Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Reviews | Glassdoor

Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2018

Found 4 reviews

4.1
Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs CEO Ann Stock (no image)
Ann Stock
  1. "Wonderful Internship!"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs

Pros

The Bureau's International Visitor Leadership Program facilitates important exchanges with emerging world leaders in a variety of fields and encourages open discourses that are key to building mutual trust and understanding between the people of the US and other countries. All of the Program Officers and Program Coordinators at the Bureau are dedicated and passionate about international exchanges.

Cons

There was a lack of consequences for an older male employee who repeatedly used his position of power to belittle multiple younger women working in the office.

Advice to Management

The Bureau is doing important work and I feel honored that I had the opportunity to intern there. However, I hope that in the future there will be a better support system in place for the more vulnerable employees, especially if there are no consequences for employees who abuse their position of power in their interactions with their female colleagues.

Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs2018-06-12
  2. "Good company to work for."

I have been working at Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs

Pros

Schedule, flexible work load, and great benefits.

Cons

Upper management was somewhat lax in handling some harassment issues I had with another employee.

Advice to Management

Swifter action when grievances are filed.

Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs2015-04-06
  3. "Amazing opportunity to exchange culture and ideas"

I worked at Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs

Pros

The friendship and the network you make can be lifelong. The ability to travel and implement workshops and conferences are plenty.

Cons

Landing an appropriate housing was a big challenge.

Advice to Management

There is a need to bring in more qualified and professional candidates to this program.

Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs2014-09-30
  4. "Great potential but lacking true management"

Designer

I worked at Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs

Pros

One of the best paid Various great challenging projects Team work amongst employees Young Professionals Hires young professionals with experience and/or Bachelors degree +

Cons

The major issue with the company is the management team. While young creative professionals are hired, their limited to the opportunity for growth. Furthermore they are limited to opinions and wording on project pitch.

Advice to Management

While the company was a great place, the main issue lies within management. Places to improve especially is People Management.

Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs2011-06-18