Bunzl Distribution USA Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Pat Larmon

Pros
Cons
  • There is a customer service dept but they are not there to provide sales support (in 5 reviews)

• insurance is awful and some poor upper management (in 4 reviews)

1. "Strictly business, but they are damn good at it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Profitable company. Plenty of benefits to appease. Solid 401k match. Lots of upstanding colleagues. Pat Larmon is an incredible CEO, and a good man.

Cons

Office politics are aplenty. Some management are misleading and unworthy of your trust. Some retirees (20 + years of service) were not even recognized for their many years of hard work.

Advice to Management

Put your employees first. Business will only go as far as the employees you back and support. Practice integrity and quit the office drama shenanigans.

"Worst place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Very bad job for growth, no team support , building a new warehouse won't change the company is operated, please stay away. Supervisor drink on the job every day

Cons

No family life, big lier , don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't

Advice to Management

Supervisor steal from company

3. "Promising, enthusiastic, and relaxed work enviorment."

Current Employee - Receptionist in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of hope for your future in the company if you're willing to take initiative and go the extra mile. Very enthusiastic and helpful people in management. Fun place with genuinely good coworkers. Good benefits and even better work environment. I can not say the same for all other branches as I have only worked at one but this branch also contains the Mid Central Region employees and they are just as good to work with as the other branch employees.

Cons

As the low man on the totem pole I really do not have many cons. I am sure their are complaints from other departments but I have none and have had only good experiences.

5. "Buyer"

Current Employee - Buyer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

decent benefits with decent pay

Cons

poor yearly raises
    average health care

"Great Company for Semi-Talented Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monmouth Junction, NJ

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, benefits are average, plenty of job stability

Cons

Management in my branch are a bunch of semi-talented "lifers" hired by Bunzl because they could be shaped in the Bunzl image. The corporation will sacrifice some managerial capability to ensure compliance to their agenda. Bunzl is the best company they've ever worked for, and this is the best job they've ever had. Zero chance for career growth. Yearly salary increases are way below average. The environment has ZERO collaboration. They could care less about your opinion. Employees are servants and no a resource.

Advice to Management

The management in my branch were are a bunch of semi-talented "lifers" that were hired because they could be shaped in the Bunzl image. The corporation will sacrifice Come back to reality!!! Shed the out of touch, delusional, over-bloated egos!!! Admit when you are wrong, admit your mistakes ... stop going to any length to cover up wrongdoings to protect yourselves. Bunzl is a decent company overall, but until the management gets a dose of reality and realizes that they and the company are NOT the "best-of-the-best" they will continue to lose good employees through their ignorance and arrogance.

"Warehouse quality control"

Current Employee - QC Associate in Murray, KY
    Current Employee - QC Associate in Murray, KY

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people at worker level!!

Cons

Management, especially at lead level do not have a clue!!!

"Bad management. Old boys network."

Former Employee - Senior Server Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Server Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Minimal. Cellphone and internet compensation. Updated IT equipment. Compensated for IT training and certifications.

Cons

Managers are not qualified, they have simply been there the longest. Total lack of direction in IT. Most of their IT framework is based on 40+ year old technology. STRONG resistance to change. Several "dinosaurs" in place that will hold back the company in power. The best interest of the business takes a back seat to the personal gains of the company. There is so many people with IT Titles that do not know what a USB port is. Acquisitions are done from the book "How not to do acquisitions". Very little accomplished each day as most of the days are spent in useless meetings that will take place 10 times with the same result. This is a stagnant IT organization with little to no chance for growth. Backstabbing is commonplace. This was a good stepping stone where I learned a great deal, but I would not recommend it to anyone who truly cares about their job and what they do each day. Work/Life Balance is horrendous. There is many weeks where I worked from sun up to when I passed out. Bad employees are kept to fester like a bad piece of meat in a refrigerator. Good employees are not compensated and simply worked to makeup the difference.

Advice to Management

They seemed to be on the right path when I left by hiring a new CIO. I have kept in contact with several key members and the problem is it incredibly unstable and unsure. New CIO is from Monsanto and seems to be following the same "Old Boy" mentality by hiring his friends and ex coworkers. I am glad I left and I do not recommend it to anyone.

9. "Warehouse/Distribution Center Manager"

Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Very proactive, rewarding, safety-conscious company.

Cons

None that I can think of. Stayed for 22 years. Loved it.

Advice to Management

Stay on current course.

"Bad Management? Nah - That' would be a Compliment!"

Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Paycheck?
    But wait, I can get one of those....

Cons

Read thru the CONS on this site and if you don't believe them, find out for yourself.
    Fortunately, some of us need more than a paycheck out of a job...

New CIO and his cronies: I don't want any "yes-men" around me. I want everybody to tell me the truth even if it costs their jobs. Right....

Better PASS!

Advice to Management

Well, they wouldn't listen anyway.

"Information Technology"

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Bunzl Distribution USA (More than a year)

Pros

Decent location with ok benefits

Cons

Business model is to buy companies, no organic growth.

The IT management lacks vision & leadership.

Management Style = Intimidation, Bullying, Micromanagement, Favoritism, you get the point...

Advice to Management

Leadership? Seek outside help!