Builders Mutual Insurance Employee Reviews about "builders mutual"

Updated Oct 24, 2019

4.6
Builders Mutual Insurance President and CEO John Boggs
John Boggs
Pros
Cons
  • "I am appreciative of the culture at BMIC(in 5 reviews)

• "Not a lot of career growth due to being a small company so if that's your thing, look elsewhere(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "builders mutual"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Builders Mutual has an incredible company culture with an amazing work life balance, which is evident in the 37.5 hour work week. They have an onsite gym, and other programs that encourage a healthy lifestyle. Everyone is very friendly and always eager to help, which helps drive a very successful company culture.

Cons

I have not seen any cons so far.

Continue reading
  2. "Generally Speaking Overall Great Company"

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Builders Mutual is overall a great company to work for and some of the positives of the company that I like are; the casual atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and there is a real positive vibe throughout the office. The work life balance is the absolute best! You get half days on Friday's, they promote from within, the company values your career growth and continued education and they a lot of fun office events.

Cons

There really isn't anything that really stands out as a con, but if I had to pick something I would say because the company has been growing so much so quickly the on-boarding/training isn't as organized as I'd would've liked.

3. "Collections Supervisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing place to work and grow. Builders Mutual cares about their employees. Wonderful senior management. Anyone will love to work and grow here.

Cons

So far y dont see any cons.

4. "CSR1"

Current Employee - Csr1 in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I recently started with Builders in the Customer Contact Center and I can't say how supportive, knowledgeable and helpful everyone is. I have been introduced to employees in every department and I can honestly say that I never met a kinder and welcoming group of people before at any job I ever had. the benefits and pay is great as well as the perks you receive just for working for Builders. I look forward to working with this company for a long time! From the Culture to the transparency, I can go on and on about how great it is to be a part of the builders family.

Cons

The only downside was that I didn't find Builders Mutual sooner! No cons that I have heard of or encountered.

5. "Underwriting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Builders Mutual has a great culture that makes it easy to come to work in the morning. The management holds employees accountable and operates with a servant leadership model. Builders invests in their employees by sending them to classes to help sharpen their skills and expertise in the industry. Also, work/life balance is the best that I've seen in the industry. Compensation is on par with industry standard; offering employees great benefits like health insurance, short & long term disability, 401(k), etc.

Cons

The systems are a little outdated. There is a systems review in progress so this will possibly get better in a couple of years.

6. "Relaxed. Professional. Happy to come to work."

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance

Pros

Builders mutual has an incredible culture. Management seems to truly care about its employees and it's reflected in the low stress yet professional environment throughout the organization. For example, there is "Friendly Friday's" where every employee is able to leave at 2:30 each Friday, year-round.

Cons

There's a lack of defined career paths within the company. However, this may be department specific. There's far more positive than negative at this company.

7. "Built on Relationships"

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance for more than a year

Pros

Builders Mutual prides itself on developing relationships with its customers and it shows in the way they do business. They also double-down on this approach with their employees. Creating a culture that gets the best of of the employees by treating them like family is what makes this a great place to work.

Cons

Dealing with growing pains as we transition to a larger company.

Continue reading
  8. "Builders is a Great Place to Work!"

IT Business Systems Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance

Pros

Builders Mutual is a great place to work!~ They provide their employees with the tools, the training and the environment to get the job done while at the same time creating a work environment that promotes a healthy way of life and the flexibility to balance work and life.

Cons

The only downside for me it the location, with traffic I can sometimes spend up to an hour in commute each way.

9. "Great"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly environment, wellness programs, great benefits. You can tell by talking to former employees, which are not planning on going anywhere, that the company is great and allows you to grow and learn a lot

Cons

No cons yet, the company is continuously growing and they are doing good so far. Keep the good work Builders Mutual!

Continue reading
  10. "New Hire Experience"

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

From the moment I entered in Builders Mutual I felt welcome! The company is well organized. The team members are great. They are very friendly and make you feel at home.

Cons

If you live outside Raleigh, prepare yourself to spend time commuting to work. Traffic is congested almost every day.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 English Reviews