Bryn Neil International Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends

1. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Client Delivery Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Client Delivery Manager in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Bryn Neil was a fulfilling company to work for. The fast track to a first promotion is really satisfying in the short-run. They are willing to give you loads of responsibility and management experience just a few years out of college. This company will thicken your skin, challenge you, and submerge you into the world of competitive technology staffing. The company is still in its early stages, which allows the organization to pivot and remain very agile. Your voice can be heard a lot more than at a larger company, and you really have the chance of seeing your ideas and strategies come to life. If you can succeed at Bryn Neil, you will have ZERO problem performing at very high levels after this chapter.

Cons

Working for this company was fulfilling, but it is definitely not for everyone. The turnover rate within the industry is already high, so do not be surprised to see colleagues leave over the course of time. The BYOD policy can be a difficult adjustment in getting use to, especially if you do not have a brand new personal computer you've purchased after college. A lot of college grads are not ready for the amount of responsibility they can get themselves into at this early of a stage. So you can sometimes feel overwhelmed if you do not know how to handle stress. Technology never works perfectly, but be prepared to dealing with a few speed bumps/bugs on the daily.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing towards the finish line. Don't sacrifice long-term gain, for short-term gratification and what might look good on paper. Be open to lightening the workload, if that includes hiring full-time support up top, for HR, Legal, Accounting, Internal Recruitment Etc. It's easy to spread yourself very thin without realizing it and more important responsibilities like AM/MD support/biz dev may suffer. Continue to be as transparent as possible and make sure employees feel valued. Millennials need constant recognition of a job well done, and things to keep them motivated.

2. "Solid Placement FIrm"

Former Employee - Analyst in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

Professional recruiting and account management staff.
    Although placed for a staffing position, account managers still participated in my on-boarding and continual follow up.
    Decent contract rates.

Cons

Hard to say anything bad. I suppose not having and paid time off accrual.

3. "Great place to work and expanding quickly!"

Current Employee - Client Delivery Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Client Delivery Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Bryn Neil International full-time

Pros

Bryn Neil provides an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to be a leader, and develop a career in the always expanding tech industry. Everyone is given the same opportunity and support in order to be successful.

Also, in El Segundo we recently moved into an amazing new office space with an open environment that allows you to interact with people from outside the firm during lunch, happy hours, and networking events!

Cons

Nothing negative at this time. We're very busy in this office so hiring new people will really help the team.

Advice to Management

We have quarterly meetings with all the leaders from each office, and weekly feedback sessions within each office so advice is passed up frequently and changes are made quickly whenever needed!

4. "Fun, vibrant company!"

I have been working at Bryn Neil International full-time

Pros

My time here at Bryn Neil hasn't been long but so far it has been a great job. The top pros in this position include the opportunity for growth and BYOD. Denver has such an awesome culture and excited to see where this company will go.

Cons

Being here not too long I don't have many cons. Any position will have its cons. The main situation currently is our internet issues but that is something that is being fixed!

Advice to Management

We have very open communication about our needs and wants which is huge in any company, that is something we should always continue and encourage.

"Amazing Growth Opportunity"

Current Employee - Market Director in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Market Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bryn Neil International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Bryn Neil, you get the opportunity to grow at your own pace with the company. After 1.5 years, I was asked to move to a new city to open an office- what other company gives you that opportunity 1.5 years out of college? It is a fun, young environment so you get the chance to meet people that you will, not only work with, but also hang out with outside of work. We recently moved to BYOD (bring your own device) and revamped the office furniture so everything is nice and modern!

Cons

Not many cons since I have made the culture what it is up here in Denver! We have team meetings pretty often, and very open office collaboration in order to understand any issues with the way things are being done.

"Bryn Neil International"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Bryn Neil International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good job to start at especially coming out of college - learning a lot especially in a small company. Opportunity to move up. New comp plan has pros and cons.

Cons

Lots of technical issues coming into a new office in Denver that can sometimes get in the way of getting work done.

7. "High Turnover Rate"

Former Employee - Technical Recruitment Lead in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruitment Lead in El Segundo, CA

I worked at Bryn Neil International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- They make it very clear what you need to do to get promoted from Recruiter to Account Manager.
    - They mostly hire entry level people, work with a lot of other young people.
    - Good way to find out about what is out there in the job market.
    - Learn about the tech industry and different technologies, specifically for engineers.
    - 40 hour week, almost never work beyond that and you don't take work home with you.
    - No commission ceiling.

Cons

- High turnover rate, I worked there for about a year and in that year everyone left except for the managers.
    - Micromanaging every little aspect of your day. Moving up only leads to being micromanaged by the CEO who encourages you to micromanage the recruiters.
    - Super repetitive, everyday involves making a ton of calls, emails and sourcing the same job boards. You will get moved around on different jobs but it's basically the same thing each time.
    - Dress code, guys can only wear blue and white shirts because the CEO doesn't think that 20 something year olds are capable of dressing professionally without guidelines.
    - Managers claim to be receptive to feedback. Based on their actions they are not.
    - There are a lot things completely out of your control as a recruiter, this is not really the companies problem but more of the nature of recruiting. For example, candidates can seem great on the phone and on paper, but be terrible at interviewing or not get along with the hiring manager.

Advice to Management

Put more trust in your employees. The micromanaging does not make anyone feel empowered or confident that they know what they are doing.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager - Client Delivery in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Manager - Client Delivery in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Bryn Neil International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bryn Neil provides its employees with a great company environment and an excellent opportunity for growth. I have been here a year and have already been promoted from a technical recruiter into a Manager role and manager other employees as well as all of my clients. They also give you the opportunity to grow your own business - you have your core accounts, but can also go out and work with whatever companies you want to. Bryn Neil's employees are also there to help you - the senior management acts as terrific mentors and really want you to do well.

Cons

Old Computers in the El Segundo Office

Advice to Management

Keep it Up!

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruitment Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruitment Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Bryn Neil International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Bryn Neil for over 2 years, and the growth potential is huge. The managers give the employees so much support, and are always encouraging you to take risks and reach your full potential. The decrease in hours back to the typical 8 hours a day has been a huge positive cultural influence in the office, as well. We have company sponsored happy hours and events (karaoke, bowling, etc.) every other week, and the team is so fun that you actually want to go and spend more time with them!

Cons

Los Angeles office definitely needs a little upgrade physically as well as technologically. Other offices are beautiful, though! Other than that, no cons!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Great step to take after college"

Current Employee - Client Delivery Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Delivery Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bryn Neil International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Bryn Neil for over a year now, since graduating last summer. I have been able to find my feet in the professional world and I have been given the opportunity for growth, responsibility, sales experience, recruiting experience in a fun and rewarding environment. The training is very regular and very thorough.

Cons

Recruiting as an industry can be difficult. It is unlike any other forms of sales. There are a lot more facets to the sales life-cycle than a standard 'cold calling' job and it can be difficult to juggle in the beginning. However once you get the hang of recruiting/staffing it gets a lot easier.