Brooksource Technical Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ryan Hasbrook

Pros
Cons
  • The staffing business has its ups and downs (in 17 reviews)

• The staffing industry isn't for everyone (in 17 reviews)

1. "Great Opportunity, Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great opportunities for growth within the company, everyone is promoted from within and you're provided the chance to create your own path
    -It's a young company which makes for a fun culture and great friends at work and outside of work
    -Offers very competitive pay and the chance to earn very good money
    -Great work/life balance
    -Manager/team is very supportive and understanding-- great group of people to work with!

Cons

-I started in a new market so it was a definitely difficult for the first several months but everyone is very supportive and the pay-off was worth it
    -The job can be very stressful and difficult

2. "A great company to transition from college life to the professional world"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Brooksource has an unbeatable culture. It is a family environment. You also have a lot of autonomy to choose what you do in your day.

Cons

There is a lot of emphasis on your key performance indicators, so it can put some stress in your day to day.

3. "#1 Workplace"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brooksource is an outstanding company to be apart of. The culture is always positive, encouraging, and motivating. Everyone in the company pushes everyone to be the best.
    Each market holds a unique family bond, and that is hard to come by in larger companies. There is so much room for growth and leadership opportunities in Brooksource, and every Market encourages you to pave your own path.

Cons

I do not have any negative comments about Brooksource

5. "Endless opportunity"

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working at Brooksource. There is a work hard, play hard mentality, and you will be surrounded by people who want you to succeed. It's a great feeling to be able to help people find great opportunities within IT. I genuinely like the people I work with, and have fun every day meeting and getting to know candidates and managers.

Cons

Staffing is full of ups and downs! Anyone who is in the industry will tell you that.

6. "The only company worth working for in Staffing!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The company has a smaller family feel.
    -The CEO and all managers know each individual by first name and really do their best to connect. with their new employees, in order to make them feel welcome.
    -They pay much better than any other staffing company and allow new recruiters to work overtime.
    -The best place to work right out of college, the culture within each office is incredible! Making the transition from school to work so easy for recent grads.
    -Promotions are so frequent, making the opportunities for younger employees with lofty goals incredibly attainable.
    -Hard work does not go unnoticed here, there is always continual praise for hard workers!
    -A variety of incentives to help each sales rep and recruiter reach their goals!
    -At Brooksource, you truly do meet life long friends who will help you on your tougher work days and celebrate all of your successes with you!

Cons

With any staffing agency, there are many ups and downs but that is part of the industry and working with people, rather than a product. The main difference in working for Brooksource and working for another company is the support system that comes with our agency!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! We really stand out in our industry and our company values truly set us apart from some of the other staffing firms who may not have a great reputation.

7. "Young Company, Excellent Culture, Unlimited Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter - Team Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter - Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Brooksource is a forward-thinking company where employees have the ability to make a huge difference very quickly through one thing: hard work. If an employee consistently does high quality, high volume work, they will be given unlimited earnings potential, the ability to move into new roles, and celebrate every single step of the way.

This is a company where your age and tenure do not define your level of influence. As a 25-year old, I am on a text message basis with the CEO, have the ability to make strategic decisions to improve our operations, and where my voice is heard at all levels. This is a huge motivator.

Cons

This is not a place where you can "go through the motions" and expect success. This is the business of PEOPLE- thus unexpected curve balls, rejections, and tough situations arise daily. A successful Brooksource employee must have thick skin, exceptional optimism and people skills, and an innate drive to succeed- no matter what it takes. Our business requires early mornings, late nights, and a rollercoaster of high's and low's.

Because BIG MONEY comes from commission and success is measured by production, we need do'ers with grit and grind to them.

Advice to Management

Continue listening to those who represent your business on the ground level! By caring about us, listening, and making changes based off of our suggestions, we feel supported and valued. Don't let our company become our competitors- we love working here and are better than our competition because of our culture and influence that we have in our company.

"Technical Recruiter"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Brooksource full-time

Pros

Good workplace culture, everyone is friendly.

Cons

Hard to make good money, bunch of frat stars that think this is still college. Not a good job for a student who went to a business school as they will be greatly wasting their potential and efforts.

Advice to Management

Don't sell the job saying its perfect for the start in business/corporate because its not. Be honest that its meant for HR people. Have more structure.

9. "Brooksource Is Incredible!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is so incredibly nice and tight-knit. Goal oriented and a lot of earning potential. Could see myself here a long time!

Cons

Not much, staffing isn't glamorous.

Advice to Management

You're doing great. Keep growing this amazing company!

10. "Love it"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Work with great people
    -Lots of room for growth

Cons

No cons really, love it!

Advice to Management

None

11. "Best Place to Work"

I have been working at Brooksource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brooksource truly cares about their employees and it is evident in everything that they do. I truly enjoy going to work every day and it is because of my coworkers and the office culture. It is unmatched. They want to invest in your professional and personal growth and everyone actually wants to see you succeed so they give you all the tools necessary to do so. If you put in the work, you will see success and be happy. They way I see it, you spend 40+ hours a week with your coworkers so you might as well love going to work. My coworkers have become like family members to me and I plan on staying with Brooksource for as long as they'll let me.

Cons

The industry is difficult and there can be a lot of ups and downs but if you stay positive, things usually work out in the end. Also, your coworkers have your back and make up for the downs.