Brooksource "staffing industry" Reviews | Glassdoor

Brooksource Employee Reviews about "staffing industry"

Updated Mar 17, 2020

4.2
Brooksource CEO Ryan Hasbrook (no image)
Ryan Hasbrook
Pros
Cons
  • "Staffing industry is challenging(in 30 reviews)

• "Industry (can have its ups and downs, need to be resilient otherwise you will for sure burn out)(in 25 reviews)

Reviews about "staffing industry"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Brooksource Interview"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Brooksource full-time

Pros

Work-life balance and a supportive team!

Cons

Staffing industry is challenging

Brooksource2020-03-17
  2. "Great People"

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

people that care good support system endless commission

Cons

staffing industry can be difficult

Brooksource2020-02-27

"Family Culture; Growth Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Service Delivery Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Brooksource has been my second family for the last 7 years. The culture they have built is truly incredible and you coworkers become your best friends! Leadership is organically grown so everyone running the ship has sat in your shoes as a recruiter which is nice to know we don't have people from the outside coming in. I have seen so much change (for the better) happen over 7 years and seeing all the opportunity available to people who are only 23 or 24 years old is incredible! There is no company out there like that.

Cons

The staffing industry is tough; it is an up and down environment. We are commission driven so if you are someone that doesn't want to put the work in you will not see the results you want.

Brooksource2020-01-10
  4. "Awesome Company!"

Current Employee - Delivery Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been working at Brooksource for almost 5 years now and I've got nothing but good things to say! The culture/environment is second to none and the opportunity for growth is there from day one. What you put in is truly what get out of it, and the sky is the limit in terms of how successful you can be as a recruiter or AE. Everyone genuinely wants to see you succeed and is there to support you every second of the way!

Cons

The staffing industry in general can just sometimes be unforgiving. As long as you have a good amount of grit and mental toughness, there's no reason it should inhibit your ability to still be successful in this field.

Brooksource2020-01-08
  5. "Growth Opportunity & Flexibility"

Current Employee - Professional Recruiter in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I joined Brooksource immediately following my graduation from college 3 years ago. The amount of opportunity and autonomy that this company provides has been amazing. Joining any company directly out of school can be a toss up- you don't know the way of the working world until you're in it. With Brooksource, I truly feel lucky to have landed where I have. I know that no other company would be as supportive or open doors for me in the way that Brooksource has, especially only being 2.5 years in.

Cons

This is not so much a negative on Brooksource, as it is the staffing industry. Staffing is a highly emotional field with a lot of uncertainties. You can execute your job perfectly and things can still go wrong. I think making sure that you have the mental toughness to consider a role in this field is critical.

Brooksource2020-01-07
  6. "Awesome job right out of college"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Collaborative environment -Great leadership! -Company outings and happy hours -Leaders that care about your career growth -True team environment -Ability to make a lot of money if you work hard -Great work life balance -You can get some awesome front-facing client experience -Lots of growth opportunities -Work hard play hard -Make a lot of great friends

Cons

The staffing industry in general can be rough

Brooksource2019-06-18
  7. "Unlimited potential"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited growth potential, unprecedented training and investment into your success.

Cons

Staffing industry really sucks, and cold calling can get grueling

Continue reading
    Brooksource2019-05-21

"Brooksource Invests In Their Employees"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Excellent company culture -Company that truly cares about their employees goals and will provide the resources necessary to get you there -Celebrates successes -World class training programs

Cons

- Challenges of the staffing industry

Brooksource2018-08-27
  9. "Company that invests in you!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Support from Leadership -Positive Morale in a tough industry -Uncapped commission

Cons

-Highs and lows of staffing industry

Brooksource2018-08-27
  10. "High-level Exposure and Responsibility"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’m so happy and fortunate for my time at Brooksource Milwaukee. I joined right after graduation and throughout my 2 years there, I received multiple promotions, grew professionally and personally, and made a lasting group of friends with my co-workers and contractors. At just 2 years out of college, I was presenting our service offerings to C-level executives at Fortune 500 organizations in Wisconsin. I don’t know many other companies where I would have gotten amazing opportunities and exposure like that. The growth potential is one of the main reasons that I loved Brooksource. I voiced an interest in a certain area of the business, focusing on students in IT, and I was able to take on that role a year in to my time there. The Market Directors of each office truly want the best for their market and are hands-on in every part of training, recruiting, and sales. The best part of my job is that I was trusted with, and had the freedom to run my desk and my recruiting how I wanted, but I had an amazing support system from my market director, regional sales and recruiting, and colleagues in other markets. If you’ve ever been interested in recruiting, sales, or even want to explore the IT industry, Brooksource is the best in the business and will be a wonderful next step in your career.

Cons

The reason I left is just unfortunately the IT Staffing industry just wasn’t for me. There can be ups and downs in business and the emotional rollercoaster had me a little exhausted.

Brooksource2018-05-22