Burlington Stores "employee discount" Reviews | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Reviews

Updated Dec 17, 2019

Burlington Stores CEO Michael O’Sullivan
Michael O’Sullivan
  1. "Not the best place to work"

Former Employee - Shipping and Receiving in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Burlington Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

the only pro is the employee discount

Cons

Uneven management, low pay, and unsafe working conditions

Burlington Stores2017-02-21
  2. "Store Manager N Florida"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Burlington Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employee discount. Working hours. Only work 1 night and no Sundays. Best schedule especially if you have family . Comparable health benefits.

Cons

Job instability . More managers leaving daily. Turnover rate is high compared to competition. Favoritism is rampant especially with senior management. Company handing their talent to the competition.

Advice to Management

Corporate should look at senior regional management. Favoritism must be eliminated.

Burlington Stores2017-03-12

"There are better opportunities out there."

Former Employee - Receiving Associate in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Burlington Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent job for a college student or someone with an additional job Employee discount

Cons

High turnover rate/short staffed resulting in too much workload, and was expected to complete a large workload in a short time frame. Limited hours. The most hours I ever worked in a given week was 24. Typically, I worked 10-15 hours a week, except around holiday season where there was more freight which allowed a little more hours. Very gossipy, but that's expected when working in retail.

Advice to Management

Instead of hiring 10 part-time employees, hire 5 full-time employees. It will increase productivity and decrease turnover.

Burlington Stores2016-11-27
  4. "Great Company To Work For... Love Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Stock Merchandise Flow in Manati, PR

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very fast pacing and fun Lost few pounds Great and friendly Coworkers Strong Company More family time Free weekends The company shows respect for important holidays Employee Discount Career Opportunities Work/ Life Balance is Great

Cons

There is always room to capitalize on opportunities.

Advice to Management

Management in my store is good.

Burlington Stores2016-11-01

"Toxic"

I worked at Burlington Stores

Pros

You get an Employee discount

Cons

No opportunities for promotion No concept of work/life balance

Advice to Management

Be polite.

Burlington Stores2016-12-05
  6. "Part time Employee"

I have been working at Burlington Stores

Pros

Employee discount. Flexible hours if necessary.

Cons

Part time employees do not get many hours. The company does not put enough personnel on each shift to accurately get the work done.

Advice to Management

Hire competent employees that will stick around for more than a week.

Burlington Stores2016-10-04
  7. "ASM"

Former Employee - Department in Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Burlington Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for, nice employee discount Good people great environment , excellent benefits Fun atmosphere and knowledgable supervisors

Cons

No downside unless you don't like working

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Burlington Stores2016-08-25

"Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Braintree, MA

I worked at Burlington Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of hours if you want them. Time goes pretty quickly behind the register. You get a nice employee discount.

Cons

It is a heavy workload, the store can get very very busy. They are very strict about making mistakes. The store is really disorganized and people don't take much pride in their work because they're not usually there very long. I wasn't there long because I accepted an offer to work for a better job.

Advice to Management

People are human. Many of the employees rely on public transportation and might be at the mercy of the mbta, especially in the winter. A little understanding would go a long way.

Burlington Stores2016-08-28
  9. "CASHIER"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly, awesome co-workers. Very relaxed work environment and a diverse set of customers from various different socioeconomic backgrounds. Its pretty awesome working here. But as for the business side, no health insurance. 8.75 hourly isnt enough for me, on average as part time you get 20-23 hours a week. You get a burlington coat factory card to punch in on the very first day, 2 days later this serves as a 10% employee discount card & 25% off during seasonal events.

Cons

no health insurance (duh) 8.75$ hourly

Burlington Stores2016-07-25
  10. "AWFUL place to work i would never recommend this place to anybody EVER"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I worked at Burlington Stores part-time

Pros

Employee discount, breaks, nice coworkers, good prices,

Cons

Poor management, no recognition, little raise

Advice to Management

I worked at this location for almost two years in the beginning it felt like any other job. it was great. The hours for me were convenient. but as the months went by the managers began to show you their true colors. First, one thing that is definitely clear about this burlington in general is that they 100% dont value their employees. In their eyes we have no life. I say this because of the way ive experienced theyve treated my coworkers including me with pure disrespect. If you really want to know what its like to be disrespected become an employee here. The managers here do not take their own job seriously. Leave it to them to consistently make "mistakes" on schedules and call you on your days off (apparently, they are so lazy that they let the computer generate the schedule making). Leave it to them to constantly forget to not schedule you on days you asked them not to. They have very little interest in the environment and relationship the employees have with each other. It doesnt matter how many times you go to them for help for any kind of concern. All they will do is watch you talk. Not to mention they sure do love making inappropriate and unnecessary comments about their employees behind their backs. They think that just because theyve gotten along with a few employees in the store and make little secretive comments that these employees arent actually going to tell other employees in the store. Bottom line is..i wasnt going to leave this place without having the last laugh. I WOULD NEVER EVER recommend this place to anybody. This burlington has tainted me from the rest of the burlingron stores and it will be the last time i work in one do yourselfa favor and look the other direction. This is not the place for you. At least not this burlington. P.s i know of employees that have worked here for over 10 years and still rarely get a raise or advancement in the company. There is no recognition.

Burlington Stores2016-07-19