KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.1
Burlington Stores CEO Michael O’Sullivan
Michael O’Sullivan

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I took for granted how awesome it was to work with so many great people.(in 243 reviews)
  • "Coworkers are great and friendly(in 234 reviews)
  • "Benefits and good for everyone(in 105 reviews)
  • "Paid weekly and flexible schedule(in 92 reviews)
  • "Great employees to work with they actually train you and very helpful when needed.(in 80 reviews)
Cons
  • "Pay is low and higher salaries are generally given to new hires to attract them.(in 495 reviews)
  • "Poor management and forced saturdays work Covid 19 spreads fast when there is a covid out break.(in 367 reviews)
  • "Managers are rude and never like to hear suggestions for improvement(in 181 reviews)
  • "Long hours (especially in January and June / July)(in 176 reviews)
  • "No work life balance whatsoever(in 81 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Burlington Stores and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nice place to work Great Company they just need More Neutral no Preferences leadership person

Aug 6, 2022 - Retail Sales Associate in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company great Benefits and flexibility Brooklyn people there are nice to work

Cons

someone are A Bad employee trying to make cultural teams workers but all other things are good

2. 5.0

No complaints

Aug 4, 2022 - Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Support, benefits, leadership, and compensation

Cons

The lack of Payroll during slow seasons

3. 4.0

Good place to work

Aug 4, 2022 - Retail Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

I like working at Burlington, I enjoy my coworker's presence. I get along with all of them. A typical day would be running go-backs or cleaning up cashiers and queuing. I don't advocate for all Burlington locations, I enjoy the location I am in because not all are the same. Pros: 45-min Lunches; Two 15-min breaks (8hr shifts), One 15-min break (4hr shifts)

Cons

Not enough hours, get lucky if you even have 1 shift for a week, New hires calling out. (This is what I think anyways)

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Keep it up

Aug 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Florence, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is great - in goods time and in bad. Thoughtful about work from home/office balance. HR has their act together.

Cons

Give us our offices back…..

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

review

Aug 1, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management and safe workplace

Cons

low hourly wage and not enough hours

6. 5.0

Great place

Jul 29, 2022 - Loss Prevention Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers and management is great and close by to home

Cons

The pay rate and low hours

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ok to work

Jul 29, 2022 - Customer Service Lead in Portsmouth, NH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun fast understanding management co workers

Cons

Understaffed, rude customers, long queues, no benefits

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I like it here but I am still relatively new to the culture because most people are working from home.

Jul 27, 2022 - Information Technology Support Specialist (IT Support Specialist) in Edgewater Park, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Peaceful and quiet because most people in tech HR and business are working from home. The distribution center jobs are completely hands on though. The Tech services manager at this branch is very kind and considerate and the office culture is laid back but all of us make sure to do our jobs so there are never really any issues. My pay is ok. They have a gym. The health benefits seem to be adequate but I have not fully taken advantage yet. The training is hands on so you learn the right way to do things in practice.

Cons

IT support specialists are more hands on so they can't work from home as much as everyone else. The health plan seems to have a 2 month wait period for me at least. I was told it would only be 1 month. There is no clear process for upward mobility so you must speak up. A quiet person will be left to the mercy of their manager if they want a promotion. This is my first fortune 500 corporate job so I am unsure if this is the standard. Some of the resources to do your job may take a while for you to get access so stay on top of things and pay attention. Working with industrial printers can be a little intimidating if you have not done it before so be ready to go out of your comfort zone.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good 1st Job

Jul 26, 2022 - Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great boss and supervisors to work with

Cons

sometimes too crowded and less associates

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Working for Burlington

Jul 27, 2022 - Cashier Associate in Stockton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, great team, experience customer service skills, breaks, experience retail environment,

Cons

No hours, staff shortage, messy floors, multiple jobs in one, not enough money to live off of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 4,950 Reviews
</>Embed

Burlington Stores Reviews FAQs

Burlington Stores has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 5,134 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at Burlington Stores to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Burlington Stores employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Burlington Stores. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

49% of Burlington Stores employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Burlington Stores 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Burlington Stores to be work life balance, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Burlington Stores Job Seekers