Found 1,206 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Brown University? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Brown University employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and very easy going" (in 91 reviews)
- "Great people to work with: both the student and non" (in 79 reviews)
- "Flexible Hours; Fun Atmosphere; Great first hand/hands on work with skills relative to my degree; Awesome Experience with Brown Univ." (in 36 reviews)
- "The campus is beautiful and engaging." (in 21 reviews)
- "Staff is friendly and helpful." (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Brown University and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 27, 2023Financial AdministratorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsProvidence, RI
Fantastic work/life balance. Amazing benefits and decent pay.
If you don't have a masters, you will eventual cap in how much you can make at Brown.
- 4.0Sep 13, 2023PhD StudentCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsProvidence, RI
If you are a self-starter, this is the perfect place to make a name for yourself. You can be involved in clubs and committees at a high-level, since there is not much competition for positions. It is easy to network with others at Brown and you can easily find funding for yourself.
Don't expect opportunities to fall into your lap. Don't expect anyone to look out for you either. The professors and those in positions of power often have 2 or 3 other time-consuming responsibilities (i.e. they can be the dean of x, the director of a program, have an R01-funded lab, and run their own biotech company), which leads to reduced group mentality and cohesiveness.
Brown University Reviews FAQs
Brown University has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 1,319 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Brown University to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
91% of Brown University employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Brown University 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.