Buckeye Promotions Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Kai Petrich

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Current"

Pros

Culture. The executive staff fully support the mission and vision of the organization. In addition staff are positively supported publicly and regularly.

Cons

Culture. As the service center is union and a strong precense, there is also a culture of minimal efficiency and enabling bad habits.

"Typical door to door marketing"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Buckeye Promotions Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic training and invaluable experience for anyone hoping to start a career in sales or marketing. The cult of personality is strong and can be contagious for newer, less experienced salesmen. There's is plenty of opportunities for travel, but don't expect the company to reimburse your expenses.

Cons

Bad weeks can feel like slave labor. You have the potential to make anywhere from $1-50/hour. Sometimes you can work 50+ hour weeks making only one sale. God forbid you feel the pressure of making a sale, because the moment you show negativity is the moment the company makes you work in garbage territory. You must must must have an unnatural positive (delusional) mental attitude to work here.

Also your work will become your life, be prepared for that.

Advice to Management

Base pay with lower commission rate would make things better.

"This company is NOT a legit marketing company. They are a door to door sales or MLM marketing scheme company."

Pros

They try to cover their illegitimate work practices by saying the work place is a "fun" work environment by sending you to "conferences"

Cons

This company preys on recent college graduates who have no clue they aren't working for a real marketing agency that has actual case studies to back them up.

Never get involved with a company who doesn't have an actual office, who says they don't care if you don't have any experience because they will train you, who's business name consistently changes, who doesn't over any health benefits or 401k to its employees. If you want to get a valid career in marketing this is NOT the company to do that with.

"High energy environment that focuses on positivity"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Buckeye Promotions Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working here full-time for the past 4 months and have never experienced opportunity and growth in a workplace environment like I have here. Everyone works together to help each other grow and develop into true leaders with an entrepreneurial-based mindset. Hard work pays off here, and I can truly say that what you get out of the job is proportionate to what you put into it.

Cons

This career is a 100% attitude controlled environment, so as long as you can maintain a positive mental attitude and maintain a strong work ethic, there will be no cons. Whether you succeed or fail is purely up to you.

Advice to Management

Just make sure to keep on developing strong leaders like we have here and continue to hold yourselves and your employees to a high standard.

5. "Always Oppertunity"

I have been working at Buckeye Promotions Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are positive in their influence of me and are always trying to make me better. I can really tell that they care about me.

Cons

Not everyone tries as hard as the next person. I have been staying late to make sure everything gets done and people are retrained.

Advice to Management

Management does a good job just make sure training is constant across the board.

"Something wasn't right in the buttermilk..."

I worked at Buckeye Promotions Group full-time

Pros

The pros of this company is evident when you walk in the doors - everyone is there for one reason and one reason only: work. Everyone is working hard but having fun along the way.

Cons

The cons of this company are the hours, lack of communication, and lack of honesty. The job I applied for was not the job I was hired for and didn't even know until my third interview. It was completely disgusting to think of the time I wasted for a position I thought I was interviewing for. When inquiring about my position, I couldn't get a straight answer. No matter the position you apply for, you WILL be doing DOOR TO DOOR sales. On top of this, you will NOT be paid a dime for any work you do - it is completely commission based. No matter the weather situation, you will be knocking on doors.

Advice to Management

Running a successful company requires honesty - be honest with people for the positions they apply for. Its evident, the company is doing something right, but that can only last for so long if the house is not in order.

"Total Scam"

Former Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Columbus, OH

I worked at Buckeye Promotions Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. This place is truly a mess of epic proportions. I am highly baffled by its rating on this website (currently at a 3.7).

Cons

I was 100% scammed by this company. There is so much dishonesty on so many levels. I applied and interviewed for an administrative assistant position, and when I was hired on the first day they had me going door to door selling AT&T. This was never mentioned in the two-part interview process. When I left after the third day, they informed me they would pay me for the products I sold. It's been a full month and I've yet to receive any compensation. Avoid this company like the plague!

Advice to Management

Be honest with your interviewees. This is a door to door sales job! Own that.

"This place is a scam! AVOID!"

Pros

Nice co-workers, they are expanding and opening new offices all over, some of the management is pretty good, learned how to be a good salesman

Cons

They don't tell you everything up front. It's all commission, you basically go door to door trying to get people to sign up for AT&T. You don't earn a penny during training (no hourly wage...nothing), long hours, and to top it all of..you're lucky if you EVER get a check. I worked there for 6 weeks and sold a good number of apps. I never saw a single paycheck! I couldn't afford to work for a company for free basically..still have not seen a penny from them. It's a joke of a company and now I'm behind on my bills

"NOT FOR EVERYONE"

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Gahanna, OH
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Gahanna, OH

Pros

If you want to be a door to doors salesman this job is for you.

Cons

THIS IS DOOR TO DOOR SALES FOR COMPANIES LIKE AT&T!!

Advice to Management

They trick you into thinking this is a legit marketing firm, but it's really just direct door to doors sales. Be honest with people who apply, it's a huge wait of time just to find out your selling a product indirectly that if people wants to buy they could just call AT&T.

Buckeye Promotions Group Response

Dec 7, 2015 – Owner

We apologize for your negative experience with us. We do pride ourselves in being as open as possible with all prospective employees as too what our responsibilities are to our clients. We do make... More

"Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Pros

Understand how to create a pyramid based MLM company. I am getting better at sales. Keeping a straight face being depressed inside.

Cons

Door to Door sales in all kinds of weather. No benefits, commision only. I have been living out of my car and basically homeless. I needed the money and can't find other work. No where else to go. Had to travel to other locations and live out of a bosses basement on a blow up mattress. It is run like a cult. No life I have to work 6 days a week 10-11 hours a day.

Advice to Management

Pay minium wage if a worker doesn't make commision levels. Then fire them if it can't be done...