Buckingham Strategic Wealth Reviews | Glassdoor

Buckingham Strategic Wealth Reviews

Updated Oct 1, 2019

4.0
Buckingham Strategic Wealth CEO Adam Birenbaum (no image)
Adam Birenbaum
  1. "A rapidly rising company with exceptional leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

I have been working at Buckingham Strategic Wealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Buckingham for a little over 7 months now, and I can say without hesitation that you would be hard pressed to find a better company culture. The firm is constantly demonstrating its commitment to associates, both in career growth and personal wellness. The benefits package is extensive, the workload is very manageable with significant flexibility, and the leadership is entirely in sync with... every department. If you ever find yourself stuck on a project or unsure of where to go with a question, there is a true open door policy. I can say from experience that it’s a huge relief knowing you can rely on your coworkers, especially when you are new like I was and still learning the ropes.

Cons

Working in Clayton can be expensive (eating out especially). Small con, but worth noting!

Advice to Management

Buckingham's management is consistently showing that they are willing and able to invest in the firm as a whole, and through countless instances, show they are are fully invested in associates growth and development.

Buckingham Strategic Wealth2018-11-21
  2. "Amazing potential with room to grow!"

Current Employee - Office Support Specialist

I have been working at Buckingham Strategic Wealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and benefits; congenial atmosphere. Fast-growing.

Cons

Some minor gaps in on-boarding of new employees (IT and HR),

Advice to Management

Incorporate feedback of Wealth Advisors who actually deal with clients vs. mile-high view from academics when making policy--there's a place for both POVs that will benefit clients.

Buckingham Strategic Wealth2019-10-02

"Work Life Balance"

I have been working at Buckingham Strategic Wealth full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They offer Empowered Time Off which allows for me to schedule appointments for my kids and myself without being completely stressed.

Cons

The traffic to work is rough.

Buckingham Strategic Wealth2018-11-06
  4. "Associate Wealth Advisor"

I have been working at Buckingham Strategic Wealth full-time

Pros

Great company atmosphere, nice benefits

Cons

Long time to get promoted

Advice to Management

Invest more employees, promote quicker

Buckingham Strategic Wealth2018-10-17
  5. "Amazing Company with Better Benefits."

Pros

It's cliche to say each company puts their employees well being first, but Buckingham puts their money where their mouth is. From the first day, the welcome feeling you receive is outstanding. Each person offers to help if you need it, but they also give you room to grow within your department. On top of the job being fantastic, the co-workers genuinely care about how you are doing, what your goals are, how to... help you achieve your goals and if you have other areas you would like to focus on.

Cons

Compared to every other job I have had, I have no cons to this job or this company. This sounds cliche as well but coming from a broker-dealer to a wealth management firm is like coming up for air.

Advice to Management

Continue keeping everyone in the loop regarding what is happening within the Company. It is nice to see such a hands on Board and OpCo and I would love to see this continue!

Buckingham Strategic Wealth2018-09-24
  6. "Intern Offered Full-Time Position and Relocation Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Buckingham is a rapidly growing RIA with new opportunities constantly popping up for associates who want them. I joined the firm as an intern going into my last semester of school, and was offered a full-time position for after graduation. With our current growth strategy (both organic and through M&A), there are countless opportunities for promotion and relocation. What drew me to Buckingham was... their desire to hire based on cultural fit, rather than role-specific fit.

Cons

With any company that is experiencing this type of growth, there are going to be growing pains that are felt on the operational side of the business.

Advice to Management

Continue to collect feedback from the client services & operations teams. We're on the front lines using our new technology, and best understand what is working, and what isn't.

Buckingham Strategic Wealth2018-06-20
  7. "data operation associate"

Former Employee - Data Operations Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Buckingham Strategic Wealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

The environment is good and colleagues are nice.

Cons

Little room for development and not a lot of tasks sometimes

Advice to Management

None.

Buckingham Strategic Wealth2017-09-21
  8. "Flexible, Focuses on development of associates, Caring people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

*12 weeks paid FMLA *I have a Team Leader who cares and really wants to see me succeed *Empowered PTO - allows me to be at my kids's events and appointments when I need to with no guilt or pressure *Lots of opportunities for associates to learn & grow through the different development programs

Cons

*Lots of change with a growing firm

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your associates - know that with all the change that comes with a firm that is growing as quickly as Buckingham there will be associates who are slow to change and that is OK! Allow us to accept the change at our own pace.

Buckingham Strategic Wealth2017-04-28

"Property manager"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Buckingham Strategic Wealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits, lots of locations and comparative pay.

Cons

Lack of communication and support. If you upset upper management they shout you out.

Advice to Management

Be fair and allow voices to be heard by everyone not just the favorites.

Buckingham Strategic Wealth2017-04-14

"Not Recommended"

Former Employee - Associate Wealth Advisor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Buckingham Strategic Wealth full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pros of working at Buckingham include: - They pay well and have good benefits - There are many people across the company to help you with questions. - The investment philosophy makes sense. However, they are beginning to introduce new "alternatives" that are expensive and have a high turnover. These investment options go against the low-cost, nearly passive approach that they've preached for years,... which is a worrying sign.

Cons

Cons of Buckingham include: - Antiquated Technology. For example, everyone has a desktop computer. Their CRM is an extremely old Microsoft system. In addition, their internal systems are slow, clunky, and outdated. Their financial planning software is a cheap, off-the-shelf option that is very limited in what it can do. - As an Associate Wealth Advisor, you're forced to spend your time on what many would call... "operations" jobs. These can be a huge time suck (e.g., sending reports and bills to clients), and it doesn't make sense for an AWA to do them. Much of that type of work should by done by admins. - The company has no interest in hearing constructive criticism. They think they're doing everything well already.

Advice to Management

The biggest threat to innovation is internal politics and an organizational culture, which doesn't accept failure and/or doesn't accept ideas from outside, and/or cannot change. Don't treat your employees like commodities. Encourage feedback from your employees. Invest in better technology.

Buckingham Strategic Wealth2016-12-06