Browz Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Software Developer Review"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Draper, UT

I have been working at Browz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really easy going and works with different schedules
    Great people and excellent management
    Great product that inspires people to be safe

Cons

Lots of legacy tools to use, so not a lot of chances to write new software
    Their benefits are pretty meh

2. "SCA for BROWZ"

Former Employee - Supplier Compliance Agent in Draper, UT
    Former Employee - Supplier Compliance Agent in Draper, UT

I worked at Browz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great teamwork, loved the management and the job was challenging, but exciting!! I loved my time with BROWZ!!

Cons

The only downside was the fact they let me go for a simple mistake which I tried, unsuccessfully to explain my side. I still hold them in high regard, just wish I was still with them!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, listen to ideas from employees and keep the business growing! It is a great company with an amazing system; way to go!!!

"There's potential, but not yet achieving it..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Browz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In a growing industry, so there seems to be lots of opportunity to learn. Good office location and facility so can attract people all over SLC and Provo.

Cons

We're behind competition in market share, and it's tiresome to be in 3rd or 4th place year after year. Compensation is average, could be better. We're trying hard, but hard not to be drawn to Domo, IS.com, etc.

Advice to Management

Management seems too focused on what competition is doing and thinking they're out to get us instead of just trying to build an awesome company.

5. "Serious Growth Mode"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at Browz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wow, things are moving fast. It's great to be a part of an organization with so much international success. BROWZ continues to add huge, global brands to their client list. Elaine Beitler is an exceptional leader who empowers the company and every individual employee to succeed. Under her direction, BROWZ has become the clear leader in the area of contractor qualification and management. New products and solutions are constantly being rolled out to address the markets needs.

In the last year BROWZ has won a number of awards including, Top 50 Providers to Watch (Spend Matters), Best Mobile App, 2015 Mobby Awards, and has been featured in CIO Review. Most recently BROWZ was selected as a member of The Campbell Institute.

BROWZ is a great career choice for anyone interested in joining a fast growing global organization with room to grow.

Cons

If you're new to the industry, there can be a steep learning curve.

Advice to Management

Love the energy and excitement that grows from this culture!

"Good place for growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

Pros

There is a large amount of growth currently happening at BROWZ, which makes every job description well-rounded. There are many opportunities for growth and to become involved in numerous projects. Everyone is willing to help to get the job done and there is a great sense of teamwork to help this company grow.

Cons

No 401(k) company match, that would be nice.

Nov 30, 2015 – VP Marketing

BROWZ management is committed to the needs of our employees, earlier this year BROWZ announced that a company match is now in place. Please see your human resource specialist for details and thanks ... More

7. "Great company"

Pros

If you are willing to work hard, you’ll find a good home here. It’s true that there is a negative outlook in some areas of the company, I’ve noticed that those who struggle with the company the most, struggle in life the most. Positive attitude goes a long way for developing a culture of change and progression. I am happy to work for BROWZ and feel like it’s a positive experience for me. I feel like they genuinely care about me. I work to be sincere with those whom I work for, and in that, I’ve developed a great working relationship with every manager I’ve worked for at BROWZ.

Cons

There are individuals who are more content to complain than progress forward in life, this is the case at BROWZ and the case everywhere in life. I would love to see more personal and professional development in all departments. Because the company is growing so quickly, there is some trial and error with new processes, this is a good problem to have, definitely keeps it interesting.

Advice to Management

Look for opportunities to build the employees. Some departments are better about this than others. I’d like to see some personal development endorsed at a company level, rather than departmentally. I also think some of the lower management team would do well to have some training about how to be leaders and motivators.

May 26, 2015 – VP Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As part of our commitment to our employees and in order to support our international expansion, management consistently discusses ways to create ... More

8. "A company with many opportunities!!"

Current Employee - Senior Supply Chain Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Supply Chain Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Browz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

BROWZ is a great company to work for if you are looking to break away from a regular 9 to 5 job and find a career. The management team hear is willing to give every resources and opportunity for you to succeed, you just have to give the effort back. With BROWZ growing so quickly there is a place for any skill level and personality. They welcome new ideas and innovative thinking. In my years here I have watched many friends, including myself, grow within their positions and be promoted to new positions. Plus the people here are great to work with!

Cons

With all of the growth that BROWZ is experiencing there are times when we have to be much more flexible and try new ideas to see what works best. With growth comes growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep up all of the wonderful work that you all do!

9. "What a great culture!"

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Browz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked in many different fields, from construction to customer service, and this is hands down the best environment I have ever had the pleasure to work in. The people are all very welcoming, friendly, and are incredibly helpful while you learn.
    They definitely welcome feedback when sincerely offered. The career advancement opportunities are there, and there is some great growth potential. The management I have had personal interactions with have shown genuine care about your growth within the company, and in your personal life.

Cons

The different departments can be confusing at first, to fully understand the scope of the work we do.

Advice to Management

Keep Up the great work!

May 26, 2015 – VP Marketing

Great feedback! Creating a great company culture starts with hiring great employees. Help us maintain that culture by sharing your thoughts and ideas.

10. "Reviewer"

Current Employee - Reviewer in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - Reviewer in Draper, UT

I have been working at Browz part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing company to work for with great goals and a bright future.
    I have been with Browz for 10+ years and could not be happier. This is a company who values their employees - 6 years ago I was going to leave because I was pregnant and they arranged to start a work from home program so that I could still work with the company. I am still working at home and loving it although there are days I miss being in office.
    They are constantly doing fun incentives, activities, pot-lucks, etc. A great place to work if you are looking for a company where you are happy to come to work, like your co-workers, respect and like your bosses, and want to be an appreciated employee.

Cons

Constant changes, have to be willing to adapt to a fast paced atmosphere which might be a con for some. I hate sitting around watching the clock so the fast paced environment is perfect for me.

May 26, 2015 – VP Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. Our management team consistently strives to support the needs of both the company and our employees. I'm glad to hear that your manager was able to accommodate your ... More

11. "Work Hard - Play Hard"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Draper, UT

I have been working at Browz full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked for BROWZ for over 10 years and consider work my home away from home. I have seen a great deal of change in the 10 years I have been on board and most notably within the last 4 years with a new CEO and management from NYC. The dedication from this newer management team partnered with the existing staff who have been here all along has been a rewarding experience. Taking the old and the new and creating growth, internal career paths, and an environment where you can speak up and change a process or work with a team of people to create a new tool or product to support the growth and customer base. It has been exciting to watch us go from a small company with 5 clients to where we are today with our name on the building and continued growth year after year. The open door policy at BROWZ allows employees to voice concerns and learn from the group on the front line who are dealing with our customers what is best for the end user and those supporting the end user. BROWZ has many fun team building activities or other types of get together throughout the year and even within teams internally we are always promoting work hard, play hard with incentives, rewards, luncheons, etc.

Cons

The workload at BROWZ is constant and if you are a high performer who handles stress well and can keep up you will not be just a number or a face in the crowd. You will be known and known well. But as this category suggests, as a con, if you are not cut out for that type of environment and are not performing well you will also be seen and growth will be limited.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Continue to recognize hard work and reward it accordingly. We have a great company mixed of older, more tenured employees and newer employees and working together we can continue to do great things. Continue to listen to the employees who are working in the system daily and dealing with the customer base.

May 26, 2015 – VP Marketing

Thank you for your long term dedication and commitment. We are fortunate to have a great blend of employees, consisting of both new hires and long term employees such as yourself. Our clients value ... More