Buckeye State Credit Union Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 5 reviews

4.8
Michael Abernathy
  1. "Love it!"

I have been working at Buckeye State Credit Union full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I can honestly say that I am proud to tell people where I work, which hasn't always been the case in my previous jobs. At Buckeye, I have the opportunity to work with an amazing group of individuals, and truly make a difference in the financial lives of those that live and work in our neighborhoods.

Cons

We're not a large company, so even though we've been in business for over 85 years, many people in the community aren't familiar with the credit union. We're trying to change that!

Buckeye State Credit Union2018-12-27
  2. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Teller in Akron, OH

I have been working at Buckeye State Credit Union part-time for more than a year

Pros

Buckeye State Credit Union has an amazing training program available! You are always surrounded by an amazing support team that wants to see you succeed. I have been in the banking industry for over 6 years and can honestly say this is the absolute best experience I have ever had!

Cons

I really do not have anything negative to say!

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing job!

Buckeye State Credit Union2018-11-14

Buckeye State Credit Union Response

November 16, 2018AVP, Human Resources

It means a lot to us to know you are enjoying working here! Thank you for the positive feedback!

3. "Enjoyable and Rewarding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Collections Manager in Canton, OH

I have been working at Buckeye State Credit Union full-time

Pros

I love working at Buckeye because we truly practice what we preach – helping our members through good and bad times. Plus, those who work at Buckeye are some of the most friendly, genuine, caring & hardworking folks I’ve ever encountered. It truly is a team environment at BSCU!

Cons

Sometimes we need to have those tough conversations with our members. But, that's just the nature of working in the financial/collections industry. That's not really a "Con" for me, per say, but for some it may be.

Buckeye State Credit Union2018-11-14

Buckeye State Credit Union Response

November 14, 2018AVP, Human Resources

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Glad you enjoy working for Buckeye!

4. "Not limited to one position"

Pros

The promote from within. They actively working to help employees better themselves.

Cons

The ability to get a full 3% raise is nearly impossible.

Buckeye State Credit Union2018-11-27
  5. "AVP, Human Resources"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Human Resources in Akron, OH

Pros

Working at Buckeye goes beyond the day to day grind. Buckeye participates in volunteer events throughout the year to give employees an opportunity to give back to the community. The management team is very open to new ideas, they understand the best ideas from come the member facing employees. Buckeye is a community where everyone has their job to make the community a better place for everyone.

Cons

Sometimes hard decision are made for the betterment of the entire company that is not favorable with everyone. Change is constant for survival though.

Buckeye State Credit Union2018-05-15