Bullhorn Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Bullhorn Founder & CEO Art Papas
Art Papas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great at managing work-life balance" (in 13 reviews)

• "The commitment to employee development and continuing a great culture seems to always be at the forefront of the Senior Leaderships initiatives" (in 21 reviews)

1. "Awesome & Exciting"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not only does Bullhorn offer incredible benefits and flexibility, but I’ve also been given an awesome experience to learn and launch my career in a growing tech company. There is no company like this in STL - a winning combo of excitement, challenge, and fun. Extra bonus: the people here are the greatest.

Cons

As the company has grown, there will be growing pains. There can be times of turbulence. During these times, there is a lot to experience and learn which can be exciting and valuable.

2. "Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Incredible People
    -Incredible atmosphere
    -High potential to move up within the company

Cons

-Very fast paced environment- might not be for everyone.

3. "Bullhorn truly cares about people"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bullhorn's mission is to create an incredible customer experience, but what has impressed me the most is how leadership is constantly focusing on how to make Bullhorn's employees have an incredible experience working for the company. The culture is phenomenal, and the benefits seem to always be improving - such as 4 months of paid parental leave! Bullhorn truly cares about family bonding which makes for happy employees.

Cons

Bullhorn has been acquiring companies like crazy, so if you're afraid of change and working in a fast-paced environment, it's not the company for you.

4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My manager was very encouraging and concerned himself with my career path. He understood that I wanted to make a move to Sales, and he took it upon himself to talk to fellow managers and even tell me about a job opening that I ended up getting. My current manager also shares these same concerns, and I feel that I am constantly pushed to improve and keep moving in the right direction.

It is also clear that the company is continuing to grow, which is exciting to be a part of. Our CEO is very transparent with us about what is going on behind the scenes.

Cons

Very busy with all of the acquisitions going on.

"Great place to grow"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you want to start or grow your career, this is the place.

Cons

Fast-paced environment may not be the place for everyone.

"Great Company With Opportunities for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked at Bullhorn for several years in multiple departments in roles ranging from entry-level to leadership. While not without flaw, Bullhorn is easily the best employer I've worked for.

On an individual level, I love that there is always an emphasis on preparation for the next role. Conversations regarding a personal career path and professional growth have always been a priority in my experience. I also appreciate the opportunity to be myself and freely express my thoughts and opinions whether that be in my day-to-day role/responsibilities or in one of the many "extra-curricular" groups (Allies, HERd, BH Cares, meetups, etc).

As an organization I'm excited about our growth and expansion as it creates opportunity across the board for advancement. In addition, I feel like upper-management (C-level, executive team, etc) really do care about the well-being of their employees. While change can't always occur overnight, Bullhorn listens to the concerns of the employees and adjusts as necessary to ease concern, and in some cases goes above and beyond to course correct, in lieu of just doing what is expected.

On a personal note when I was an individual contributor, after a significant and unexpected change in leadership in my department, CEO Art Papas sought me out during a company happy hour while he was in town to ask my thoughts and concerns regarding the change. I felt like he was legitimately interested in knowing my feelings and wanted to give me the opportunity to ask him any questions I had. This small conversation empowered me as much as anything at Bullhorn to that point and left me knowing that my voice was valid, heard, necessary, appreciated and valued.

Cons

We are a quickly expanding company and with that comes change and growing pains which can create stress for some that are not accustomed to working in an evolving environment that sometimes requires patience and a tolerance for ambiguity.

Generally speaking, we're also a very outgoing and personable organization which can at times be difficult for someone who is exceedingly introverted.

"Disappointed."

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst

I worked at Bullhorn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, very nice people who mean well.

Cons

Leadership young. Was shocked when the F bomb coming out of the mouth of people. Unprofessional. Lacked depth and empathy that more life experience tends to bring.

Advice to Management

I have reached out to Art to discuss. I do hope he contacts me for some constructive feedback.

Bullhorn Response

Jan 8, 2019 – Leader and Talent Business Partner

I'm really sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience at Bullhorn. I'd like to learn more about the incident your referenced. Can we please talk? megan.butler@bullhorn.com

8. "Great Place"

Pros

Free lunch and breakfast and unlimited vacation

Cons

Work life balance
    Deadlines
    Very into culture

"Marketing Operations Specialist"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bullhorn has nailed its corporate culture. Everyone does their job well and has fun doing it, because they can be their full selves at work. Bullhorn really cares about the development of its employees.

Cons

Bullhorn has been growing like crazy, so there have been some growing pains, but senior management has reacted appropriately, and the pains are subsiding.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on an incredible employee experience and they will continue to create an incredible customer experience.

10. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a great deal of freedom in Bullhorn's work environment. Self-motivated individuals who enjoy problem solving thrive in this environment. Management is also extremely receptive to suggestions regarding improvements. The result is that you have a large number of highly motivated individuals dedicated to improving the company and ultimately the customer's experience. I have not worked with a better group of people!

It doesn't hurt that we are also given a great benefits package!

Cons

I cannot think of anything worth mentioning.