Burlington Stores Customer Service Supervisor Reviews | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores CEO Michael O’Sullivan
Michael O’Sullivan
1 Rating
  1. Featured Review

"The Heart of Burlington"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Murray, UT

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fellow employees are truly like family, weekly pay, great opportunities for advancement

Cons

Computer systems are way too slow

Advice to Management

I've been at Burlington for over a year now, and I fell in love with the job since day 1. The staff are all great to work with, everyone enjoys their jobs, and the clientele are always cheerful, knowing that they will be coming back again and again for the low prices for name brand items and great customer service they receive. I always come away with a great sense of accomplishment when I see my cashiers apply themselves to offer great customer service and keep a keen eye on the cleanliness of the front end for a safe and attractive work environment. Everybody takes great pride in their work, and it truly reflects on how wonderful I feel about my career there as well. When a customer leaves the store happy and looking forward to their next visit, along with the savings they're going to get when they do return, plus the wonderful customer service they'll receive, that's what I call the heart of Burlington, and that's what I feel every one of our customers deserve to experience.

Burlington Stores2019-09-19
  2. "Amazing opportunities"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Burlington Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Upper management focuses on employees

Cons

Customers always expect more discounts

Burlington Stores2019-12-27
  3. "My experience with Burlington stores has been a very interesting experience. It has it's pros and cons as do most jobs."

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in South Euclid, OH

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly Work Environment Benefits Opportunity for Advancement

Cons

Unorganized Poor management Unprofessional at times Unreliable associates Friction amongst associates at times

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to please be for certain that these managers are qualified and trained to run a Burlington store. Be sure your other associates are being trained as well when they are promoted to a higher position. It seems as though everything is put on the delay as is pertains to vital key points and information that should be verbalized and confirmed by these managers you all hire.

Burlington Stores2020-01-14
  4. "Not the best place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor

I worked at Burlington Stores full-time

Pros

Some nice people and easy advancement

Cons

Your wanted to manage teenagers who care about nothing, and keep them on track with goals. Managers expect you to keep up with sales goals with understaffed shifts . Low pay

Burlington Stores2020-01-03

"Good people poor management"

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Manchester, NH

I worked at Burlington Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Seeing merchandise and tending customers

Cons

Only 15 percent discount, poor management, poor team effort

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better

Burlington Stores2019-08-28
  6. "Lots of drama"

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Sheffield Lake, OH

I worked at Burlington Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work, variety of schedules depending on position and they are great with working around school schedules

Cons

Lots of drama and inconsistent starting salaries. New employees frequently started at higher rates than what seasoned employees were making after being with the company for several years

Burlington Stores2019-09-12

"Pay is not worth the pressure."

Former Employee - Customer Service Full-Time Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Burlington Stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love my customers. I learned and grew each year from the management team. They tried to make it fun. Light the night was my favorite fundraiser. Everyday I had at least 1 customer, compliment me, on how well i ran the front end. Fast paced.

Cons

The pay wasn't worth the stress and tension put on you. The moral was low. Raises each year was based on the whole store, you received .10-.20 cents. No play or fun if store wasnt making sales. You didn't get recognition or praise, unless the store was doing great.

Advice to Management

Relax, actually follow core values, you need to have good moral. Throw a party at least once a month, recognize your employees more, follow through with your commitments. In the 5yrs I worked for Burlington, the employee of the month had the same person in the picture frame (that employee quit a year after I started) If employees are feeling your stress and are not happy, dont push them to work harder or make them feel unworthy. A happy employee is a way to drive sales.

Burlington Stores2019-08-17
  8. "Terrible Company to Work For"

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Cicero, IL

I worked at Burlington Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Got paid every week at least. The only positive thing about Burlington.

Cons

Terrible management, lazy employees, had us working like dogs.

Advice to Management

Fire all of them

Burlington Stores2019-08-30
  9. "Easy"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time

Pros

Very easy work to do.

Cons

The hours aren't really great.

Burlington Stores2019-07-19
  10. "Good place to shop, no so much to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Miami, FL

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Casual days when you can wear jeans or holiday colors. Sometimes management buys food for special occasions and holidays. Employee discount, especially double discount days. Layaway program is great for employees because you don't pay all the fees customers pay and you can apply your discount to it.

Cons

Management isn't on the same page as each other. You try to please and do what one tells you to do and the next day another manager will tell you to do something else and that what the other told you isn't as important. Schedules get put out a day or two before the next week begins. Also, people get scheduled outside of their set availability so these two schedule conflicts interfere with you planning your life out. Supervisors are supposed to get one weekend off a month and doesn't happen. You end up having to work your off days because you were incorrectly scheduled on another day, to fix the mess-up. Management sets standards much higher than the company standards, which is an unrealistic expectation. As a supervisor, you get blamed for factors out of your control, like customers wanting to donate and do exit interviews. You meet the company goal and your SM and ASM will give you a much higher goal and be upset when you don't meet the much higher goal. You have to do computer training, according to the company, but you never have time to get it done because of lack of coverage. Oftentimes there is one cashier scheduled which results in sales floor employees having to come help get lines down, thus leaving the sales floor unattended and a mess. Also causes the register area to be a mess as well because cashier doesn't have time to stop and clean because the line is too long. Management doesn't help clean up a lot of the time and stands in one spot talking to non-workers for hours. Many non-English speaking workers, which customers often complain about. Makes it impossible for non-Spanish speaking coworkers and supervisors to communicate with them. Also, outdated register systems. You have to count coins by hand, instead of using weighing machines like other companies have. Makes closing take a long time, especially when you have one cashier and you have to help on the register, instead of closing and counting some of your tills. Some people qualify for benefits and others don't, unfairly. New cashiers could be offered benefits while older cashiers and also supervisors don't get any. Management lies or doesn't inform people when they receive an exit interview, but when you check the system it will show that they have in fact received one, or multiple.

Advice to Management

Get on one accord with each other. Have realistic expectations. Be more positive. Give more positive feedback rather than always being negative, criticizing, and complaining. Help fellow employees, instead of merely dictating what to do. Hire more English-speakers. Make better schedules and make them further in advance. Speak to employees more respectfully, instead of comparing them to others and always mentioning the negative, small things as opposed to major good performance activities.

Burlington Stores2019-07-15