Buckhead Business Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Amber French

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "All negative reviews"

Pros

Change your life for the better. Be your own person. Create greatness !

Cons

If you want to be a little mamas boy who does whatever mama says go somehwere else. Soft people are funny to this company because they last 3 minutes.

"B2B salesperson"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Buckhead Business Consultants (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide a lot of useful information about business, management and sales. Very team oriented learning process, along with high energy morning and evening atmosphere meetings.

Cons

Must drive your own vehicle in designated territory.
    The compensation is commission only.
    Gas is only reimbursed after you sell 600$ worth of office supplies go outside businesses.
    Long hours.
    They expect you to be their carbon copies and stick to the script that works for them.

Advice to Management

Be more open about the job description and don't mislead employees to join business trip too early on.

"Great sales experience with zero chance to grow"

Former Employee - Campaign Executive in Cobb, GA
    Former Employee - Campaign Executive in Cobb, GA

I worked at Buckhead Business Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great sales experience with great atmosphere to work in. Great training as well.

Cons

Unable to create relationships with customers. I was not allowed to give out any personal information. Too much time spent at office.

Advice to Management

Let employees spend more time in the field and less in the office. Also, allow employees to give out personal info and create relationships.

"Caution: Approach with major skepticism to everything you are told."

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Buckhead Business Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned that there are people taking advantage of unassuming kids. The one positive from this job is I know now how shady companies can be. It taught me a lesson to really research companies. I now have a much better understanding of the shady way some companies run things and this company is one of the shadiest around.

Cons

Was told by the manager that if she heard me say anything about the company, she would make it nearly impossible to get a new job. If a customer is angry with the shady dealings the company doesn't get the blame the individual rep does. This is a pyramid scheme and the turnover is incredible. A whole new group of employees will be there month after month, because they are quitting the second they realize what is actually going on. The company honestly should be described more as a cult than a company. They will completely isolate you from your family and friends telling you that you only need to associate with people who will help you succeed with the job. No surprise that just means spending every waking moment with the other employees. Look at all the positive reviews, they all say the same exact things. What they don't tell you is that you are going door to door selling office supplies to companies that really have no use for the supplies.

Advice to Management

Everything about Buckhead Business Consultants is a scam. If someone quits because they realize this, maybe try telling the truth instead of ruining a young professionals career opportunities. you list the job saying you will make $35,000-$50,000, but neglect to tell prospective employees that you only make 28% commission on any sale. There's no salary here its 100% commission. The culture is disgusting. I do not think managers should be engaging in relationships with employees and this happens often at Buckhead Business Consultants.

"Sales Representative"

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and grow

Cons

you won't make much money there

Advice to Management

Pay your employees

"Be wary before accepting position"

Pros

Possibility for promotion, If you have a great territory. People are friendly at the office

Cons

Long hours.
    Most of the time you will either be driving or interacting with uneducated small business owners out in the country, with no interest in buying from you. If you are an Intern in college you will likely get a territory that is far away and poor. SO "understand your opportunity" as they say before accepting the position.

7. "Great Company with Excellent Training"

Current Employee - Business Account Consultant
    Current Employee - Business Account Consultant

I have been working at Buckhead Business Consultants full-time

Pros

I joined Buckhead Business Consultants with very little experience. From the day I started with the company, I have been given the tools that I need to reach and exceed my goals. The opportunity is merit based, which is exactly what I was looking for in a company. The skills I have learned has helped me grow as a person professionally and personally. My coworkers hold me accountable to reaching my goals. They are encouraging and patient with my progress.

Cons

The opportunity is merit based. In order to see results, I must have a good work ethic.

Advice to Management

Thank you for encouraging me and helping me real my goals. I really appreciate the time you devote to helping coach and train me to be successful.

"Great Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

During my time here I have gained a ton of new skills sets both personally and professionally. Working here has taught me the value of hard work. I didn't have any sales or business experience when I started and since then I have become a better communicator, more organized and disciplined. I have been taught how to train and given the opportunity to take on responsibilities within the office. Everything that I have learned can be used in all areas of my life not just at work. One of the biggest pros for me has been my financial gain. They harder I work and more effort I put in, the more I make.

Cons

It requires hard work and time, but if you want to be great and have huge success then you have to be willing to put forth the effort.

Advice to Management

You management training programs truly gives individuals an opportunity to grow and learn! Keep up the great work!

"Not for me"

I worked at Buckhead Business Consultants full-time

Pros

Very nice people and fun, young environment.

Cons

The job itself. It's a sales position and the overall process that they have in place is very poor.

Advice to Management

You sell and get discounts on iPads. Here is a thought: buy iPad's for the employees, so they can use them to sell the products.

"Outdoor sales"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Buckhead Business Consultants full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can be good for people who are very sales oriented and don't mind cold calling businesses day in and day out with limited training.

Cons

Very misleading job ads on most sites. Company has man job postings that are for "different" positions but they are all the same position which is cold calling businesses in a given territory on your own day in and day out. Very high turnover and a college degree is incredibly unnecessary as there is very little business acumen needed to sell office supplies.

Advice to Management

Best advice I have for management is to keep doing what you are doing as there isn't much else that can be done for a glorified pyramid scheme.