Bullhorn Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2019

4.0
Bullhorn CEO Art Papas
Art Papas

"Beware: Remote analysts paid less than in-office analysts"

Current Employee - Support Analyst

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's not much to say here really.

Cons

Bullhorn is very hard to learn, and it's even worse when you're sitting at home with no one to lean over and ask for help. Training does not prepare you in the least. Office perks such as snacks, lunch/breakfast, and monthly outings are non existent for you since you are sitting at home. Support is based in St. Louis so be prepared to work 8-5 St. Louis time. regardless of where you live. And none of that compares... to you being compensated $3000 less than if you worked in the office in St. Louis. The catch is that they are no longer hiring office support so promotion prospects are very slim since the people in the office have so much more experience.

Advice to Management

Did you think people wouldn't find out or did you not see the inequity here? Either way shame on you!

Bullhorn2019-05-06

May 8, 2019Senior Vice President, Client Services & Support

We are committed to providing an incredible employee experience. I am sorry that your experience at Bullhorn has not met that goal. Our pay structure is based on the market ranges within each market we operate. Atlanta, Boston, St. Louis, Work from Home have their comp driven based on the ranges set by the market. It is also important to note that people who commute to the office on a regular basis have out of pocket expenses and commuting time that factors into what the market dictates. Our Work from Home program is new and we are still adapting. We will continue to enhance the training experience and invest in tools and processes to optimize the Work from Home experience.

"Great Place to Learn"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

Company culture is highly valued and the people who work there make the job exciting. Company is also pretty good at encouraging internal promotions.

Cons

Pay seemed to be lower than competing companies, raises were also not that great during my time there.

Bullhorn2019-03-20

"Great culture & team!"

Current Employee - Director, Customer Support

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've had tremendous opportunity for career growth in my time at Bullhorn as the company continues to grow. More than anything though, the thing that keeps me coming back are the great team of people I get to work with every day. The company values a strong work ethic and that approach is well bought into among the team.

Cons

If you like to work in a steady-state environment, Bullhorn's probably not a fit. The company is constantly growing and changing and you'll be expected to grow with it.

Bullhorn2019-02-21

"Cronysim, Agism"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good product Good benefits and generally competitive comp Relaxed pace--people don't have to work hard at all to be successful. In fact that's why people stay there. It's very easy to be successful without breaking a sweat. At HQ, most people call it quits around 5:30pm.

Cons

Cronyism practiced by senior leadership team along with overt age discrimination. At this years' sales kickoff in front of a large audience of employees, the CRO threw an age-related dig at the oldest person in the Sales org. Several exec team members along with HR people were in the room and there was no response. It's not just a one-off--he's done this before, and it's also not the first time discriminatory or... offensive remarks have been made in front of the exec team without any response. And they just announced the promotion of a young sales leader who missed his quota last year after having been given a blank check to hire as much as he wanted and who's known for changing strategy/focus every 1-2 months and keeping poor performers on his team. But he's part of the boys club after being with the company for 14 years, since graduating from college. Meanwhile, older sales leaders who keep hitting their quota with more limited resources stay at the same level. Extremely limited competence at exec team level--half have never worked anywhere else besides Bullhorn, and I don't think any have ever been on exec team in another company. President overtly lies about product roadmap at big customer events year after year and Sales then has to wipe-up from the mess of unfulfilled promises. Exec team members don't practice the values they preach. They spend lots of time spouting off slogans about inclusiveness and how everyone's voice should be heard, but when the rubber hits the road, that's not really what they want--the only voices they want to hear are their own.

Advice to Management

Smart leaders recognize when they're not good at certain things or lack certain skills. Either hire for those in the exec team, or start utilizing the expertise you have within the company. Stop acting like a high school clique and boys club, and start behaving like a real leadership team. Don't ask me to reach out and talk to you about this. Practice what you preach and walk the talk. Stop pretending that the... culture you provide is only what you say out loud and realize that it's about what you do. Realize the culture you provide as leaders has everything to do with your actions, and very little to do with platitudes and programs - those things are totally meaningless when they're not backed up by your actions.

Bullhorn2019-03-19

April 8, 2019CEO

It seems that you’re really frustrated about something that happened to you while you were here. You haven’t shared anything about your personal experience, so I can only speculate. Whatever the case, I’m really sorry that you had such a negative experience at Bullhorn. Regarding the leaders you mentioned, I want to offer a full account: Our CRO made a reference at sales kickoff to the age of an employee with whom he is close. That’s not acceptable behavior at Bullhorn and he immediately realized his mistake, recognizing how the comment could have been perceived and apologized to the employee. Listening and responding to customer feedback is a critical part of our culture. When our President/CTO presents a long term vision to customers, we make it clear that not all of the elements of the presentation will make it into our products, that the explicit purpose of that presentation is to share our vision with customers, gather feedback and adjust our roadmap accordingly. Our track record shows we deliver the vast majority of the vision every year. Most importantly, our Customer Experience Index has increased consistently for the past 20 quarters. We promoted a leader who came in slightly short of his plan in 2018. However, it’s important to recognize that his team's performance increased a staggering 50% over 2017. And, that team achieved 120% of plan in Q1 this year. All three of these people are great leaders who care about their people and improving their leadership skills. Their employee engagement scores are off the charts and customers love working with them. Lastly, Bullhorn makes every effort to balance our leadership across our business. We count among our 185 leaders a wide variety of diversity including age, gender, experience and ethnicity. Of the 6 executives on my Senior Leadership team, 2 have built their careers at Bullhorn while the other 4 have worked at senior levels with companies such as IBM, Harvard, Pega Systems and PWC.

