Buddy's Home Furnishings Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Sales manager"

I worked at Buddy's Home Furnishings full-time

Pros

You always get paid biweekly

Cons

Nothing to say about it

2. "Suck-ups get promoted"

I have been working at Buddy's Home Furnishings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun for the most part, decent pay, fast pace, mostly friendly environment, never a dull moment.

Cons

Promotes by how well you kiss butt not by performance, poorly managed, efforts go unnoticed, work comes before family, no family time, 2 separate days off, rarely get approved for requested days off, preach "by the book" , but make you cut corners & then down you for it.

Advice to Management

Promote by performance, ask all employees about happenings in the stores not just GM & assistant. Realize we have families & lives outside of work. @DM's, Don't come into your new district & change everything without first watching how well it already works. Not broke, don't fix it. Just because some of us don't kiss up, doesn't mean we aren't promotable. Let your GM run their store. Give pointers, go over new stuff/promos/ideas, but let them run it until the numbers start to drop or complaints start to pile up, then, by all means, fix it.

3. "Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Buddy's Home Furnishings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun place to work

Cons

fast pace hard work long hours

5. "don't believe everything they tell you"

Former Employee - Credit Manager in Florence, SC
    Former Employee - Credit Manager in Florence, SC

I worked at Buddy's Home Furnishings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none that I can think of

Cons

long hours, poor upper management, antiquated computer system. poor product line, no room for advancement. company closed our store without any heads up, laid entire staff off.

6. "Working here Changed me"

Former Employee - Credit Manager, Sales Manager and DT in Lincolnton, NC
    Former Employee - Credit Manager, Sales Manager and DT in Lincolnton, NC

I worked at Buddy's Home Furnishings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of room for advancement. Compensation is really good with bonuses. Retail hours so no early mornings or late nights.

Cons

There is a lot of room for advancement due to the high turn over rate. Problems with structure of management and work life. Cheap cleaning and repair supplies and an even cheaper training program. Used furnishings often lack the care needed to be sold "like new." As a dt you find yourself doing the credit managers and sales managers job for them. As well as being stuck cleaning and repairing something with bad tools and cleaners. As management, you are encouraged to pass on duties to dt. You often have to see items that are used as "good enough" to be out on the sales floor. Management is often not a good match which leads to some sketchy decisions. If working credit you have to be comfortable with borderline harassment to your late customers. Things you have to do often take a tole on you. If you are a good person it is possible to loose your self respect.

Advice to Management

Increase compensation to make the job worth it. Owners need to spend more time with management to work out kinks in the system to make a better name for company. An investment of time needs to be made on how to increase the quality of the preleased items. Quality of management needs to be assessed. Needs to be focused more on keeping customers by presenting quality products with friendly employees. Service seems to be an issue. If the store can not replace a quality product with another quality product then service will not be satisfied.

7. "Great company with opportunity to advance"

Current Employee - General Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - General Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Buddy's Home Furnishings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation. You set your paycheck based on your performance. You can build a store to make a better living. Communication from corporate to stores is great too.

Cons

Long hours if you don't perform. If you can't work smart you'll work hard. But either way expect to work at least fifty to sixty hours a week

"Sales manager"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Buddy's Home Furnishings full-time

Pros

Not sure if there is any.

Cons

Constantly working. I don't see kids. If they are active forget being able to go. Pay sucks. They hirr new people in at more than what current employees make. Can't see your check stub online until after you get paid

Advice to Management

Learn that your employees have a life outside of work.

9. "Accounts Manager"

Current Employee - Accounts Manager in Longview, WA
    Current Employee - Accounts Manager in Longview, WA

I have been working at Buddy's Home Furnishings full-time

Pros

Great benefits, Great Pay, Great people

Cons

Hours are long split days off

10. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Buddy's Home Furnishings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've had a great experience working for the franchise here. The owners have been really good to me. They are fair and kind. Growing company so you can advance really quickly. The compensation is performance-based, so if you're a go-getter, you can make a lot of money. The store is like a family and the camaraderie is awesome. The work is fun and the day goes by really fast. I worked for a competitor (Aaron's) and Buddy's is by far the best company to work for in the Rent-to Own industry. I feel like a real member of a team and not just like a number.

Cons

Collections can be tiresome. Customers are sometimes difficult. Hours can be long.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping it real!

11. "Run away if you don't like rent to own"

I have been working at Buddy's Home Furnishings full-time

Pros

The pay is decent, plenty of hours, coworkers felt like family and laid back work environment. Good business learning environment

Cons

No family life
    Poor store management, field visits become annoying but must be done. GM expects you to do his job

Advice to Management

Speak and treat customers and employees better. Don't speak to subordinates about other employees and communicate better with customers instead of delegating