Bullhorn Reviews | Glassdoor

Bullhorn Reviews

Updated April 13, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Upper-management is very approachable and they really are committed to maintaining a great culture (in 15 reviews)

• This company is winning at work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

"Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bullhorn (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bullhorn is a great place to work if you're willing to work hard and put in effort. I have always felt like my hard work and dedication has been rewarded. The people that I work with are amazing and always willing to help out when needed and I feel like I have a lot of advancement opportunity within my department (and even outside if I should ever express interest in changing things up). I feel respected and valued every day that I come to work and that alone makes this one of the best companies that I've worked at!

Cons

As some other reviews have already stated, with a company growing as quickly as Bullhorn has, there have been some growing pains. For me, this hasn't really been an issue, but I can see where some people might have a tough time with things constantly changing.

Advice to Management

When developing employees to grow their careers at Bullhorn, it would be good to have a clear plan of action on how to get there. Sometimes it can feel like you know what the next step is, but you aren't really sure how to get there and a little more guidance is needed/appreciated.

Dec 8, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Reading your Pros made me so happy; I hope everyone feels valuable and respected, because all of our jobs are critical to Bullhorn's success! I'm responding a few months after your post, but want you ... More

"Great experience!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

This was a great experience! The HR and Talent Acquisition team welcomed me with open arms and always had positive constructive feedback. As far as internships go, I wish this one didn't come to an end!

Cons

I don't have any complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work here, I only see a bright future for Bullhorn.

Sep 13, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Why, thank you! :) We so appreciate all of your hard work this summer!

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Boston, MA

Pros

Culture is amazing
    Internal Promotions Happen -- often
    Growth is available to employees multiple different ways
    Bullhorn does a great job hiring great people to work along side with

Cons

Communication could be better between departments (typical with any corporation)

Advice to Management

You are awesome!

Sep 13, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

YOU are awesome! We are continuing to strive for seamless cross-departmental communication; thank you for the reminder.

5. "Extraordinary Culture, Cutting-Edge Technology, Best Decision I Could Have Made"

Current Employee - Leader and Talent Business Partner in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Leader and Talent Business Partner in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Transparency, consistency, follow-through.

I had a number of interviews at Bullhorn and what stood out the most to me was the consistency I heard from each of my interviewers. Oftentimes hiring team members have different perspectives and motivations for the position looking to be filled. This wasn't the case at Bullhorn. Each and every interviewer seemed to be 100% aligned on what they were looking for, and it was very refreshing.

Since I've started, this consistency has held true. There have been no "surprises", and I've actually been happier with my role than I thought I'd be--which isn't always the case. If anything, the position was undersold to me. I'm extremely excited to have joined this team!

Cons

Literally nothing comes to mind so far.

Advice to Management

Keep living the culture you've cultivated. Morale is high, and our leaders "walking the walk" is a big part of that.

Aug 12, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

This is all great to hear: that your role was clearly defined, and that those expectations have been met since you started! We appreciate your feedback, and are excited that you've joined the team ... More

"Great company, but very cliquey"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

Good products, passionate team, great location and office

Cons

Departments are very cliquey. It's very hard to develop relationships here.

Advice to Management

Try to break down the clique behaviors.

Jul 18, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for this feedback! It's a bit surprising, as we do work very hard to break down divisions between departments with our monthly First Thursday events and annual summer outings. Next time you ... More

"What direction are you going?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Bullhorn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many pros to working at Bullhorn. Cool office and happy hours once a month.

Cons

Downside to working at Bullhorn is there is absolutely ZERO communication between teams at Bullhorn. If you need something from another team good luck getting it. Not only that but upper management seems to have no idea what they are doing. For the last 15 years they have been one of the top ATS on the market but then drastically make a switch to a subpar CRM... The Upper Management has no idea what direction they want to go in and are only investing in the CRM leaving the ATS to suffer.

The lack of direction of Bullhorn is evident by the amount of upper level staffers jumping ship.

Advice to Management

Focus on the product and not the amount of money you will make when you sell.

Jul 12, 2016 – CEO

I'm sorry you have such a negative view of the company, our products and even me personally. You probably know I take stuff like this pretty seriously, even if it is wildly off base :). Why don't you ... More

"Former Employer Giving Great Praise"

Former Employee - Former Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

Bullhorn has created a dynamic culture with awesome people. I left Bullhorn to pursue a different career path that was not offered at Bullhorn and since leaving I compare the companies I have worked for and the culture at Bullhorn kills the rest. The people are all awesome to work with and the constant growth has been great due to the great leadership from the CEO Art and down to the entry level employees. Art has set a great example for a company that he truly cares about and shows a passion for. The perks are great as you really get chances to meet and engage with fellow coworkers free lunch on Wednesdays and first Thursday outings!

Cons

Comp can be better but that's everywhere else.

Advice to Management

Be transparent as much as you can and keep trucking!

"Good people, bad work/life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

The people really are great. I've enjoyed working with just about everyone at Bullhorn, both within and outside of my department. Everyone works hard and is invested in their jobs. I think this is the product of good hiring by HR and the overall social nature of the company (e.g. "First Thursday" where the company pays for drinks at a local bar once per month). The office is really cool, too.

Cons

There's an unspoken expectation that you will be available all the time, and chances are your boss and colleagues work late frequently. I'm constantly checking my phone for emails or IMs from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed. It also seems like it's getting more difficult to move within the company. People get "promoted" but these promotions seem to frequently be slight title changes for the sake of claiming promotion.

Advice to Management

Value your existing employees who have already proven themselves to be contributors. There's so much proprietary knowledge required to succeed at Bullhorn that when someone leaves, it puts a tremendous strain on the rest of the team.

Jun 17, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

There's a ton of solid feedback in this review; thank you!! We all work very hard. However, it is not our expectation that you are required to be available at all times outside of work hours. I ... More

"QA Engineer"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Culture
    On the Job Training which is awesome
    Get to work on lot of cool features
    Great colleagues who help each other always
    Vacation policy is the best

Cons

No Cons but pay scale can be improved

Advice to Management

Keep building cool apps and maintaining the culture

"Great Place to Start"

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Bullhorn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun Laid Back Atmosphere
    Very Diverse Group of People
    Free Lunch Wednsday
    Beer Fridays

Cons

Call Center Environment
    Customers will be challenging
    A lot of emphasis on meeting metrics

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work