Burlington Stores "flexible schedule" Reviews | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Employee Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Updated Oct 3, 2019

Burlington Stores CEO Michael O’Sullivan
Michael O’Sullivan
Pros
Cons
  • "Minimum wage after 6 years working there(in 97 reviews)

• "Not enough hours for part-time employees(in 84 reviews)

Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Return to all Reviews

"Sales Associate"

I have been working at Burlington Stores full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule and management works with you. I get to share my ideas and be in charge of my department. Having a part-timer associate helps lighten the responsibility and presenting the department to the customers. Employee discounts plus double discounts on select week.

Cons

Too much stuff leads to tight areas and re-flowing the section. Customers putting the items anywhere in the store instead of giving it to the associate so we can put it away. Hard to check an area if it has price tag when customers are around.

Burlington Stores2018-02-10
  2. "Easy way to make money, but sometimes overworked"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Somerville, MA

I worked at Burlington Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible scheduling Room to grow and advance Training provided for floor service and on the register Form relationships with co-workers

Cons

Understaffed Overworked at times Rude customers Sometimes, not scheduled enough hours, but then they will call you in every day of the week

Burlington Stores2019-10-03
  3. "Acceptable employment but very confusing"

Current Employee - Day Stocker in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

great managers, great team, accepting of difference, flexible schedule, decent pay rate,

Cons

outdated technology and lack of technology literacy, lack of access to schedule unless through third party system, schedule is posted on paper sheets, schedule changes by the day often doubling or halving daily hours on the day of (four hour shift becomes a eight hour shift without warning), schedule is dictated by delivery schedule meaning you can be sent home in the middle of your scheduled shift if there is no... scheduled truck, up to thirty eight hour shifts for part timers, one time showed up for work and was told I wasn't scheduled the schedule having been changed the night before and entire team was not called, have been called into work the night before at nine thirty the night before,

Advice to Management

complete schedule overhaul and proper supply chain planning

Burlington Stores2019-09-06

"Unappreciated"

Former Employee - Cashier in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Burlington Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule They offer employee discount

Cons

The managers treated their employees awful. No benefits Minimum wage If you work until your arms fall off, you still wouldn’t be appreciated.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the work your employees do and raise the pay rate.

Burlington Stores2019-09-16
  5. "Management sucks"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule fast paced easy work

Cons

No help from management

Burlington Stores2019-08-23

"Fast Paced, Understanding, but Corporate is a joke"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Seminole, FL

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time

Pros

Flexible scheduling, understanding store management,

Cons

Awful pay, Clueless corporate stiffs, awful hiring managers, pointless policies, poor training, blatant favoritism, staff shortages, too little payroll on weekdays

Advice to Management

I've been working with this company part-time for the better part of four years now. In my time at Burlington I've been on the floor, cashiering, and became a customer service supervisor. I've seen MASSIVE turnover for associates, and I've seen several managers come and go. There is no room for growth unless you want to devote your life to this company, and even then you'll be working as a keyholder for 12+ years... until they make you an assistant manager. This job is work, work, and work, which isn't a bad thing. Time goes by quick because there's always something to do, but often you'll find that even when you've done all that was possible to do when you have staff shortages, your managers will still grumble that you didn't do x, y, or z. The entire store is a dog and pony show for corporate. Things will be absolute chaos for weeks until the managers funnel all their payroll into the day before a scheduled corporate visit to make the store look perfect. The problem I have with this company is that corporate is absolutely clueless. They have never worked within the company at the bottom of the totem pole and they live with rose-tinted glasses on how things should be, nothing is ever good enough. I get that they want to push their employees higher, but nitpicking everything doesn't do justice to the amount of work we put into the store every single day. Often times corporate will instigate changes for cashiers that clearly show their lack of foresight and inability to manage. A great example was when Burlington started offering credit cards and loyalty programs. Corporate refused to give the store more payroll to add more cashiers despite the fact that now having to ask for credit cards, explain how they work, and explain the loyalty program on top of having to also ask for phone numbers, emails, and surveys added a significant amount of time to each transaction which resulted in long wait times for customers. Instead, corporate wanted us to go even faster, despite the fact that every single cashier was already, at minimum, 10% faster than the company average according to bi-weekly reports. They then have the gall to complain that we weren't going fast enough and that the store was not meeting its quotas for credit cards despite the fact that the credit cards are objectively a scam in terms of their 'rewards points' that expire after a month and their laughable incentives to get customers sign up for one. The unfortunate reality of this company is that you will be continually pushed to a breaking point by upper management because on top of all of this, you still have to deal with customers that are rude, unreasonable, disgusting, or incoherent, but that's just retail, so no fault on the company there. I took my job very seriously in the time I've worked here, taking it upon myself to do the things that nobody else would. I trained people when nobody asked me to, only to find that new employees weren't even told how the breaks worked or even understood what their responsibilities were before being placed on cash register and told to get to work. In the end, I didn't even make $12 an hour. I could go on and on and on for hours about how terrible this company is, but the takeaway is that, generally, despite everything, I enjoyed my time working here. The other employees are, mostly, like a second family to me, the scheduling was always fantastic, and the store manager was an inspiration. I'd recommend working here if it's your first job, because it'll open your eyes to how terrible people are, and it'll prepare you for anything. Whatever you do, don't waste your life with this company though, you'll spend your whole life here with nothing to gain.

Burlington Stores2019-06-17
  7. "Burlingon stores"

Current Employee - Receiving Associate

I have been working at Burlington Stores part-time

Pros

Burlington has a flexible schedule

Cons

Our location is currently short staffed

Burlington Stores2019-06-17
  8. "Its ok"

Former Employee - Department Lead in Glen Allen, VA

I worked at Burlington Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, discount, store hours

Cons

Pay, they have you do multiple job descriptions for 1 pay

Burlington Stores2019-04-14
  9. "Burlington review."

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Burlington Stores full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Flexible schedule. Opportunities for growth. Senior management.

Cons

*Hours for PT vary. *Hourly pay.

Burlington Stores2019-03-31
  10. "Company needs more upward mobility, upper management is too thin"

Current Employee - Loss Prevention

I have been working at Burlington Stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule, will work with you if you are going to school.

Cons

Too many weekends, low pay.

Advice to Management

Engage your employees, especially those who show interest

Burlington Stores2019-03-29