Bulldog Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Randy Watson

1. "Great company who really cares for and takes care of their employees!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bulldog Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The love all of their employees and do everything they can to take care of us. Great group of people who work hard and love to have fun as well.

Cons

I haven't found one yet, other then my commute.

2. "Bulldog is a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Bulldog Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Passionate marketers who like to innovate for their clients in order to deliver marketing solutions that deliver impact. Tech team is very talented.

Cons

At the time there was a lot of change in leadership. Now the organization has refocused on the integrated marketing programs for their clients. They split off a software company that was creating some of the distraction.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow your team members by providing training through lunch and learns and industry presentations. Ensure the account teams have enough resources to deliver for the clients without stretching your team members too far.

"So happy to be on this team"

I have been working at Bulldog Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome day-to-day environment with people who work really hard and have fun while doing it. There are no politics, no "not my job, not my problem" attitudes, no BS. After working in a more stuffy, corporate atmosphere for a while, it has been a pure joy to be at a company where the executive team actually cares about their employees, which in turn leads to stronger work and less turnover.

Solid benefits, unlimited PTO (when you don't treat employees like children, they work harder and respect you you enough not to take advantage - kudos!), relaxed dress code (as any agency probably is), lots of company activities and events, great HR manager.

Cons

None so far! Apparently some of the computers are ancient and could use an upgrade, but not a huge con in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! You've created a really positive atmosphere, and have hired hard working people that inspire each other to keep it up.

5. "I have never had a company treat me as good as my mother. So helpful and have great rapports with all other co- workers"

Pros

Its a great, modern, cozy wonderful place and so upbeat

Cons

There's many challenges daily, but we all help eachother brainstorm, to ensure projects gets done

Advice to Management

Ypu are doing an awesome job, keep up the good work

6. "Security"

Pros

Great company very professional and understanding

Cons

Communication to everyone through company

"Nice culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Bulldog Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly people, focused on taking care of their clients.

Cons

Homegrown software not as good as advertised.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on clients & employees to maintain the culture.

"Just can't get it right."

Pros

On good days, Bulldog is a fun place to be with a strong group of people who care for each other.

Cons

- Turnover. There's always a problem when there's high turnover. Ask a lot of questions about this if you are interviewing there.

- People with unclear job roles, overlap with roles, general confusion esp in Acct Services.

- Trouble growing the company. The company hasn't really grown past 50-60 employees despite lots of talk about how "next year" is gonna be the big one.

- Career path. Small company, high turnover, always filling gaps.

- Salaries. I took a significant pay increase with another company.

My personal experience was negative, and I had several friends that I brought in to interview who had negative experiences either as candidates or employees. I ultimately stopped referring people, and then I had to ask myself if that felt right (working for a company that I didn't want to refer into). The answer quickly became NO.

Advice to Management

Get it together with Acct Services, and fast. Get clarity around job titles.

"Work with the best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bulldog Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

At Bulldog, you get to work with super-smart, dedicated people with a passion for client results. I spent three and a half years at Bulldog and left for a significantly higher salary, but came back in less than a year because of the great people, positive culture and challenging atmosphere.

If you come to work at Bulldog, here's what you can expect:

1. If you have great ideas and the will and motivation to carry them out, you will get the attention of everyone (all the way up to the CEO), regardless of your age, experience or tenure with the company. Try to get that in most organizations!

2. If you are smart, motivated and willing to take on challenges, you will find opportunities to learn and excel.

3. Because you will be surrounded by other smart, motivated and experienced people, you will feel like you've earned your MBA after your first year here.

However, if you are just along for the ride, you might want to keep looking.

Cons

Full disclosure - over the past four or five years, we've experienced some growing pains and directional challenges. All companies have that. Over the past year, new focus, changes in upper management and a lot of bright new folks have joined the team, and the future for Bulldog is brighter than ever.

Another point worth considering - we are an agency, and that often means an uneven workload, with client needs always coming first. You might see a season of "nine-to-five" followed immediately by a season of twelve-hour days. It's a bit of a roller coaster sometimes, but you don't have to pay a hundred bucks to get into the theme park! Your manager realizes you have a life outside work, and you will get the flexibility you need to make it work.

Advice to Management

Things are moving in the right direction. Keep it up!

"One of the best companies I've ever worked for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Bulldog Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of room to grow, they invest in their team, provide lots of incentive to do a great job. When you're doing your job well, they make sure to tell you. Everyone gets along so well and there's little to no ego getting in the way of doing good work. The team is incredibly smart. I joined the team right after a transition period and I feel like things are really moving in the right direction. The work/life balance is great, management is incredibly flexible and family-friendly, and they don't just TALK about making things better...they're actually doing things to improve the culture and make the company an even better place to work.

Cons

There needs to be a little more structure around the creative process, but this is something that management is actively trying to improve. Would prefer a flexible PTO structure rather than accrued.

Advice to Management

Keep taking action. As an employee, it's great to know that you're listening and taking steps to make this the sort of place we're proud to come to every day.

"Brilliant people who care + a vibrant, homegrown culture"

I have been working at Bulldog Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bulldog is one of the absolute coolest places to work in Austin. The team here is genuinely committed to solving really complex problems for B2B companies with highly creative, highly technical solutions. From an organizational standpoint, it's cool that they've put equal focus on building two practice areas: creative + technology expertise. Seems like most agencies only get one of those right. From a cultural standpoint, it's very genuine and transparent. The company has a weekly meeting every Friday morning where cool topics are presented by internal and guest speakers. The blog, community volunteer initiatives, sports teams and most recreational activities... all are organized by employees. The offices are about to see a big makeover (but they're already cool) and the company is hiring tons of new talent right now. New leadership also seems very energized to grow the company in a thoughtful manner. Really excited to see where this company goes in the next few years!!!

Cons

The computers and other technology could use an upgrade. But I think this is something that the company is working on. Communication & collaboration can be a little challenging for remote employees (not sure that's unique to Bulldog though). Sometimes there are going to be long days & a little work on the weekends; but that's not because the company forces anyone to do that... it's just a hard working crew of people. Bulldog also isn't a place for people that need lots of process. Most of the work requires smart, experienced people that know how to jump in & get the projects to the finish line. People that aren't self-starters or need lots of direction & supervision will really struggle at Bulldog.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring more talented people to fill out any skills gaps.