Brunswick Reviews | Glassdoor

Brunswick Reviews

1.0
Mark D. Schwabero

Pros
  • Good benefits and a great office working environment (in 4 reviews)

• Worked with a lot of great people that i actually enjoyed working with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management very political and if you are not the in-crowd, you have little chance hope of advancing (in 4 reviews)

• Management and upper management relation (in 3 reviews)

"Ineffective (and invisible) senior management."

I worked at Brunswick full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fairly competitive salaries (but bonuses are at the discretion of managers and can be allotted unfairly).

Cons

Employees are set up to fail due to the constantly increasing job duties and projects. Not to mention constant meetings where nothing is accomplished except for the decision to have another meeting. No guidance provided. Managers are ambivalent. Long-term employees are treated differently than others and are not held accountable or disciplined as others are. This was the most negative environment in which I've ever worked. So glad to be gone.

Advice to Management

Pay attention and provide input to employees.

"Run for the hills"

Current Employee - Accounting in Lake Forest, IL
    Current Employee - Accounting in Lake Forest, IL

I have been working at Brunswick full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of long term employees.

Cons

Management sucks. Hardly ever see or hear from those making the decisions. Performance reviews are few, far between, and a joke. The long term employees (mostly useless) are not accountable for poor performance and "new" employees are there to pick up the slack.

Advice to Management

No advice other than 98% of management sucks.

"Inconsistent and deleterious management style, including senior management."

Former Employee - Corporate in Lake Forest, IL
    Former Employee - Corporate in Lake Forest, IL

I worked at Brunswick full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fairly competitive pay and some employees are very dedicated (and long term).

Cons

During my entire 9 year tenure at Brunswick, I was consistently amazed and aghast at the incompetence of the entire Human Resources "team." The failure to take appropriate disciplinary action for clear violation of policy was/is egregiously random. The "Ethics Program" is ineffective and a joke among employees. Also, management, including (and especially) senior management, are very egocentric and fail to foster a positive environment for employees (there is no departmental cohesion). My last six months there, I literally only spoke with both my manager and my senior manager once (my manager spent more time on shopping websites and emailing friends than actual work). It is common knowledge that several senior managers are just biding time until retirement to cash in millions in stock.

Advice to Management

Be more involved and create a positive departmental dynamic. Make employees accountable for violation of policy, including failure of acceptable performance.

5. "A shell of its former self"

Former Employee - Director in Fond du Lac, WI
    Former Employee - Director in Fond du Lac, WI

Pros

Enjoyable product lines with well known names.

Cons

Lack of consistent direction from senior management

Advice to Management

Determine what the future holds for the company. What are the competencies and how to leverage them to make the company relevant in the 21st century. Can you be a viable entity long term