"Opportunity and Growth Potential at a Fast Paced Tech Company"

Current Employee - Manager of Tech Ops in Boston, MA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Mission Statement: Create an incredible customer experience. What impresses me most about Bullhorn is their ability to live by their mission statement while creating an incredible employee experience at the same time. The company cares about the growth and success of their employees. There is always opportunity at Bullhorn to grow your skills in order to move up within the organization. On top of all of this,... the culture at Bullhorn is very welcoming and allows for the work life balance that we all need. I can honestly say during my almost 4 years at Bullhorn there has never been a dull or boring moment. The fast paced environment makes the days fly by.

Cons

As with most companies, interdepartmental communication has been a challenge over the years. However, Bullhorn has put forth great effort to improve this by creating more cross functional teams and initiatives. Breaking Silos has been a huge initiative to ensure employees from across different departments are coming together to talk about their roles, initiatives and challenges. This allows teams to care personally... and challenge more directly creating an environment of trust that leads to more radical candor.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on communication across teams. Encourage people to speak truth to power and challenge directly. This will ultimately allow for more trust, debate and accountability and will lead to more results.

Bullhorn2019-01-19

February 11, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

I'm so hopeful that prospective employees read your review! Thank you for providing such an accurate picture of our culture- it is super fast-paced, challenging and supportive. We will continue to focus on communication, and appreciate your help in this.

"Inconsistent"

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company values promoting from within. The CEO provides a powerful vision for his company.

Cons

Core values are not consistent or practiced across senior leadership or middle management.

Bullhorn2019-02-18

February 25, 2019Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our culture is built on creating career opportunities for all of our employees and it sounds like that resonates with you. Our core values are also important to our culture. In addition to asking our employees to provide feedback twice a year on how our leaders demonstrate our core values, we also conduct management training and have developed a two-year leadership program. I would like to hear more about your concerns - kcastelda@bullhorn.com.

"Be cautious"

Former Employee - Tech Support Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Bullhorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are so legit, and the perks are pretty good too. Coworkers are amazing; 98% of the people that work there are so, so amazing, regardless of department. Fun environment; even though the company is growing (which usually means more corporate rules) it’s still so laid back and fun.

Cons

Men “rule”, if you’re a woman your opinion/hard work is rarely considered/recognized. Not a great level of transparency unless you ask about things. If you give your all to the company, the work/life balance is THROWN. Five9.

Advice to Management

Don’t preach ownership if you can’t own your own mistakes. It’s absolutely crucial to practice what you preach. Listen to your employees; they work hard for you and deserve to be heard. Praise your hard workers, but recognize those that may not be top achievers but work hard.

Bullhorn2019-02-06

February 7, 2019Chief People Officer

I’m sorry to hear you feel that your hard work wasn’t recognized and especially that you feel the culture is male dominated. Diversity in thought and leadership is incredibly important to us. Our frontline Support leadership team in St. Louis is 50% female and we’ve promoted and hired women into key leadership roles within our support organization. Work life balance is important as well. Our Support organization enjoys the benefit of Bullhorn’s unlimited vacation policy and the work week should be 40 hours. It sounds like perhaps you were working longer hours for some reason. If so, I’d like to understand why. Please reach out - kcastelda@bullhorn.com

"Bullhorn truly cares about people"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bullhorn's mission is to create an incredible customer experience, but what has impressed me the most is how leadership is constantly focusing on how to make Bullhorn's employees have an incredible experience working for the company. The culture is phenomenal, and the benefits seem to always be improving - such as 4 months of paid parental leave! Bullhorn truly cares about family bonding which makes for happy... employees.

Cons

Bullhorn has been acquiring companies like crazy, so if you're afraid of change and working in a fast-paced environment, it's not the company for you.

Bullhorn2019-01-18

February 11, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

Such a critical piece of the incredible experience cycle is the incredible employee experience. Thank you for recognizing all the efforts made to support our employees, inside and outside of work.

"Striving to be a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Quality Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits package Unlimited PTO Maternity/Paternity Leave benefits Free meals Wed/Fri The people!

Cons

Growth without proper preparation Support policies for PTO don't align with remainder of the company Support culture doesn't match with the rest of the company

Advice to Management

You're making great strides to creating an incredible employee experience! Don't stop this momentum and truly consider if the decision made are 'Being Human' for all involved. Yes, we are a company, but we are also people. And all departments of the company deserve to enjoy the same benefits.

Bullhorn2019-01-29

February 11, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the review and the great advice to management. Our values are so key to how we operate for our customers and for our employees. We will continue to remind ourselves of the importance of "Being Human."

"Great place to learn and grow"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Incredible People -Incredible atmosphere -High potential to move up within the company

Cons

-Very fast paced environment- might not be for everyone.

Bullhorn2019-01-18

February 11, 2019Director, Talent Acquisition

Love the words you've used: Learn, Grow, Incredible. Thank you!

Found 298 reviews