Brooksource "ups and downs" Reviews | Glassdoor

Brooksource Employee Reviews about "ups and downs"

Updated Oct 30, 2019

4.2
Brooksource CEO Ryan Hasbrook (no image)
Ryan Hasbrook
Pros
Cons
  • "Staffing industry is challenging(in 30 reviews)

• "Industry (can have its ups and downs, need to be resilient otherwise you will for sure burn out)(in 25 reviews)

Reviews about "ups and downs"

Return to all Reviews

"Unmatched Culture + Lucrative Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Amazing culture (get to work with your best friends every day) - Challenging work (job isn't easy but it's very rewarding and collaborative) - Compensation (base salary is small but un-capped commission can become HUGE very quickly if you're a hard worker) - Flexibility (very understanding of work/life balance and you can have quite a bit of autonomy over your schedule) - Growth Opportunities (if you work hard there are great opportunities to move into management/other promotions very quickly)

Cons

- Industry (can have its ups and downs, need to be resilient otherwise you will for sure burn out) - Very young (all but one person in the Denver office is under 30 years old...enough said) - Benefits (outside of uncapped commission, the rest of the company benefits aren't great, but they've said that this will change over the next few years as the company grows)

Brooksource2019-10-30
  2. "Amazing place to grow your career!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Incredible professional and financial opportunity, amazing culture, entrepreneurial

Cons

None that aren't expected in a sales role: high need to take initiative, ups and downs of the industry and fluctuating commissions based on sales.

Brooksource2019-07-31
  3. "Great Career Choice"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brooksource has an unmatched career growth advancement opportunity with a strong leadership team to support you along the way! There is nothing that you cannot accomplish if you put in the work and the effort. You are afforded the opportunity to have autonomy within your accounts and create a very personalized brand.

Cons

The industry has its ups and downs and learning to ride out that wave can be challenging. You also have to be comfortable creating your own daily schedule/agenda since it isn't given to you.

Brooksource2019-05-12

"Great Opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

The organization provides a lot of avenues for both personal and professional growth. Whether you are interested in recruiting or sales, there are opportunities to develop and step into various leadership roles with varying degrees of responsibility. The company asks a lot of you early in your career which is an empowering feeling.

Cons

There are high expectations and the industry can have lots of ups and downs, many of which are uncontrollable. The job can often be stressful over time because of these uncontrollable factors.

Brooksource2019-04-17
  5. "High-level Exposure and Responsibility"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’m so happy and fortunate for my time at Brooksource Milwaukee. I joined right after graduation and throughout my 2 years there, I received multiple promotions, grew professionally and personally, and made a lasting group of friends with my co-workers and contractors. At just 2 years out of college, I was presenting our service offerings to C-level executives at Fortune 500 organizations in Wisconsin. I don’t know many other companies where I would have gotten amazing opportunities and exposure like that. The growth potential is one of the main reasons that I loved Brooksource. I voiced an interest in a certain area of the business, focusing on students in IT, and I was able to take on that role a year in to my time there. The Market Directors of each office truly want the best for their market and are hands-on in every part of training, recruiting, and sales. The best part of my job is that I was trusted with, and had the freedom to run my desk and my recruiting how I wanted, but I had an amazing support system from my market director, regional sales and recruiting, and colleagues in other markets. If you’ve ever been interested in recruiting, sales, or even want to explore the IT industry, Brooksource is the best in the business and will be a wonderful next step in your career.

Cons

The reason I left is just unfortunately the IT Staffing industry just wasn’t for me. There can be ups and downs in business and the emotional rollercoaster had me a little exhausted.

Brooksource2018-05-22
  6. "What to expect when entertaining an opportunity at Brooksource"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Denver, CO

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The opportunities I've been afforded at this company are incredible. Brooksource truly goes above and beyond for those that demonstrate strong work ethic and the capacity for leadership. Since day one, I've been treated like family. I've never been a part of an organization that places so much emphasis on comprising itself of high-quality individuals. If you have an opportunity to become a part of the Brooksource team, you can expect to be surrounded by incredibly impressive, sharp people that will challenge you to be your best on a daily basis.

Cons

While the organization is fantastic, the industry can present challenges. There are ups and downs that are simply beyond your control. These inconsistencies are frustrating, but simply part of the work you do.

Brooksource2017-12-19

"Young, Innovative, Growing Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Lots of stability and room for upward mobility. Leadership opportunities are presented at a young age. - Earning potential is high after you get you get settled. - The company invests in it's employees very well. Instead of hiring tons of people, the President has invested in new technologies and strategies to make our people the best in the industry.

Cons

- The staffing industry itself has it's ups and downs.

Brooksource2017-06-05
  8. "Professional Recruiter"

Current Employee - Professional Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Amazing culture. Been in Chicago for 3 years and these people have become my second family. You end up not only spending your work days together but spending your weekends and week nights with each other. Close knit group. -Huge potential for growth. I've hit 3 promotions over 3 years. Base salary has increased each time with commission percentages increase each time as well. A LOT of potential to make a lot of money. -Great Leaders. Chicago has two of the best in the business. They align you with where you want to be and truly make this a stepping stone into a long-term career opportunity not a quick place holder.

Cons

-Staffing is lucrative. Lots of ups and downs but comes with being in a heavy sales role. People are our product. It's hard to have a lot of control in an industry like this. -Recruiting/Staffing industry can get a bit of a bad rep.

Brooksource2017-04-27
  9. "Amazing Culture. Uncapped Earning Potential"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are many positives about working for Brooksource. The first to mention is our incredible culture. Here at Brooksource, we foster a culture of friendship and family that transcends throughout the organization. The second is the ability to make a good living at a very young age. Those who embrace the "work hard, play hard" mentality that we look for will see their hard work pay off not only in their paychecks, but in the opportunities that are presented to them. Lastly, we promote 100% from within. Everyone in the organization started in the same position- as a recruiter. We don't promote based on tenure; we promote based performance. If you're a go-getter, odds are likely that you will be in a leadership role by your mid-20's.

Cons

The staffing business has its ups and downs. If you fail to keep the big picture in mind, you might struggle through the roller-coaster that is IT staffing.

Brooksource2017-02-10
  10. "Endless opportunity"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Brooksource full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Brooksource. There is a work hard, play hard mentality, and you will be surrounded by people who want you to succeed. It's a great feeling to be able to help people find great opportunities within IT. I genuinely like the people I work with, and have fun every day meeting and getting to know candidates and managers.

Cons

Staffing is full of ups and downs! Anyone who is in the industry will tell you that.

Brooksource2016-11-21