Builders Mutual Insurance Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Oct 5, 2020

4.6
Builders Mutual Insurance President and CEO John Boggs
John Boggs
Pros
Cons
  • "I am appreciative of the culture at BMIC(in 5 reviews)

• "Not a lot of career growth due to being a small company so if that's your thing, look elsewhere(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Amazing company with a great group of people. Incredible work culture."

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Undisclosed Position

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance, culture, GiveBack initiatives

Cons

behind the industry curve in technology

2. "Exceeds all my expectations !"

Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great leadership, thriving work environment, excellent work-life balance promoted from all departments, promotes from within, freedom to work at your best pace, great teamwork from everyone! I honestly couldn't believe how positive this office environment is, everyone you work with encourages you to ask questions and assist in anyway possible. I feel very fortunate to work for such an amazing company!

Cons

There really isn't one thing I can think of!

3. "A Company for Workers"

Current Employee - Premium Auditor

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

employee oriented and great work/life balance, focus on wellness of employees, huge strive for cooperation between employees & departments, great benefits, quick response time for any questions,

Cons

A few different systems to learn but manageable.

4. "Great Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - ASR

Pros

Great work/life balance and amazing benefits. Overall is an amazing company to be a part of.

Cons

Only con is technology wise a little behind the times. Some things done can make you want to scratch your head.

5. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Claims

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very employee-centric. Great work/life balance.

Cons

I don't have any at this time.

Continue reading
  6. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Builders Mutual has an incredible company culture with an amazing work life balance, which is evident in the 37.5 hour work week. They have an onsite gym, and other programs that encourage a healthy lifestyle. Everyone is very friendly and always eager to help, which helps drive a very successful company culture.

Cons

I have not seen any cons so far.

"Culture, Culture, Culture."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Accessible upper management, family-like atmosphere, incredible culture. Fringe benefits on top of fringe benefits. 37.5 hour work week which directly contributes to work/life balance, an on-site gym (that’s small, but growing), above average pay (at least in my position). There are ample opportunities to grow that I’ve found, such as classes offered internally that are meant to inform about the culture of the company, internet and email security, how to use Microsoft suite effectively, as well As other programs used in every day work life. They offer compensation for taking insurance licensure courses, as well as cover the cost of said courses. Very open to advancement, with programs that allow you to shadow/intern with other departments and learn from experts in your chosen field.

Cons

Small company (pro and con), limited available jobs. The reason I put small company in the con category is because it makes things like switching direct deposit accounts, adjusting benefit selections, etc more of a paperwork headache than a large corporation with the capability to do it on an online portal. The fact that there are limited available openings is simply due to the fact that there is low turnover in most departments, which is a good thing. I did feel like these were the closest things to cons that I’ve seen in the three months that I’ve been employed.

Continue reading
  8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

First thing I want to say is that this company has "The Best " Work / Life balance in all my years in Corp roles. You will actually like going to work with the team everyday, and be paid well with great Corp like benefits. The strategy is almost like creating a winning team culture where as an outside individual you just want to be a part of the winning team. It's a great place to grow if you desire growth or if you just eant to be stable and steady . The company really supports career growth through guidance and training classes. You even get perks for taking development courses. I came in from another industry so I was concerned about transition time but Training was Great! Even within a really good onboarding program the training staff still promoted feedback to get better or even ideas to take it to the next level. I can see so many opportunities for my own personal growth within the company.

Cons

No Cons, just more positive mentions: Only work 1/2 day on Fridays, Healthy workplace, free gym onsite, healthy vending, company-provided fruit during the week, Run and Walk friendly campus. Plus many more perks... My only regret, I should have joined this company sooner!

Continue reading
  9. "Generally Speaking Overall Great Company"

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time

Pros

Builders Mutual is overall a great company to work for and some of the positives of the company that I like are; the casual atmosphere, everyone is very friendly and there is a real positive vibe throughout the office. The work life balance is the absolute best! You get half days on Friday's, they promote from within, the company values your career growth and continued education and they a lot of fun office events.

Cons

There really isn't anything that really stands out as a con, but if I had to pick something I would say because the company has been growing so much so quickly the on-boarding/training isn't as organized as I'd would've liked.

10. "Great Employer"

I have been working at Builders Mutual Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competent management Great work life balance Great team atmosphere

Cons

Technology a little dated Growing fast

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 English Reviews