Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services Reviews

Found 22 reviews

3.6
Norbert Hohlbein
  1. "Customer Service Representatives II"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Rocklin, CA

I worked at Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Very positive environment without the stress of micromanaging aspect of other places. Room to train and promote within the company and lots of activities for the employees.

Cons

Referrals for positions is really slow and not a lot of clarity.

Advice to Management

Perhaps give more open information as to the compensation salary bands and more PTO.

Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services2019-04-27
  2. "When work is not a job."

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Rocklin, CA

I worked at Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Senior management treats employees with respect and values their contributions. The finest people that I've ever worked for.

Cons

That due to no fault of Senior management in Rocklin I no longer am employed there.

Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services2019-02-25
  3. "Crap Management"

Current Employee - Underwriter

I have been working at Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice building, decent co workers, good snack machine

Cons

lack of knowledgeable management and structure

Advice to Management

Fire them all and start fresh

Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services2019-03-08
  4. "Ok company to work for."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The work is easy to work on. Its simplified to make sure that anyone can do it, as long as you have patience to learn. You are also able to move up if you work hard, and are serious about working

Cons

Each department has their own cliques. There's no team building. Once you get seated at your desk, you have to pull teeth to try to get a different desk placement, especially if no one wants to be by your other cubicle mates. Phone calls make it like a call center workplace with phones going nonstop. Poor staffing makes you feel like you cannot take any days off because of the immense workload.

Advice to Management

Please communicate more with employees

Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services2019-01-14
  5. "Horrible company"

I worked at Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services full-time

Pros

fellow colleagues are nice and decent

Cons

Lies, politics, lies, family owned, cover-ups, management has no clue how to run their dept, mandatory OT, vacation requests revoked due to a lot work, high turn around rate, and the personality test is the biggest joke, HR has no clue even if you showed them in plain black and white the policy. They will actually ask you to take time off and find another job if you are not happy. Save yourself the trouble and avoid...

Advice to Management

stop worrying about your bonus and start caring for the people who work their butts off to get you that bonus.

Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services2019-01-03
  6. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Promotion opportunities, Amazing sales staff, Patient and Knowledgeable Managers and Supervisors. Opportunities are endless if you are open to be a team player and be willing to bust your butt to get ahead. Benefits are great. Managers and CEO's push you to be the best and they acknowledge your success. Company is on the leading edge of technology pertaining to the small business quoting and binding.

Cons

Like any large corporation it takes time to get some things done. Patience will get you a long way here. Sometimes you can get lost in the shuffle with a company of over 200 people.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. No one is perfect! Dont be afraid of delegation. The slackers will weed themselves out. The employees will help you determine who will be the go to people.

Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services2018-09-06
  7. "Misery loves company in the Inside Sales Dept"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Roseville, CA

Pros

Benefits, Product, and location. Good place to work if your quiet and anti social. Must be able to tolerate gossip, lies, and harassment. It all sweet in the beginning but once you are productive and set the bar high for other co workers they will try and defeat you at any angle, even if it’s a make believe one. Older employees don’t like the youth making them look bad I suppose. Especially ones that make 3x less production...

Cons

There’s a handful of employees who shouldn’t be working in sales. Spoiled rotten, no customer service skills, no team players, sorority house chicks. Ownership let’s them get away with anything based on favoritism.

Advice to Management

Work On looking at all employees from the same level, instead of playing favorites. Not everyone is telling the truth and not everyone is after the success of the company. Might as well shut down the inside sales department since they operate like children. Hire better management that properly evaluates situations instead of sweeping things under the rug until things hit the fan. Practice what you preach and don’t kill...

Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services2018-09-06
  8. "Flexibility and innovation"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rocklin, CA

I have been working at Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The Company is consistently improving each year I stay, which makes me want to continue to stay. A large part of that, at least in IT is due to management. Because they show us they care, it makes me want to give back. While I don't always get the work I want to do, they will usually try to assign tasks based on desire and ability. This department is strong on encouraging and helping personal and professional growth and...

Cons

Communication between departments. This has been a focus of improvement lately though.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Your doing it way better than any others I have had

Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services2018-03-23
  9. "A technology company that sells small business insurance."

I have been working at Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services full-time

Pros

Excellent work environment and focused management. Technology and AI play an important roll in the company's 10 year business plan. This is critical in an industry that is advancing rapidly in the technology space.

Cons

The company is now in its 20th year and is moving from a small business to enterprise. With that comes challenges of staffing and processes.

Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services2018-03-14
  10. "Geeks would love it here!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Rocklin, CA

Pros

The people are incredibly passionate about their work, bright, and supportive of each other. Supportive culture lets you make your mark without worrying about the political angle. Flexible working hours and all perks that you expect from a good company.

Cons

I have not really had any downsides working here as a Software Engineer. Truly a great place.

Advice to Management

Just maximize usage of people's knowledge on specific domains (in particular related to technology innovation and technology trends)

Builders & Tradesmen's Insurance Services2018-03-07