Burger King Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Burger King CEO Daniel Schwartz
Daniel Schwartz

2,682 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Flexibility Fun place Meet New People Discounts Hours (in 51 reviews)

• Free food good place for experience (in 126 reviews)

Cons
  • No yearly raises, people are over-worked so there is little to no work-life balance (in 47 reviews)

• Have to work long hours on some days (in 113 reviews)

"same ol things"

Former Employee - Crew in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Crew in Chicago, IL

Pros

some managers who actually care about you as a person and will work with you to move forward in the job

Cons

upper management (above store) blames everything on crew by putting pressure on store managers - then headlines hit about sales that were blamed on us

Advice to Management

Treat people like people and learn not to micromanage so much. If we were so incompetent don't hire us in the first place.

2. "Too much pressure"

Former Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL

Pros

good schedule they have there.

Cons

too little salary, for wat they expect to do. they want you to work hard for little money.

Advice to Management

none

3. "Overall, a horrible job."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arnold, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arnold, MO

Pros

When working with burger king you got a lot of hours because they were always firing people and you have to be very dependable.

Cons

ALWAYS calling to see if I could come in to cover other peoples shifts. No one wanted to work there so they always called in and the managers had to find others to cover shift.

Advice to Management

Burger King is not a good place to work for. The managers are so mean and dont treat workers with respect.

4. "very unsattisfied with management"

Current Employee - Team Member in Tooele, UT
    Current Employee - Team Member in Tooele, UT

Pros

While I worked for BK, I enjoyed working for the company for the most part until management failed to do their job.

Cons

While I was working there I was not any proper training in the j ob that I was assigned there fore I had to learn to do this job by common sense. also I learned after 2 months being on the job that I had other jobs that I was supposed to be doing but was not told or trained to do. For instance the fryers. I learned that I was supposed to know how to clean them. I was showed somewhat one day early in my job the basics of this but was not properly trained nor did I have the chance to learn to do this job correctly after two months and then I was suddenly expected to know how to do this and do it among my other duties with in a short time frame.
    I was also told by the GM that I would be working from 5:00 Am to 10:00 AM, that was not the case, I was lucky to have worked 2 or 3 hrs before I was to go home. when I complained that I needed more hours she would make little comments about making me a cook, or trained to do the front counter, which I replied that I would enjoy learning the front counters. That was also not the case as she appointed me more cleaning jobs and that if I did them in a timely manner that I would be given my original 5 to 10 hours.
    She, would constantly change my duties as she saw fit. but never kept to a certain set of duties. she had her cooks donig more then just cooking but running the registers and drive up windows while she went out side and smoked or sat on her computer.

Advice to Management

This General manager is in violation of code 13 of the consumer protection laws. She was not able to have food prepared by the time they opened at 6 Am. due to the fact that she was always late opening the store, sometimes hours went by and we had to wait and one day we went to denny's for breakfast while we waited for her to open the store. when we got back she had just gotten there.
    She has had not only me, but 3 other employees quit because of the way she ran that store.

5. "my place feels unpleasant and i can't seem to get anything right and my employees seem always mad to see me come in."

Current Employee - Cashier in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Cashier in Wausau, WI

Pros

50% discount on food
    some employees are okay
    you meet some nice people

Cons

sometimes you are with crappy employees and manager that give you no respect
    have stupid customers who wants to rip you off
    work environment is horrible
    hate the fact that we wear uniforms and u might lose an outfit (if you have a messy wardrobe like me)
    drive thru is ANNOYING!!!!

Advice to Management

It depends on how your managers and employees treat you. just do your work and get along with your employees the best you can and things will be fine. you must have good communication and problem solving methods mostly for drivethru and you must move FAST but careful. especially for drive- through. know where you're stuff are and try to get your managers attention the most because he/she will help stick up for you and acknowledge your hard work. (depends)
    otherwise im out of here.

6. "I need a degree"

Former Employee - Fry Cook in Alexandria, LA
    Former Employee - Fry Cook in Alexandria, LA

Pros

Discounted food and sometimes even free food

Cons

Over worked and not appreciated. Please offer scholarships to employees who want to go back to school. Give more opportunities for advancement- corporate. Not everyone looks at Burger King as a fast food joint

Advice to Management

Please be respectful to all employees regardless of how old they are or young. Everyone deserves some respect. Stop picking on the little guys.

7. "HORRIBLE PLACE"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Getting paid every week that's about it!

Cons

Burgerking is a HORRIBLE place to work for. They're very stingy they go years without giving raises. All they care about is saving money making sure they cut hours every week. SATISFIED EMPLOYEES EQUALS A BETTER STORE !!!

Advice to Management

MAKE THE PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR YOU HAPPY!

"very unprofessional"

Former Employee - Cashier in Clinton, IA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Clinton, IA

I worked at Burger King full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

definitely a easy job and the customers are the only thing that make working there worth it.

Cons

all of management and employees are very unprofessional

Advice to Management

get a different job

9. "Started out great, then company lost focus"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Burger King full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Trained well in 1991, taught me great work ethic, and pride in what I was doing. Be built sales on what we were doing and that pride was instilled in us.

Cons

Trying to be Mcdonalds. No support from corp. Bad pay unless you want to work shorthanded 50 hours a week on salary. Open too late. Horrible maintanance. Horrible planning on new products.

Advice to Management

Well, return to flame broiling as a selling point. Not we have the same decor and products as all the other fast food places. Loose the new decor and fix the equipment and buildings.

"Toxic Management Style"

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Burger King full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company is based in Miami. Bonus structure.

Cons

It's a 3G family mentality. They promote and protect their own. If you're aren't 3G or Brazilian, you aren't going anywhere.

Advice to Management

Cutlure is everything, you can't survive on a churn and burn philosophy with your people.

Showing 2,682 of 2,733 reviews