Buffett Senior Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Harrison Burdett

1. Featured Review

"More about Buffett Senior Healthcare"

Current Employee - Regional Director in Brent, AL
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Brent, AL

I have been working at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A typical day at work: I have a 4 day workweek with 3 days off, every week. I travel short distances, meet with clients at preset appointments that the company schedules for me, tell them about the changes to Medicare and how they might be affected individually, and help with any questions or concerns they might have

Cons

Paperwork to get appointed with all our insurance companies, making sure your applications are filled out properly, correctly, and completely. Just b/c you think you submitted an sales application correctly doesn't mean it will get issued and paid on unless you make sure and check their websites on a daily basis. This is more of a new associate (first 4 weeks) than for a veteran because we know how to fill out an easy ONLINE application!

Advice to Management

Teach them how to fill out their apps correctly and let them know filling out an app is worth nothing unless they properly submit the business to the insurance company. Also, REQUIRE only online apps. Paper apps are outdated and those newbies that for what ridiculous reason want to do paper apps need to be transferred out of the ETPAD to another division, PLEASE! They are pain in the rear and only whine to management. Doesn't have to happen.

2. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for Buffett for about 2 months. I was starting to really make great money and feel if I could have stayed I would have made tremendous income due to their front commissions and their stacking monthly residuals I would have otherwise earned. Unfortunately, due to personal reasons beyond my control I had to leave my position. Their management is great, the training is outstanding, and the opportunity to truly protect the growing senior population is a great feeling... not to mention the income and growth potentials you have while providing the very best products on the market.

I feel I should say that you should consider the source of any negative blog commentary. After all, considering the source of that information... FORMER failed salespeople many whom were essentially terminated in a few weeks on staff for neglecting to follow their given training and communicate with their managers and refusing additional online and field training (basically, they aren't holding themselves accountable, but rather blaming everyone else for their failure). If a person fails it hurts their ego, so would they ever really say some positive about their former company?? Oh, and understand that many negative commentary I have seen just has to be competitors pretending to have worked for Buffett that are really just try to knock on them to beat them down b/c what they have blogged is totally NOT true.

The company is legit. It is NOT a scam, NOT a multi-level marketing deal, they're NOT out to take advantage of people, etc... They are simply looking for the person that is the right fit for their particular model in each of their divisions and desires an opportunity to grow their character, potential, and income over time as they continue to learn more and more about their products and their target markets.

It is true that you have very long hours due your 2-3 months learning curve, many have an income downtime other than base pay during that period b/c some catch on quick and others are slower learners, there can be a lot travel depending on where you live, and the preset appointments are not perfect. After all, if the appointments were all sales, would they really need us to go sell for them?! No, they'd just sell them through the mail or over the phone and there would be no need for salespeople.

I hope this helps you.

Cons

Leaving curve, long hours, travel (if in the ETPAD of Buffett... exclusive territory preset appointment Division)

Advice to Management

Reply to those negative reviews that no doubt are not true, defend your company, I am!

"Buffett Zip-Lead division"

Current Employee - Zip-Lead Division - Field Sales in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Zip-Lead Division - Field Sales in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Over the last three years they have been renovating many of their lead-based sales distributions autonomous from their largest producing Exclusive Territory Preset Appointment Division (ETPAD). However, as of the 2nd Quarter of this year, they have announced the opening of their new Zip-Lead Division. This actually replaces two other of our lead divisions where I started, except this one is much better (I was one of sales people that volunteered to be a part of the beta testing).

The new Zip-Lead Division provides higher quality prospects, travel only within zip codes, no lead charge, and markedly higher commissions.

The Zip-Lead division provides us leads only by zip codes and to a specifically targeted demographic. This virtually eliminates the travel required by many of our competitors (of which one I used to work for!) that furnish leads to their salespeople, many also charging for their leads.

Cons

While not a negative to me, but maybe to some... we just officially opened the doors to hire new people this month, so those that join our division are literally getting in at the ground floor. Some may think that is scary. I see it as a tremendous opportunity.

Advice to Management

Why are we only hiring in 6 states? I know we could hire in all 50 states. I say let's do it. Why wait?

"Bait and Switch Interview"

Former Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I think the best thing about Insurance is Selling to consumers, visiting in their homes. Listen to their life story. Their retirement plans, family, traveling, etc.

Cons

Having a co tell you that training and leads are provided , then during the interview phase learning that you will have to pay over $1,000 for Training and you will be paying for you leads. Not what was in the ad for employment , yet you will be shamed for not wanting to " invest in your future" ! I have worked for a Warren Buffett / Berkshire Co. Aka: Clayton Homes. In my experience no body makes money but the top managers and Warren Buffett. There are far better pay schedules out there and you should never hAve to Pay anything to get a job! Regardless of what anyone says. Paying for yr Lic , test and finger prints should be enough! Good Luck!

"Promoton to Management"

Current Employee - Sales Producer in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Sales Producer in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was able to get promoted to management in just six weeks. I followed what I was taught at SMTA and was able to become one of the top producers on my team. Now I have producers reporting to me and I get to teach them how to become top producers as well. Not only do I get to compete against other teams, but I also get override commission!

Cons

Management is not easy. It needs a lot of hard work and leadership. However, Buffett has provided me with tremendous support by showing me how to become a good leader and how to manage a team of more than 10 producers. Their management training is just exceptional.

Advice to Management

Open up more positions. I want more teams to compete against. I want the challenge!

"Field Producer"

Current Employee - Field Producer in Jackson, MS
    Current Employee - Field Producer in Jackson, MS

I have been working at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love being able to have a 3 day weekend. I am able to balance my time between my family and work, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Cons

This needs hard work and commitment, but the reward is HUGE.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding

"AMAZING training"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Buffett Senior Healthcare provided me with the support I needed. I did not have any experience in Sales. After getting accepted in the Exclusive Territory Preset Appointment Division (ETPAD) and going through the Sales Marketing Training Academy (SMTA), I was able to increase my income exponentially. The best part about this job is I get to help the seniors in my area!

Cons

Being that I did not have any sales experience at first, I was somewhat nervous at first. However, after training and going through multiple presentations, my confidence boosted and I became one of the top producers on my team.

Advice to Management

Let's continue the expansion and open more positions!!

"Giving back to the community"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Buffett Senior Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My favorite part is being able to help the seniors in my community. In addition, I get to make a significant income doing so. By far, this is this the best job I've ever had.

Cons

It took a lot of hard work to master the presentation, but with all the support and training I had from Buffett Senior Healthcare, I was able to become a trainer myself.

Advice to Management

I want more people to join my team, let's continue to expand!

"It's rated F+ folks!"

Former Employee - Field Sales in Las Cruces, NM
    Former Employee - Field Sales in Las Cruces, NM

Pros

Nothing good can be said.

Cons

This is an F rating first of all. I'm surprised it's still around. They don't give any perks, your on your own or a long distance call away. Paperwork is ridiculous. And good luck getting paid. The "pre set appointments are a joke. Who ever does this must not know the area at all because they will have you going in every direction for miles. I don not recommend this company!

Advice to Management

They're a joke

"Outside sales"

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Toledo, OH

Pros

Very involved training and daily assistance for learning there's sales techniques

Cons

Not near as many leads and very few new contacts for making sales. Mostly cold calling and door knocking. Up front $

Advice to Management

Have more qualified leads