Burger King Reviews in Colorado Springs, CO | Glassdoor

1.0
Burger King CEO Daniel Schwartz
Daniel Schwartz
1 Rating

Pros
  • Flexibility Fun place Meet New People Discounts Hours (in 47 reviews)

• Free food good place for experience (in 116 reviews)

Cons
  • Work / Life balance even for LDP is tough (in 43 reviews)

• Have to work long hours on some days (in 103 reviews)

1. "Unprofessional, exclusive, and no benefit."

Current Employee - Burger King Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Burger King Team Member in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Burger King part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For me, my coworkers and the customers were the best experience. Most of (but not all) of my coworkers are wonderful people and the customer service experience is great.

Cons

The general manager I work is horrendous at understanding employee issues, plays favoritism with a specific group of girls (thus causing discrimination in the workplace), pays her employees the minimum amount possible even if they have shown they deserve raises or even simple praise. I feel as if the people I work with should CARE about and RESPECT their job and employees but unfortunately do not.

Advice to Management

Closely watch the assigned general managers. The one I have worked with has taken advantage of the leeway she has been given and thus created a terrible working environment.

2. "Worked here three years, good real world job experience, however lots of downfall."

Current Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Burger King full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sometimes good crew, real world job experience (learning customer service, cashier, janitorial service, cooking and prepping the food, etc.)

Cons

Very bad at giving raises, buildings caving in and falling apart, always out of something whether food or nonfood, they never really replace machines even if it is shooting fireballs. You have to do everything including stocking, dealing wit the order (taking it and handing it out or making it) janitor, etc. Hours not consistent, hours spent cleaning is most of the time useless because no one cares except if important people may come. Don't expect employee of the month because no one cares, even if you work you butt off (most of the time the feedback of you working you butt off is 'it looks like crap'). Dont ever work off the clock. Only part time job unless your main opener, closer, or manager. They just put in a reset rule that no one gets over time. So no over time. Besides some good coworkers worst place for a job.

Advice to Management

Burger king's need more money for product. Store 10299 is the worst at it. They are always out of product, they constantly borrowing from other stores. If a store is falling apart maybe the store should be remodeled. Nice store more customers, torn down store less customers. If you want your employees to actually care about working there, then pay them their raises when they deserve them. It isn't hard to put a raise on a check. I get that it takes a week or two, but working here I have never seen so many raises taking four months or more. I have worked here three years and this is the second time (to me) that my raises aren't in my checks when they should be. I was owed two raises since December '14 and it is now almost July '15. Six plus months and still no raises. Oh it will be on nxt check, it should be on the next one, six minths latet and still nothing. This is absolutely RIDICULOUS. Managers don't even take tests to make sure they know everything before they are managers, new employees don't ever have time to take time and learn. No one is taught properly. This is the worst job experience I have ever had. My coworkers and me needing some sort of paycheck is the only reason why I stayed in this job, but after Burger King oweing me lots of money due to them not paying me my money that I was suppose to get it is the worst place ever.

Showing 2 of 2,505 reviews