limited by the toxic environment.

Cons

CEO Lui Damasceno is a severe micromanager, who controls every aspect of every position. He is a verbally abusive leader who rules by intimidation and embarrassment. Lui honestly believes an employee will perform better if he berates and belittles their performance, constantly threatening to fire you.

Lui blames others for everything negative and takes credit for anything positive. The opposite of a productive leadership style that promotes a loyal following.

If you are considering working for Brooks, run away.

If you are considering doing business with Brooks, please know the type of CEO you are dealing with and RUN to the next consultation company.

Many of the business results/benefits presented are inflated numbers to acquire business.

Sales team is housed in a boiler room setting.

Many engagements are ended early or not extended.

Travel is early Sunday through late Friday.

Corporate culture is horrible. Employees walk on eggshells, wondering who Lui will abuse next.

No free-thinking allowed. Lui controls every decision.

High turnover at all levels. No team continuity or cohesion.

Zero diversity in company and bigotry is acceptable.

Fired 1/4 of company on Christmas Eve.

Advice to Management

Lui, you want the truth, unless you don't like the truth you hear. Then you blame everyone else and fail to accept personal accountability.

Show compassion and caring to your employees. Allow them to use their talents. Currently, you are the one getting in the way of your companies success.