Bureau of Fire Protection Philippines Reviews | Glassdoor

Bureau of Fire Protection Philippines Reviews

3.9
CEO

"my noble profession (Firefighter)"

Current Employee - Fire Officer in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Fire Officer in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Bureau of Fire Protection Philippines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Firefigher is a noble job/profession. we save lives and properties.

Cons

in our organization there were corrupt official influences new fire officers.

Advice to Management

make a reshuffle of positions evry one year so that it would lessen corruption.

"responsible for the prevention and suppression of structural,liquid fire and electrical fire."

Current Employee - Fireman in Tacloban, Tacloban (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Fireman in Tacloban, Tacloban (Philippines)

I have been working at Bureau of Fire Protection Philippines full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

a decent source of living while you are serving the people and the country.

Cons

some of the apparatus and equipment s are obsolete and very old not suitable for the present firefighting operation.

Advice to Management

upgrade all the stations apparatus vehicles and equipment s for better and quick response in fire alarms in every stations nation wide.

"Very fulfilling and a challenging one."

Current Employee - Regional Director (Chief)
    Current Employee - Regional Director (Chief)

Pros

Service to the people by protection of their life an properties. Getting involved with numerous training on fire prevention, fire suppression techniques, emergency and rescue response, maintenance of fire fighting apparatus and its equipment and other operational and administrative aspects of the service are the best things that happened in my fireman's life.

Cons

After every national election their's always changes of departments (Department of the Interior and Local Government) views and priorities as the new Secretary will assume office. That is the time that our bureau (BFP) experience some kind of management difficulties trying to coup up with what the new secretary wants us to do. DILG lacks control with the local officials most especially those that are members of the new secretary's political parties. BFP has a hard time to implement what was provided for on its New Fire Code because local officials are middling on the bureau's mandate especially on the fire prevention program wherein BFP personnel are conducting fire safety inspection to all establishment in their respective area of responsibility.

Advice to Management

Put the right person on the right job, their should be a continuing and honest program that will address the problem in the various units of BFP. Let the law (New Fire Code of the Philippines) moves it's normal course no matter what political color it has in the local level so that the economic gains of the country be protected and continually progressing.