Bunting Door and Hardware Reviews | Glassdoor

Bunting Door and Hardware Reviews

Doug McGinnis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Just OK- nothing great"

Pros

The employees are great challenging industry always learning something new .
    Really not looking over your shoulder or punching in out.

Cons

Owners are very standoffish -do not share a lot of whats going on company wise.

2. "Not great, but not horrible"

Current Employee - Hardware in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Hardware in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Bunting Door and Hardware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent starting salary, no weekends, easy work, pretty laid back, little micromanagement,

Cons

very little room for advancement, no raises in last 4 years, yearly reviews are good, but pointless when there are no raises. expensive benefits, rare chances for overtime.

Advice to Management

invest in your employees, and they will gladly put in the effort you need them to.

3. "smoke and mirrors"

Former Employee - Engineer/Detailer/Inside Sales in Rosedale, MD
    Former Employee - Engineer/Detailer/Inside Sales in Rosedale, MD

I worked at Bunting Door and Hardware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone but ownership gets along great. good home / work balance.

Cons

Throw you to the dogs mentality, sink or swim. too much material to learn by yourself in too little time.
    If management doesn't like you they will get rid of you no matter how well you do your job.
    long hours for everyone except the owners who expect you to show up on snow days while they both sit at home with their SUV's parked in their driveways.
    After my 3rd week I never worked less that 50 hours a week and they would make you feel guilty for leaving after 10 hrs. if they were still there.
    In 5 years worked I received 3 raises and only because I asked for them. their mentality is "if you don't mention it, they wont ask"
    I am not bitter about getting fired, I am just stating facts. I was looking for a new job anyways.

Advice to Management

take care of your good employees and stop hiring these outside consultants that come up with awful ideas that get implemented but never work.
    Look at what you have and realize that there is no one better out there waiting to work for you.