Bullhorn Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Bullhorn Founder & CEO Art Papas
Art Papas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great at managing work-life balance" (in 12 reviews)

• "The perks are great as you really get chances to meet and engage with fellow coworkers free lunch on Wednesdays and first Thursday outings" (in 21 reviews)

"Love this place"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

The leadership of this company has a deep commitment to creating a strong, value-driven culture. They care deeply about both the customer and employee experience. That’s why they’ve been market leader year in and out.

Cons

Bullhorn doesn’t tolerate bad behavior and people who play politics. Those people get asked to change their behavior or leave. I feel that’s a pro, but if you’re that type of person, being confronted with reality can make people uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, please!

"WORK AT BULLHORN"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, amazing medical benefits, free lunch on Wednesdays and breakfast on Fridays, relaxed dress code, opportunity to grow within the organization, company happy hours, overall AMAZING environment

Cons

Parking & the environment is fast-paced (Con if you don't thrive in this environment)

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

Bullhorn has really great benefits and I LOVE working with all of my coworkers! Bullhorn puts a lot of effort into making sure that both their customers and their employees are happy.

I came in at an entry level position and have had amazing opportunities to grow and learn here. I feel I have lots of growth potential ahead of me.

Upper management takes the time to get to know their employees and listens to any concerns or suggestions they have. It feels good to get the chance to talk one on one with them.

Cons

I would like to see more women in management in tech related departments.

"Leader"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

A fantastic place to work. It is a dynamic, innovative, and fast paced environment. This translates into incredible opportunities for everyone.

Cons

Not a thing comes to mind

"Exciting Growth"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

Excellent culture, great benefits, wonderful coworkers.

Cons

Growing pains, can sometimes be difficult to be heard at such a big company.

Advice to Management

Focus on quality of skills and qualifications more than tenure.

"Growing Company with Growing Pains"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours, Unlimited vacation, Growing company leads to opportunity

Cons

Unlimited vacation: Both a pro and a con you can take off as much time as you need but you still have to do the work. There are not enough people per team to evenly distribute work load or ownership of projects. So your time off is stressful since you are a single point of failure all the work backs up onto your plate.

Growing Company: Upper Management is trying lots of different approaches and tactics to alleviate the growing pains, but they were not helping. It leads to lots of stress and difficulties for small teams.

Internal Communication and Awareness: There really really isn't any.

Pay: It appears the company is happy to let talent go and replace and retrain with fresh faces eager for their first job. Leads to retraining and internal structure difficulties.

At the time I left the Company was hemorrhaging talent due to any one of these issues above. Made it difficult to work their with the constant turn over and restructuring.

Advice to Management

Build solid teams. Pay competitively prior to a person's 2 week notice. Recognize the internal teams and give them what they deserve. Help your employees grow and they will help you grow in a healthy stable manner.

While I am not a fool and everyone is replaceable at a company, remember that replacing someone takes time, patience, and training. This can cause friction and difficulty for teams that spreads like a virus. In my opinion this is why retention is important when a company is growing.

Bullhorn Response

Jun 5, 2018 – Talent and Engagement Specialist

We value our employees, and don't want anyone to feel this way. I'd like to understand your concerns more, please reach out to me at h.smith@bullhorn.com?

"Amazing work culture in an ever growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing culture! Very inclusive and respectful about gender and diversity.
    Good for people who like to work in a fast paced environment.
    Good growth opportunities for people who want to explore ahead,
    Great at managing work-life balance.

Cons

There are some wage gap issues. Good thing is - Management is aware of this and is actively working towards a resolution. Hope this is addressed soon.

8. "Focused"

Pros

This company is focused on being the best solution for recruiters.

Cons

Moving quickly sometimes comes at the cost of making the best decisions.

"Technical Support Analyst / Customer Support Specialist"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

Great benefits. Health, dental, and vision is very good and doesn't cost much.

This could be an awesome company to work for, but unfortunately the starting path of T1 isn't what it used to be. Hopefully that changes.

Cons

Leadership here doesn't listen much to T1 advice. Expect a lot of rough patches that last a long time. Most of what makes this position bad could be easily resolved, but it looks better on a report that we do a lot of work with less than the required amount of people.

The pay should be higher for this position because the quarterly bonuses have become very hard to obtain due to always being understaffed.

When things get crazy, the buck tends to get passed down to support for us to do the legwork. You will be asked to do more and more and given less time to do it. Unfortunately they don't staff up until they've pressed the limits of support to the maximum and people start quitting.

Although they "promote from within" you won't get a promotion unless you find a clique. Work ethic doesn't help promotions here so you'll want to be socially outgoing and go to after-work events.

If you have any interest in a career here, never bring up anything negative to leadership. Once you do that, you're pretty much tainted.

Advice to Management

Quit obsessing over reports and listen to the people that do the Job 40 hours a week.

If you are going to continue putting your advancement in the company above the entire support team, then get rid of the Being Human core value.

Be honest with the Support team about what to expect. False hope about things getting better is frustrating when the time comes and we are told it's not going to be like it was before.

Lastly, Support needs a pay raise. We handle a huge workload while multiple team leads and/or supervisors will fumble over one ticket for a couple hours every day... pointless

"An amazing place for Everyone"

Current Employee - Positive Femal Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Positive Femal Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great career growth, advancement, mobility. Cool women's group - HERD!! And an Allies group that is focused on creating a great workplace for everyone.

Cons

We are growing really fast.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing -