Bullhorn Reviews | Glassdoor

Bullhorn Reviews

Updated November 22, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This company is winning at work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

• The perks are great as you really get chances to meet and engage with fellow coworkers free lunch on Wednesdays and first Thursday outings (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Communication between departments isn't what it could be, but that's something management has identified and is actually working to improve currently (in 7 reviews)

• It's a fast paced environment where things change on the dime; some may view that as a con (in 7 reviews)

1. "Exceeds expectations"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I read the reviews on glassdoor before my interview and was a little bit skeptical because they were so good. I've been with the company a little over a year now and it has exceeded expectations. The people and the environment are the best that I have been a part of.

Cons

Not really the company's fault, but it's my first time working in Clayton and I have to pay for parking.

Oct 25, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for contributing to our good reviews- and I'm glad you gave us a chance despite them! ;) Your parking comment seems to be common for the Clayton office; we'll continue to look into... More

"Dedicated to an Incredible (Internal & External) Customer Experience"

Current Employee - Professional Services in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High-fives, fist bumps, and general congratulatory atmosphere when colleagues achieve successes. Living core values with pride and genuine excitement across the org when we crush a client deliverable. In its growth phase, awesome opportunity to contribute beyond ones role, paving the way for advancement, and exposure to roles and responsibilities one might not yet be qualified for on paper. Leadership who care about the human behind the work and encourage balance with personal/family life. In-office gym encourages healthy lifestyle & our women's group, HERd hits social and professional needs.

Cons

Cross-department collaboration has been a challenge in the past; working through that in earnest with specific, actionable plan and a clear expectation from top leadership that this is important. Resourcing and streamlined processes have been areas of opportunity creating less-optimal balance with work-life; both have been actively addressed. Only real con today is that I travel too much, so have been missing colleagues back home!

Advice to Management

Continue encouraging individuals to take risks and make suggestions. It's awesome knowing we have a "safe zone" to try new things and there's a general openness to suggestions. This allows us the opportunity and responsibility to keep from keeping "below the line" with complaints, encouraging the "above the line" active involvement in the path to improvement.

"Sr. Project Manager"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bullhorn has taken the time to document processes so coming in as a new employee doesn't take long to get ramped up. The Management is there when you need them but not overbearing or micro managing you.
    The people that work at Bullhorn in my building as well as other locations are extremely helpful and friendly. The culture is unique in current workplaces. Bullhorn promotes people quickly and makes sure you know your options for career path. The employees truly enjoy being around each other. For a company this size I have never seen any office politics taking place. Food is provided frequently and happy hours monthly, it is a great way to get to know people from other departments.

Cons

I have found only a few cons and they are related to my position not to the overall organization. Additional interfaces are needed between software solutions being used to eliminate duplicate entry - Management is aware of this and plans are in place to take care of it.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about the employees. Because you care the employees are happy and truly care about our clients.

"LOVE it here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bullhorn is amazing. I've never met such a smart, fun, motivated, happy group of people all working in the same place. The new office is beautiful. I feel super supported and happy to come to work every day. So happy to be here.

Cons

None yet! Everything is great!

5. "Working with the best crew"

I worked at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

I really miss the Vancouver team, they were the tops

Cons

As with any big operation, sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing

Oct 25, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Our Vancouver team IS awesome! Please do keep us in mind for the future.

"Still the best tech company in town"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture/environment here is fantastic. Leadership is strong. Collaboration within and between departments is easy because Bullhorn employees truly care about each other. The perks and benefits are nice—far exceeding those offered at other St. Louis companies—but the relationships I've gained and the direct link between my efforts and moving the business forward are what I value most.

Cons

I honestly can’t come up with any notable cons. This is the best place I’ve worked in my career.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing and keep listening to your employees. We all want what’s best for Bullhorn and (as you know) some of the best ideas we’ve had have come from employee feedback.

"Could be a fun place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing co-workers. This is a great place to get started if you lack real-world technical experience.

Cons

The pay is below-market. Inter-departmental communication is lacking. The sales and third-party implementation teams don't have a clear understanding of product functionality, leading to dissatisfied customers and unnecessary technical support interactions.

Advice to Management

Improve communication. Make sure third-party vendors know what they are selling and implementing. Retain good employees.

Aug 11, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

One of the "pros" we often get is the ability every employee at Bullhorn has to make an impact. As a Technical Support Analyst, you're getting first-hand feedback from our customers- share... More

"Some Good, Some Bad"

I worked at Bullhorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The coworkers here were among the best I have ever had. They genuinely care about each other and it feels more like a friend/family environment. The company also promotes being healthy at any given opportunity. The health benefits are great for the options available.

Cons

In support specifically, the company has slowly been shifting toward the call center mindset. This is counter intuitive to the work necessary to assist clients best. Through this gradual move, more and more employees are needed to help a single client and this causes more unnecessary stress to the employees as there never seems to be enough time to complete all the necessary work. Also, the cross-department communication has become more difficult as processes have been put in place. Lastly, employees are judged by the work based on the core values, but this is hypocritical as management frequently does the opposite of these core values.

Advice to Management

Listen to the concerns from your employees. Believe in the core values that were put in place in ALL employees. Simplify communication between departments.

Aug 7, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We used to be a mainly phone-only organization; now we do chat, phone, tickets and more. With these new channels, it's important to have measurement systems and KPIs so we know how we're doing. This... More

"Great Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Principal Architect in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Principal Architect in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They treat their employees really well, and are very good at allowing a good work/life balance. They make sure you are working towards your goals in your career

Cons

Lack of communication between teams

"Technical Support Analyst"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits. They literally can't be beat. Lots of fringe benefits like unlimited coffee, snacks, monthly and yearly outings, free lunch and breakfast on some days. The support department has fun activities on fridays like mini golf, carnival games, and one day the management brought their dogs in for a visit!

Cons

Rapid changes can be hard to keep up with, but that's the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on creating both a great employee and customer experience.